You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Question from a new player.

24 comments in this topic

Members
160 posts
652 battles

Hello, i just started playing couple of days ago. I have a question about the training matches, where players set up ships in game (where they do not fire back) and do testing. Where can i access this? Sorry for stupid question. Thanks alot

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,375 posts
13,791 battles
3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Hello, i just started playing couple of days ago. I have a question about the training matches, where players set up ships in game (where they do not fire back) and do testing. Where can i access this? Sorry for stupid question. Thanks alot

At the top of your port screen where you select battle type.

Members
1,868 posts
829 battles
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

You have to be at account level 15 to have access to the training room.  It is listed under the WOWS website under the wiki tab at the top of the page, then click on account level to show the access at each level. 

Account Level 15

Icon_27.png

Reward for achieving this level: 50x Damage Control Party II (While active, instantly repairs any module incapacitations, fires, and floods.), 25x Repair Party II (While active, restores a fixed percentage of a ship's hit points each second.), 25x Hydroacoustic Search II (Detects all enemy ships and torpedoes within the specified radius, regardless of obstacles (such as smoke screens or islands).), 25x Smoke Generator II (While active, generates a smoke screen that blocks line-of-sight for both enemies and teammates.), 25x Torpedo Reload Booster II (When used, torpedo reload time is significantly reduced.), 25x Catapult Fighter II (While active, a fighter plane circles the ship providing additional protection from enemy aircraft by engaging incoming fighters and bombers.), 25x Engine Boost II (While active, increases a ship's speed by a fixed percentage.), 25x Defensive AA Fire II (While active, damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns increased.), 25x Spotting Aircraft II (While active, a spotter plane circles the ship providing enhanced main battery firing range.), 25x Surveillance Radar II (While active, detects all enemy ships within the specified radius, regardless of obstacles (such as smoke screens or islands).)

Players wishing to experience the challenge of Clan Battles must first attain Account Level 15. Once they do, they'll have the ability to join their Clan on the battlefield, queuing up as a group to challenge others on their server's Clan Rating leader boards. Also at Level 15, players may begin to use Training Rooms to hone their skills.

Members
160 posts
652 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

You have to be at account level 15 to have access to the training room.  It is listed under the WOWS website under the wiki tab at the top of the page, then click on account level to show the access at each level. 

Account Level 15

Icon_27.png

Reward for achieving this level: 50x Damage Control Party II (While active, instantly repairs any module incapacitations, fires, and floods.), 25x Repair Party II (While active, restores a fixed percentage of a ship's hit points each second.), 25x Hydroacoustic Search II (Detects all enemy ships and torpedoes within the specified radius, regardless of obstacles (such as smoke screens or islands).), 25x Smoke Generator II (While active, generates a smoke screen that blocks line-of-sight for both enemies and teammates.), 25x Torpedo Reload Booster II (When used, torpedo reload time is significantly reduced.), 25x Catapult Fighter II (While active, a fighter plane circles the ship providing additional protection from enemy aircraft by engaging incoming fighters and bombers.), 25x Engine Boost II (While active, increases a ship's speed by a fixed percentage.), 25x Defensive AA Fire II (While active, damage per second of large caliber anti-aircraft guns increased.), 25x Spotting Aircraft II (While active, a spotter plane circles the ship providing enhanced main battery firing range.), 25x Surveillance Radar II (While active, detects all enemy ships within the specified radius, regardless of obstacles (such as smoke screens or islands).)

Players wishing to experience the challenge of Clan Battles must first attain Account Level 15. Once they do, they'll have the ability to join their Clan on the battlefield, queuing up as a group to challenge others on their server's Clan Rating leader boards. Also at Level 15, players may begin to use Training Rooms to hone their skills.

Ok thanks alot. Watching these overpentration and armor overmatch videos is giving me a headache....lol Rather go into a training room and put it into practice. Guess i have to be patient. Thanks!!

[HAVOK]
[HAVOK]
Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

In the beginning you play with other players against bots (apparently these are now better than the average players) called Co-op; so as soon as possible switch mode to Random Battle.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
20 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Ok thanks alot. Watching these overpentration and armor overmatch videos is giving me a headache....lol Rather go into a training room and put it into practice. Guess i have to be patient. Thanks

Welcome aboard shipmate. I would like to recommend for you that you go to YouTube and look up World of Warships, and check out some of our Community Contributors' videos - @NoZoupForYou, @Notser, and @UrPeaceKeeper are some of my favorites.

