You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RobertViktor68

Arms race population

31 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
6 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Why is it so small now?

??? small how? Things were added last patch, like Commanders.

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, RobertViktor68 said:

oops!  Meant Arms Race.

Ah, well it is a new battle mode that is in testing. It is also only T9 & T10 at this time. As I understand it, only a small fraction of the player base comes to the forum, so the majority of the player base probably hasn't stumbled onto it yet.

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,307 battles

It is because it is not offering many if any rewards that count towards peoples missions etc....not enough goodies for reward.

• Cool 2

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

So [edited]sick of having tier 10 shoved down my throat across CB, ranked, this, lengendary mods... they need to spread this out. 

No interest in their [edited] game modes in tier 9-10. Just my opinion. 

Members
1,330 posts
501 battles

my question is where are all these 43% TIER TEN ship players coming from...???  I aint great.... even my in game account is OK but 90% of my team, and the red team consists of 43% players... some with 5K battles..... 

not a big deal when it does not really matter as much cause AR does not have a bearing on WR, so its not really a rant... but wth man,... how is ANYONE THAT BAD at 2, 3 4K battles and playing tier ten ships???
Maybe its me but I would not want to be that bad at a team game... and cause more team losses than wins...

and its funny how one game can be five on five and the very next game its 12 on 12, then 4 on four... 8 on 8 10 on 10 and back to 5....

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
186 posts
5,131 battles

The problem is players can't earn their legendary mods in this game mode. I want to see this mode take off, mostly because it would help tier 8 matchmaking.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,104 posts

Probably because the mode does not count towards the legendary upgrades, which is the current tier ten hook. Had they been thinking, they would have made it tier 8 and 9.

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
11 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

So [edited]sick of having tier 10 shoved down my throat across CB, ranked, this, lengendary mods... they need to spread this out. 

No interest in their [edited] game modes in tier 9-10. Just my opinion. 

See the source image

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles

There is a chance that they didn't want too many players playing it.  Sort of the next level after beta testing.  Guessing they would want players more "serious" (Tier 10 owners) than PTS, but not the entire group of Legendary Mod grinders.  It was presented as a test when it was first released and it is kind of a fun way to build T10 skills.

Members
1,330 posts
501 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

There is a chance that they didn't want too many players playing it.  Sort of the next level after beta testing.  Guessing they would want players more "serious" (Tier 10 owners) than PTS, but not the entire group of Legendary Mod grinders.  It was presented as a test when it was first released and it is kind of a fun way to build T10 skills.

see above...

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles
17 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

my question is where are all these 43% TIER TEN ship players coming from...???  I aint great.... even my in game account is OK but 90% of my team, and the red team consists of 43% players... some with 5K battles..... 

not a big deal when it does not really matter as much cause AR does not have a bearing on WR, so its not really a rant... but wth man,... how is ANYONE THAT BAD at 2, 3 4K battles and playing tier ten ships???
Maybe its me but I would not want to be that bad at a team game... and cause more teal losses than wins...

They might have gotten T10 ships for the Anniversary SC - that was me last year.  I ground to the Minotaur and Des Moines, played my one battle in each and got insta-deleted.  In my case, I parked them in my port for months and only took them out in PvE.  I would occasionally try a Random battle, but I was lost in the meta and completely useless.  In their case, they probably kept playing them.  Now, I am not especially good, but I can contribute and am getting better.  Arms Race is a good way for me to practice driving my T10's.

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
5 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

The problem is players can't earn their legendary mods in this game mode. I want to see this mode take off, mostly because it would help tier 8 matchmaking.

3 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Probably because the mode does not count towards the legendary upgrades, which is the current tier ten hook. Had they been thinking, they would have made it tier 8 and 9.

Well, it is in live testing, so I'm sure more will be added to it over time. I expect achievements won't be added until they can see what the average game is like.

14 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Maybe its me but I would not want to be that bad at a team game... and cause more teal losses than wins...

I guess I'm one of the potatoes. I ground Pensacola to Des Moines, mostly in PvP, for the US cruiser split. I have a crap survival rate in PvP as I'm way too aggressive.

zBlR4z1.jpg

K3QVKNy.jpg

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

I think a lot of people like it but they aren't offering the rewards or the tier ten legendary upgrades in it, so why play it? A poor test if you ask me. I like the mode though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,966 battles

It would be popular as a means to the legendary mod grind, rather than doing it in other mods.

[O_O]
Members
733 posts
6,220 battles

played a few games in Arms Race...i don't really see the point in it since only can play T9 and T10... 

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

No legendary module grinds, no campaign grinds, and most importantly I can't work my way towards those shiny emblems. 

[TBOW]
Members
211 posts
1,906 battles

I’m not and don’t plan to play it, maybe if there were more post game perks (more free xp) then maybe

Members
1,330 posts
501 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, it is in live testing, so I'm sure more will be added to it over time. I expect achievements won't be added until they can see what the average game is like.

I guess I'm one of the potatoes. I ground Pensacola to Des Moines, mostly in PvP, for the US cruiser split. I have a crap survival rate in PvP as I'm way too aggressive.

zBlR4z1.jpg

K3QVKNy.jpg

lol I said 43..... you are far better than that....

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
10 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

No legendary module grinds, no campaign grinds, and most importantly I can't work my way towards those shiny emblems. 

You can complete RN Missions in Arms Race.

a5tKlcu.jpg

Hall of Fame points for Arms Race

ZbOgLcz.jpg

5 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

lol I said 43..... you are far better than that....

Thank you, but I know I need work. I just haven't felt up to PvP lately.

Members
855 posts
3,587 battles
1 hour ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Why is it so small now?

Because it sucks and no one wants to play "I have the golden gun" halo mode. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1