You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RobertViktor68

Arms race population

31 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Supertester
22,829 posts
12,789 battles
16 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

I think it is an excellent mode for grinding tier 9s.

That is about it though because it doesn't count for anything beyond the RN missions.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,524 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

my question is where are all these 43% TIER TEN ship players coming from...???  I aint great.... even my in game account is OK but 90% of my team, and the red team consists of 43% players... some with 5K battles..... 

not a big deal when it does not really matter as much cause AR does not have a bearing on WR, so its not really a rant... but wth man,... how is ANYONE THAT BAD at 2, 3 4K battles and playing tier ten ships???
Maybe its me but I would not want to be that bad at a team game... and cause more team losses than wins...

and its funny how one game can be five on five and the very next game its 12 on 12, then 4 on four... 8 on 8 10 on 10 and back to 5....

Because the broke the economy when they allowed people to spam T10s without resorting to lower tiers to make credits.  Now people climb the tiers and /think/ they know how to play.

[SALVO]
Members
22,934 posts
23,508 battles
1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

So [edited]sick of having tier 10 shoved down my throat across CB, ranked, this, lengendary mods... they need to spread this out. 

No interest in their [edited] game modes in tier 9-10. Just my opinion. 

ENO, part of the point of Arms Race, at least in the opinion of some players, is to peel off some high tier players into Arms Race and out of the random queue, in an effort to improve MM for tier 7 and 8 players.  If they reduced the tier of ships allowed in Arms Race, it would make this effort moot.  That is, *IF* this is a goal of Arms Race in the first place and not just a wrong assumption (which, of course, it may be).

[SALVO]
Members
22,934 posts
23,508 battles
1 hour ago, C_D said:

It is because it is not offering many if any rewards that count towards peoples missions etc....not enough goodies for reward.

C_D, I wouldn't word it quite that way.  They're just not allowing your results in Arms  Race to count towards all of the various missions.  And since the grinds for the Legendary Modules, for example, are so long, a lot of regular high tier players just don't want to waste their precious game time on a mode that doesn't count towards those missions.  WG doesn't have to offer "goodies" to get people to play AR.  Just letting its results count towards missions would, or should, be enough.

[SALVO]
Members
22,934 posts
23,508 battles
51 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

I think it is an excellent mode for grinding tier 9s.

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't.  If you enjoy AR, then that's probably enough reason to play it for grinding.

Members
2,626 posts
509 battles
18 hours ago, Crucis said:

ENO, part of the point of Arms Race, at least in the opinion of some players, is to peel off some high tier players into Arms Race and out of the random queue, in an effort to improve MM for tier 7 and 8 players.  If they reduced the tier of ships allowed in Arms Race, it would make this effort moot.  That is, *IF* this is a goal of Arms Race in the first place and not just a wrong assumption (which, of course, it may be).

it seems that might be the idea... BUT  after seeing that most of the tier nine and ten ships I have seen in AR have to improve just to suck in their ships.... I would much rather have them in a tier 8 game so I can get the MAX XP in my current tier 8 and 9 ships I am grinding...

yHKbBAr.gif

Edited by neptunes_wrath