You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Completed the Jervis mission today

18 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,211 battles

I have the Acasta, Icarus and the Jervis now. I've played the Acasta and Icarus for a few games and like their play style, might have to give the line a good try. I haven't like the USN or INJ line of DD's in the past.5bb2c04b2ac4b_ScreenShot2018-10-01at8_45_51PM.thumb.png.f5cc9d56b68f60d888c9f32b3491dce8.png

[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,031 battles

Congrats, I have those 3 also but I bought the Cossack so I haven't played them yet.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,445 posts
11,731 battles

The Jervis is amazing with 10 point captain. 

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The Jervis is amazing with 10 point captain. 

Nah. It is just good enough, and that's all. Even with a 19-pointer (and at this stage if you have one you can put him in the ship until the line is released-it is a premium without the premium bonuses other than swapping captains until the line drops) she requires care in use because of her weak torpedo range and lack of concealment.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,445 posts
11,731 battles
30 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Nah. It is just good enough, and that's all. Even with a 19-pointer (and at this stage if you have one you can put him in the ship until the line is released-it is a premium without the premium bonuses other than swapping captains until the line drops) she requires care in use because of her weak torpedo range and lack of concealment.

Stealth torp capability.

Smokes reload fast.

Guns are amazing.

She is nimble.

[LTWG]
Members
213 posts
1,910 battles

i have the acasta and the icarus, i just really wish i was able to get the jervis or the lightning so i could do the other mission that are listed. I really love the icarus and turns out im pretty good in her too

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Stealth torp capability.

Smokes reload fast.

Guns are amazing.

She is nimble.

Eh...

Jervis' stealth torp window is small, not to mention her awkward torpedo angles. Personally I find myself RARELY using them in a battle, and then only toward the late-game when I can catch straggler battleships off-guard.

Yes, the smoke DOES reload fast, that is a plus. It also dissipates fast and puts out very few smoke clouds so that it's really only good for when you need to make like a tree and run as far away from the enemy as possible.

The guns are indeed good. The traverse rate is... Manageable, when stock, but expert marksman can help cure that (so glad I made Bert Dunkirk my destroyer captain). The arcs are also on the iffy side, but not near as floaty as the (in?)famous USN 5" /38 guns, so that's good. Also, that 360 degree Y turret traverse.

That I will give you without reservation. Jervis is definitely in the running for most agile ship in my harbor, and that fact helps her IMMENSELY. It definitely alleviates a lot of the pain cause by her turret traverse, that's for sure.

Other points to include are her Hydro, great for charging smoke and avoiding other lolibotes fishies; AA, or lack-there-of (seriously, only a 2.6km range?!); and a reiteration of her agility by way of that MASSIVE speed retention during turns.

All in all I love my Jervis and have a sneaking suspicion that, once I'm done with Kitakaze, Alsace, and Taiho, the RN DD line is going to be the next destroyer line I focus on. ESPECIALLY if Lightning is Jervis 2.0

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,000 posts
13,671 battles

Congrats OP

Jervis like the Acasta  & Icarus is anemic and probably the weakest of the three. It's main downfall is it's detectability which leaves it at a disadvantage against other DDs when capping.

Lightening promises to be much better due to low detection and I am looking forward to that one (I have the Cossack and it is simply amazing so if lightening is anywhere near that I will be happy). 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
558 posts
3,623 battles

Acasta, Icarus and Jervis here, too.  Just got the Jervis tonight.  Nice little ships, except for Acasta.  Nicholas is a better babybote, hands down.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,267 posts
4,224 battles
9 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

she requires care in use

Some people like to play the game that way, and I think this line will find favour with them.

My few trips out in the Acasta in co-op have had a living-on-the-edge feeling I haven't yet experienced in other destroyers (US, Pan-Asian) at the same tier. But it will mean that life is never boring, and it will probably teach me good DD habits. I can't wait for the full line to unlock; I already have enough XP on the Weymouth to unlock the Medea, and then that rustbucket cruiser is getting retired forever.

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
315 posts
9,428 battles

I really enjoy the Jervis. Have enough XP on her to step right into the lightning. It is a workable ship

[RKN]
Beta Testers
998 posts
9,009 battles

Just curious, are you guys getting these missions by in game containers or buying the premiums from the shop. No judgement, just curious how people are getting so many of these ships.

[SF-3]
Members
1,514 posts
8,107 battles

Only played a few games in the Jervis, seems ok. I really wish that hydro had an extra 0.5km ship spotting though, maybe even 3.5 or 3.75 km. The conceal isnt that bad and neither are the torps. Kind of reminds me of the KM dds with USN guns.

Edited by Kevs02Accord

[SF-3]
Members
1,514 posts
8,107 battles
3 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Just curious, are you guys getting these missions by in game containers or buying the premiums from the shop. No judgement, just curious how people are getting so many of these ships.

I have got the acasta and jervis from the reward containers, not bought anything.

[H_]
Members
231 posts
7,217 battles

I got the Acasta and the Icarus from the in game missions in containers as personal assignments.  Would love to see a Jervis. I like the Acasta, but the jury is still out on the Icarus as I've not played it enough to get a good feel.

[V_KNG]
Members
560 posts
8,718 battles
14 hours ago, Markk9 said:

I have the Acasta, Icarus and the Jervis now. I've played the Acasta and Icarus for a few games and like their play style, might have to give the line a good try. I haven't like the USN or INJ line of DD's in the past.5bb2c04b2ac4b_ScreenShot2018-10-01at8_45_51PM.thumb.png.f5cc9d56b68f60d888c9f32b3491dce8.png

Congrats Jervis is a fun ship - I ended up with all 4 from the missions and I love Jervis and Lightning!! I think these ships might be my go to DD's and I have every DD line in the game and almost all of the Premiums. 

[CAST]
Members
1,200 posts
7,368 battles

I have gotten most of the containers so far, but no ships yet.  Some people get all the luck.  I have had the same bad luck for most missions similar to this where it took crates to unlock early ships.  Luckily, most of the ships are easy to grind.  It would be nice to get some of the higher tier ones though, to start farther up the chain, plus in this case, you get a few extra containers by playing the UK DDs.  Those without the ship drops don't have access to those extra containers.