Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastReaper

Minsk vs Akizuki?

4 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts

How do I play against the Akizuki in a Minsk? It just seems to annihilate me at almost any range. I can outrange him but then getting hits at 12km+ becomes hard...

The Jervis at tier 7 has also blown me apart in a 7km engagement. Do I just redploy to the other side of the map whenever I encounter an Akizuki and stay far away from the Jervis?

Members
1,157 posts
6,936 battles

Don't pick fair fights.  Pick fights with enemy DDs when you have back up if it is close to an even fight or if they have the advantage.   Anticipate where they are or will be and find ways to put them at the disadvantage.  You have the range and speed advantage, so making use of that isn't a bad idea.  They buffed the turret traverse so doing the DD wiggle while firing is more doable now. 

It is not always possible, but you can team up with the stealthier DDs, letting them spot the enemy DDs and you blast them from a little farther back.  ideally you are just far enough back that the moment your friend spots them, you will be spotted.  This is something you will need to learn as you go up the gun boat line. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

If you can use an island to suicide torp the aki, taking advantage of her awful manuverability, do that. If you cant, use your speed to dodge and create gaps very fast to disappear.

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,736 battles

Akizuki, and her more advanced brethern Kitakaze and Harugumo are particularly good for one thing and one thing only, that is to absolutely stop on enemy destroyers. If an Akizuki managed to lose a gunfight to a same tier destroyer, left alone a lower tier one, something must've gone terribly wrong on his part. If you find yourself in a Minsk in a tier 8 game, you will need all the wits about you, and luckily there are many things you can do to overcome this obstacle, just keep in mind straight out brawling is not an option.

Depends on your build, you will either get out-spotted by the Akizuki or spot each other at almost the same time, and you don't want to pick fair fights. So, if you wish to contest the capture point (which you should), don't do it alone. Minsk's guns reload quite slowly, but the gun arc is superb and the alpha damage is quite high, and if you are not forced to be actively running for your life, your can stack up damage quite quickly. Trail behind another allied destroyer with superior concealment, and play how you normally would play after the akizuki is dead.

Of coures, if it's standard battle mode or you fun a full BFT AFT gunboat build, you can forget about contesting capture points. You are much faster than akizuki, so as long as you don't look for a head on collision you should be free of its terror. Be an annoyance to the enemy cruisers and battlehsips, play like the generic gunboat.

Sign in to follow this