You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

The Mighty QE Gets Another AA DE!

16 comments in this topic

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,683 posts
8,128 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

jj.thumb.jpg.d1cbd327a0a00d440d30b8efd4a5bd19.jpg

This is why its so unfair that usn dreadnoughts dont get their post pearl upgrades. RN and KM bbs should go through their ww1 selves just like everyone else!

P.s, grats on being a a floatin AAA tower :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
558 posts
3,623 battles

I love the Queen spec'd for aa.  It's a real shocker to the enemy Air Boss.  lol.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles
2 hours ago, Crokodone said:

This is why its so unfair that usn dreadnoughts dont get their post pearl upgrades. RN and KM bbs should go through their ww1 selves just like everyone else!

That's sort of the relationship between Warspite and QE. QE got the full secondary and AA rebuild; Warspite held on to a good proportion of her WW1 secondaries and just got 4" AA (Black Swan) guns grafted on.

(I am currently developing my QE captain for manual secondaries; he'll get AFT first to buff the range, and I'll add BFT later.)

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

Whats your build? 

I'm training a supreme Orion seal club.r  

PT, EM, Vigilance, AFT

ManAA, AR, BFT. 

Good against everything except other BBs. Simply due to lack of armor and lack of accurate firepower. (Their AP dpm is higher than my HE dpm)

Members
706 posts
4 hours ago, Crokodone said:

that's what happens when your late to the party.

in essence pick a date between 1st Sep 1939 and 1st Jan 1942 and most of the RN ww1 era BB's had already had their AA defences bolstered at least once if not twice, in fact on the 6th/7th of Dec 1941 Warspite was having additional AA capability fitted and other works at Bremerton Navy Yard.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

Wow, impressive.  Does the QE have noticeably better AA than Warspite when fully outfitted?

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,448 posts
8,096 battles
9 hours ago, Crokodone said:

To be fair - QE doesn't even have her full upgrades, she has similar inter-war upgrades to NM. And whatever is on Bayern is a Wargaming mock up of had it not been scuttled. With her initial AA being more or less WW1 on the A hull. 

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,022 posts
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Wow, impressive.  Does the QE have noticeably better AA than Warspite when fully outfitted?

Considering all her serious AA power is in her secondaries, she benefits massively from Manual AA in a tier where almost nobody really gets anything from it.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles

QE does have the final form of her hull reconstruction, with the 5 x twin 4.5" secondary mounts each side and no six-inch to speak of.

Supertester
1,464 posts
16 battles
53 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

QE does have the final form of her hull reconstruction, with the 5 x twin 4.5" secondary mounts each side and no six-inch to speak of.

Hull perhaps, but the catapult was removed later on in 1943 for a bunch of dual 20mm oerlikons IIRC.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,841 posts
13,052 battles
11 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Each ship (spec'd out) has three bubbles.  7.2km, 3km, and 2.4km.

The progressive DPS (outer to inner) for a full spec ship/captain against a designated target is:

Warspite:  100  237  318

Queen E:   234  371  500

Note the mid to short range "additional" DPS is close to the same for both ships.  It's that long range DPS that's the killer.  It gives the QE 2.3 times the hit rate at long range.  Considering that the long range DPS continues in the mid and short range DPS, the QE starts with a big lead...and keeps it all the way in.

Also note the QE long range mounts are armored.   They tend to last throughout the battle.  So a QE can keep that long range punch even in the end game.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,841 posts
13,052 battles
19 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Whats your build? 

PT DCCA EM BFT AFT FP MFCAA

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,841 posts
13,052 battles
6 hours ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

I think it’s the double aircraft skill.

Correct.  Two Spotters for QE.  Helps a Lot when a DD is stalking.  Even with EM, some DDs at detection range can engage on a cross track faster than a QE's turrets can rotate.  Two spotters make it more difficult for a stalking DD to time his run based on the spotter pass.  They are also useful when I'm on the DD hunt, or I need to peek over smoke.  Not to mention the overall redundancy of the skill itself.  Even when i don't need them, I can pop them just before I get deleted. 

Oh, and it goes without saying what happens to enemy fighter squadrons who decide to engage the "easy' spotter target.

There is simply a lot of value in having two spotters on the Queen....especially given it's a one point skill.

The only downside is I use the same captain on the Hood, where DCCA is a waste (Hood has no spotter or fighter).  Oh well.  It's worth too much on the QE to give it up for PM.