You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kampfer91

Rework for BB ?

40 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,097 battles

Been playing this for long but now i just feel so stressful  playing BB . Being a BB captain is just a burden for several things : Shells fly all over the place , Cruiser casually dodge your shell and spam HE at you while you have to wait for half of a minute to reload and hell god forbid you to play when DD sneak right in front of you and start throwing HE inside theirs smoke screen and you can't do anything about it  .

In fact , i feel i perform better overall when i switch to a Cruiser .  

I think BB should have shorter reloading time for consumable and the ability to manually switch to secondary while waiting for the main gun to reload . But oh well , BB will stay this way for a long time i guess...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[PVE]
Members
9,675 posts
7,466 battles

brace-yourself-salt-zb2bqd.jpg

Spoiler

itsatrap.jpg

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

The only rework id give BBs is less damage per shot, removing citadels for all classes in trade for better accuracy.

Playing BBs does feel entirely up to RNG, and it is annoying when rng says no, but faster reload and more acc and the random 1 shots?  Yeah no.

Id change dcp rp systems and add them to every class.

Id love to see the game be more accurate, but slower out of the blue deaths.  More defensive systems..

Edited by KnightFandragon

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
4,016 battles

Ignoring the FACT that cruisers are just cooler than battleships, I think you should play cruisers more. As a cruiser player, I quickly came to respect the power of BB shells. Especially with the French and Japanese cruisers. BB shells hurt like hell. In exchange, you get long reload times. There's no reason to change it.

Edited by SithSteel
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[LEGIO]
Members
2,990 posts
5,408 battles
9 minutes ago, kampfer91 said:

the ability to manually switch to secondary while waiting for the main gun to reload .

I've been wanting this forever.

• Cool 4

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,448 posts
8,096 battles

Nah, see, they think there's too much focus on secondaries, so secondaries are becoming a consumable you hit every so often. But the good news is you get thrilling new gameplay from the perspective of on top of the turret, that you now control individually. Sure you can't fire a full broadside salvo anymore, but now you can fire each barrel separately and target with each one. And there adding a new shell that's almost like a shotgun shell, great for dealing with DD's. They are still trying to figure out the right mobility balance, damage, all that jazz that needs to be sorted out to try and make this new action oriented gameplay work. Though also with this change, you can't actually steer your ship any other way but the way point map. But they are sure that we will all enjoy it, and that it will be easier for new players to pick up and completely close the skill gap, and being sniped by other ships TOTALLY won't happen. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,799 posts
7,037 battles

I have previously made a proposal for a bb rework, I'm afraid my post didn't last long. I recommend however, asking for :

1. individual first person turret control, firing one gun at a time
  2. once all guns fired, return to port to reload,
  3. speed control automated (nothing so annoying as to have to speed up and slow down)
  4. ship navigation by shift&click waypoints on the map only (WASD hackz not allowed anymore)
  • Bad 6

[RNDM]
Members
124 posts
2,842 battles

I will agree that the BB consumable cool down is horribly long and that the reload times for guns are slow. This is however how you balance out the advantages that BBs have in the ability to heal floods and fires in full and the fire power of those guns. If cruisers are dodging your shells I would suggest improving your aim or dispersion by maybe using a different national BB or using modules and builds for accuracy. DDs will be much less of a problem if you stay near allies and don't sail in a straight line. If that does not work then I recommend either German Hydro BBs or RN HE BBs to you can deal with DDs better. RN BBs use HE alot so its less of a problem to switch for DDs and you can blind fire into smoke and score a few hits most of the time. I do not think that BBs need any such rework as they are highly playable as they are and any rework should come with checks to try and maintain balance.

[SIM]
Members
2,531 posts
4,182 battles

OP, your request isn’t unreasonable, though it could upset the balance of the game. It could just be that you’d be happier playing cruisers? There’s nothing wrong with that, cruisers are great.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, kampfer91 said:

i perform better overall when i switch to a Cruiser

Then switch to a cruiser.

[TACG]
[TACG]
Alpha Tester
190 posts
2,312 battles
1 hour ago, kampfer91 said:

Been playing this for long but now i just feel so stressful  playing BB . Being a BB captain is just a burden for several things : Shells fly all over the place , Cruiser casually dodge your shell and spam HE at you while you have to wait for half of a minute to reload and hell god forbid you to play when DD sneak right in front of you and start throwing HE inside theirs smoke screen and you can't do anything about it  .

I think BB should have shorter reloading time for consumable and the ability to manually switch to secondary while waiting for the main gun to reload . But oh well , BB will stay this way for a long time i guess...

