Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Kill a cruiser with shells and get a liquidator award - a fish tale

8 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles

I was playing a gearing in Mountain Map when I furballed with another DD. He smoked up . I fired fish into the cloud bank and ran. I didn't kill him but 3 fish hit. The score counter started ticking up. No ship kill. Near the end of the game,  I encountered a CA with 95 HP left. Easy kill. The the announcement: Liquidator  

Eh?

Liquidator - Cause flooding to an enemy ship and destroy it. Damage caused by flooding must exceed 40% of the destroyed ship's normal HP. Can be obtained multiple times per battle.

The destroy just doesn't have to be by torps. Can be by shell or ramming. As long as you cause at least 40% flooding and kill the ship. So lesson learned.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
304 posts
5,188 battles

The arsonist achievement works the same way

Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles

I killed an Independence with Gneisenau secondary fire, got the kill, got the CQE achievment, and in the post-battle results, I still got credit for the kill, but it said I did it with a bomb.....

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

I recently earned a spotting ribbon after having been sunk for three or four minutes.

In a destroyer.

:cap_wander:

-R

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles

One of the torps must have hit the cruiser, that was also in or behind the smoke with the DD.  You get those strange ones from time to time.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
51 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Eh?

Are you sure one of your torpedoes didn't go beyond the destroyer and clip the cruiser? He may have flooded out > 40% and then your gunnery at the end registered the kill for you.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you sure one of your torpedoes didn't go beyond the destroyer and clip the cruiser? He may have flooded out > 40% and then your gunnery at the end registered the kill for you.

I was writing my reaction  when I killed the CA since i couldn't tell who I hit with even with the tracking command. It's not often you get  a liquidator award for killing a ship with gunnery.

Sign in to follow this