Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DemonW0lf

Anyone take out their beta for a drive lastly?

15 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
185 posts

Ive been away from here for awhile mostly took a break back in late July came back a few days ago and just took out my beta for a spin. Sure its really slow but pretty effective. I just wish T10 battles were like T4-T5 but thats life.

Untitled.jpg

Members
1,923 posts
2,492 battles

I'm still waiting for mine, payed for it back in 2015 but no, the offer was too good to be true and WG scammed us.

• Bad 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,685 posts
3,928 battles

Last time I did I also got 6 kills. Two of which were DDs about the same distance from me. Still got the replay but not sure if it'll play since the game updated.

Beta Testers
1,305 posts
6,550 battles

Yup, I took mine out yesterday!  Removed the meta build at put in a nice full secondary spec.   It was a glorious 6.8km radius of death.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
4 hours ago, Kenjister said:

Yup, I took mine out yesterday!  Removed the meta build at put in a nice full secondary spec.   It was a glorious 6.8km radius of death.

Same, I put my Secondary spec'ed Massachusetts captain in the Beta. At those tiers DDs have to get in your secondary range. 

I just cringe when I see 1 or 2 carries in the match and my CV have no clue how to provide fighter cover. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
5 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

I'm still waiting for mine, payed for it back in 2015 but no, the offer was too good to be true and WG scammed us.

:cap_haloween::cap_old:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
5 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

Same, I put my Secondary spec'ed Massachusetts captain in the Beta. At those tiers DDs have to get in your secondary range. 

I just cringe when I see 1 or 2 carries in the match and my CV have no clue how to provide fighter cover. 

Strangely enough, carriers usually leave my Ark B alone until A) I'm coming to sink them or B) I'm the biggest target remaining. 

[GLF]
Beta Testers
523 posts
10,501 battles

God, I haven't taken mine out in ages....maybe I'll take her for a spin later today

[5IN]
Members
67 posts
14,008 battles

I saw a red 3 Ship beta division last night. I sunk two of them and did 30k to the other in my Kamikaze on the way to a kraken and a very close win. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles

I haven’t played in a while.   But it’s always fun making cruisers and DDs scream in terror when they cross into the secondary zone of death.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
15 minutes ago, TAM_OH said:

I saw a red 3 Ship beta division last night. I sunk two of them and did 30k to the other in my Kamikaze on the way to a kraken and a very close win. 

So you countered an moderate OP tier 4 BB with a definite OP tier 5 DD? Seems about right. 

[5IN]
Members
67 posts
14,008 battles
6 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

So you countered an moderate OP tier 4 BB with a definite OP tier 5 DD? Seems about right. 

Yup, you got to make hay while the sun shines... whatever that means.....

I played a couple games in the alpha and beta ships as a corgi. Wish I had them they are both op and a lot of fun. 

• Cool 1

Members
326 posts
31 battles

I know it sounds crazy but I like the Ishizuchi better than the Ark Beta. Her speed makes her more flexible and her guns are really accurate. I will have to try my Massachusetts Captain on the Ark beta though. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

I played several matches in mine after the US cruiser split, to help train the replacement captains to 10 points (used Ark B, Texas & a couple others). I hadn't played but a handful of games in it before that and I'd never added the last two pieces of equipment, as I was always hurting for credits. There was an equipment sale around that time and I put them on. What a huge difference the arty plotting room mod made to the accuracy. Got a couple of High Calibers after adding it. The equipment and having a lot more experience since last playing it really made the difference.

I try to stay out of low tiers unless I'm grinding up a line, but I have to say that I had a heck of a lot of fun playing it. If all of these recent events didn't require tier 5+ games, I'd likely take it out more.

Edited by Dr_Wigglespank

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles
6 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I played several matches in mine after the US cruiser split, to help train the replacement captains to 10 points (used Ark B, Texas & a couple others). I hadn't played but a handful of games in it before that and I'd never added the last two pieces of equipment, as I was always hurting for credits. There was an equipment sale around that time and I put them on. What a huge difference the arty plotting room mod made to the accuracy. Got a couple of High Calibers after adding it. The equipment and having a lot more experience since last playing it really made the difference.

I try to stay out of low tiers unless I'm grinding up a line, but I have to say that I had a heck of a lot of fun playing it. If all of these recent events didn't require tier 5+ games, I'd likely take it out more.

Yup gotta love a tier 4 with tier 10 modification options 

Sign in to follow this