It's an interesting idea, however; not practical. 1 shell from a battleship would hurt a lot to any ship in the game. Switching to secondary armament is in Blitz, but I found something like that rather difficult, because it really required too much focus to do. example: You're going to be more likely to try to aim carefully with the main armament at one target, but you have a second target shooting you. Nothing will be firing on that second target while you're focusing on the first target with main armaments. Until you switch and fire the secondary armaments, but you'd again have a very hard time trying to engage multiple targets. I do like how the secondary armament is automated that way you don't have to focus on that as much

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,100 posts
12,657 battles

You're mostly correct that the mid-tier meta is full of smoke and battleships have derp-[edited]dispersion.

You're probably not going to like the solution, but it's already in the game: play at high tier. Battleships have extremely good dispersion at much longer ranges, and smoke campers die to fast torpedoes and radar. The resulting gameplay is significantly different. It's up to you to decide whether you like the result, though. I do, but you'll hear a lot from folks that don't.

Members
855 posts
3,587 battles

If you want fast reloading guns play cruisers, BBs are the strongest ships in the game the last thing they need is a buff.....

• Cool 2

Members
1,509 posts
7,515 battles

If I was you I'd just stop playing BB's for the time being.  There is a surplus of highly maneuverable he spammers right now.  Just not worth the stress.

I'm a BB main but recently I have been running nothing but Gunboat DD's.  It's ridiculously easy to just spam and burn them to death from smoke or cover.  You can always keep them spotted and they just never can do anything about it.

Kind of sad honestly but hey you gotta roll with whatever the meta is.   Big slow ships are not the meta, they are just free xp.  Even when they do get a shot on me, all I have to do is cut power and turn, 90+% misses. 

Resume spamming them as they slowly turn and try to run away.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

Modder
341 posts
14 battles

hot leak: WG is actually planning BB rework after the CV one. In order to make the player more involved in the game youll be manually loading your guns.

• Funny 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,447 posts
11,755 battles
10 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

I'm guessing your still in tiers 4 to 6 range on your Battleships. 

REPUBLIQUE getting 3 citadels on a Yammy at 24km.... then 26 seconds later getting 2 more....

13km secondary causing destroyers and cruisers to flee in panic.... on a Clan War.

Yammy insta deleting a smoked up destroyer at 6km....

Iowa lobbying shells at 15 km to kill a smoked up minno behind an island.

Scharnhurst 22 sec reload...

....Lyon 16 gun barrages....

Dispersion really sucks on most battleships under tier 7...

They do get better. 

Don't be separated, stay with your cruisers and the destroyers are not much of a threat.

Concentrate on cruisers early game.

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,297 battles
10 hours ago, Umikami said:

Then switch to a cruiser.

You read my mind....what kind of a knucklehead are you OP?

Image result for my beloved corp

BB's are made to take punishment...that does not mean sit and be taken advantage of...push into that smoke and kill that pesky DD hiding. Push in and kill that pesky cruiser trying to kill you with fire, your other choice is death.  Good grief noobs...

Edited by C_D

Members
18,230 posts
5,205 battles
10 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

OP, your request isn’t unreasonable, though it could upset the balance of the game. It could just be that you’d be happier playing cruisers? There’s nothing wrong with that, cruisers are great.

Yup, while I like both BBs and CAs up to T8, T9/10, I prefer cruisers.

Members
18,230 posts
5,205 battles
9 hours ago, Edgecase said:

You're mostly correct that the mid-tier meta is full of smoke and battleships have derp-[edited]dispersion.

At least the mid-tier BBs can get out of their own way lol.

Just imagine the OP when he goes from NC to Iowa, or Bismarck to Freddie.....

It's like you took a dump truck and disconnected the power steering.

• Funny 1

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

At least the mid-tier BBs can get out of their own way lol.

Just imagine the OP when he goes from NC to Iowa, or Bismarck to Freddie.....

It's like you took a dump truck and disconnected the power steering.

Whats up with the massive increase in turning radius higher up?

Higher tier ships, they get worse....

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,799 posts
7,037 battles
14 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

higher up, battleships get much much bigger and longer - hence larger turning circle radius.

Members
18,230 posts
5,205 battles
3 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Longer hulls for better speed from bigger ships I'm thinking.

The CAs get hit with it too, but for the most part, their turning radius is similar to a mid-tier BB, but with a much better rudder shift. Hindy has an 800m radius, but you can get the rudder under 5 seconds, so it doesn't feel clumsy when WASDing.