Also before buying any Premium Ship check out @LittleWhiteMouse reviews of it. And if you need any help in game, feel free to add me to your in game contacts. I am not a great player, but I will try to help you.:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Ok thanks alot. Watching these overpentration and armor overmatch videos is giving me a headache....lol Rather go into a training room and put it into practice. Guess i have to be patient. Thanks!!

TBH, I wouldn't worry about it this point. Just practice your gameplay and (with the help of the forum and wiki) get a general idea of how that stuff works.

Use the training room to test out capabilities of specific ships ince you have a decent selection to choose from.

Members
160 posts
652 battles
4 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Welcome aboard shipmate. I would like to recommend for you that you go to YouTube and look up World of Warships, and check out some of our Community Contributors' videos - @NoZoupForYou, @Notser, and @UrPeaceKeeper are some of my favorites.

Also before buying any Premium Ship check out @LittleWhiteMouse reviews of it. And if you need any help in game, feel free to add me to your in game contacts. I am not a great player, but I will try to help you.:Smile_honoring:

Thank you. I have been watching Ichasegaming captain academy on youtube. Pretty informative. Been watching Notser and Flamu too. 

Members
326 posts
31 battles
6 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Thank you. I have been watching Ichasegaming captain academy on youtube. Pretty informative. Been watching Notser and Flamu too. 

What time do you typically play? I would be happy to reach out and team up with you and try and pass on some of the tips tricks and pointers I have accumulated playing since closed beta. 

Members
160 posts
652 battles
32 minutes ago, Theokolese said:

What time do you typically play? I would be happy to reach out and team up with you and try and pass on some of the tips tricks and pointers I have accumulated playing since closed beta. 

EST time zone. I have a newborn in the house so i can only play when i get time...lol

• Cool 1

Members
326 posts
31 battles
6 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

EST time zone. I have a newborn in the house so i can only play when i get time...lol

No worries I will send you a message in game. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

You are more than welcome, but just a heads up. I play mainly Co-Op and Operations. BUT I am still willing to try ro help.:Smile_honoring:

[A_51]
Members
284 posts
13,151 battles
9 hours ago, Dutch_81 said:

In the beginning you play with other players against bots (apparently these are now better than the average players) called Co-op; so as soon as possible switch mode to Random Battle.

Or you can avoid the griefing, insults and hissy fits and play primarily co-op.

Edited by Seaneroo

[HAVOK]
[HAVOK]
Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles
20 hours ago, Seaneroo said:

Or you can avoid the griefing, insults and hissy fits and play primarily co-op.

But, you also get less reward in terms of experience and credits.  How many people actually play this co-op? 

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
422 posts
On 10/2/2018 at 3:19 PM, Legio_X_ said:

Don't forget CC @Lord_Zath! He is great in giving advice to new and long-time players in the game. Just send him your replay and he will make lots of constructive comments so you can improve.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,868 posts
829 battles
23 minutes ago, Dutch_81 said:

But, you also get less reward in terms of experience and credits.  How many people actually play this co-op? 

Estimate is somewhere around 30%. 

Members
472 posts
8,503 battles
On 10/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, DrHolmes52 said:

You have to be at account level 15 to have access to the training room. 

Which is pretty stupid if you ask me.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,738 posts
15,396 battles
42 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

Don't forget CC @Lord_Zath! He is great in giving advice to new and long-time players in the game. Just send him your replay and he will make lots of constructive comments so you can improve.

o/

[O_O]
Members
738 posts
6,288 battles

ahh....training booth....

the only place in this game where my Atlanta can face off with the Midway and Hakuryu at the exact same time alone...buwhahaha....dam epic dodging all them T10 planes with a T7 CL buwhahaha :Smile_izmena:

Members
181 posts
1,591 battles
On 10/2/2018 at 10:48 AM, Skpstr said:

TBH, I wouldn't worry about it this point. Just practice your gameplay and (with the help of the forum and wiki) get a general idea of how that stuff works.

Use the training room to test out capabilities of specific ships ince you have a decent selection to choose from.

Since The WG inclusion of the Training rooms Aslain no longer has this Mod.

Members
181 posts
1,591 battles
On 10/2/2018 at 10:28 AM, mohawkdriver said:

Aslain's modpack allows training rooms as you describe.

Since the inclusion of The Training room Aslains no longer has this mod available.

[A_51]
Members
284 posts
13,151 battles
3 hours ago, Dutch_81 said:

True, there is a trade-off.  Then again, co-op games tend to end faster, so that offsets some of the differential.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,236 posts
10,587 battles
On 10/3/2018 at 2:39 PM, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Since the inclusion of The Training room Aslains no longer has this mod available.

Sorry to hear that.