You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ObiphanKenobi

Is there any other free, replay programs that compatible with WG?

11 comments in this topic

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,813 posts
9,904 battles

Hi guys/girls,

I had tried using the WG replay tool and it not working. I even tried to contact Lert and ask for his help, and follow the instruction from the WG support page. I even go further searching on YouTube with video clips, and pause at every single step. And I begged @Rolkatsuki so I can add him Discord for personally 1vs1 help to get this replay going, and it not working. Also tried edit the Preferrence script and still not working

So, anyone here know any other programs that can do replay and also compatible with current version, and FREE with ease to use.

Thank you for helping

regards,

• Bad 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,348 posts
9,546 battles

Not sure about the replay tool, but the MODSTATION has an option for replays if that helps.

Also, what exactly isn't working about the replays? I've had pretty good luck way back when editing the preferences file, and later on using the replay tool and the modstation on various computers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Not sure about the replay tool, but the MODSTATION has an option for replays if that helps.

Also, what exactly isn't working about the replays? I've had pretty good luck way back when editing the preferences file, and later on using the replay tool and the modstation on various computers.

There is one in Aslain's too. I was never able to get the typing correct to turn them one manually.

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
13 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

So, anyone here know any other programs that can do replay and also compatible with current version, and FREE with ease to use.

If you have a good video card you can record with that.

[LOU1]
Members
3,061 posts
8,148 battles

Replays only play with the WOWS version they were created with.  If you have a really good match, you should replay it during that patch and record it.  Otherwise, you will not be able to run it after the next patch comes out.  There are a small number of players that have archived the previous versions of WOWS and can play older replays, though.

EDIT:  Not applicable

Edited by ExploratorOne

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,813 posts
9,904 battles
12 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Also, what exactly isn't working about the replays?

I followed Lert instruction, the support page instruction, the youtube video clip and Rolkatsuki up to the part where double click on the replay tool.exe, black screen appear. I don't have this black screen appear.

I have option Disable ReplayTool check, associate all file to replay and click apply, start game client, log in and play 1 quick match. Nothing happen, not even a Replay folder create in the Game folder.

I spent 2hrs with Rolkatsuki and I gave up.

Will try the Modstation latter

11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you have a good video card you can record with that.

can you elaborate more on this?

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,835 posts
7,129 battles

some graphics cards have their own built in replay, but really depends on the rest of your pc hardware.

[LOU1]
Members
3,061 posts
8,148 battles

Did you try adding the Enable Replays mod from the WOWS Modstation or Aslain's Mod Pack?  That is the simplest way to enable replays.

For recording:

If you are running Windows 10, pressing the Windows key+Alt+R starts recording.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
16 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

can you elaborate more on this?

If you have Geoforce experience Check out the In Game Overlay, in settings.

Geoforce.thumb.png.ba6fd4ea160ce47dfc74033f9633d205.png

HD files can be big, I think you can select the Quality though. As you can see mine is off. I just check the Box on Aslains Modpack.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
2,501 posts
5,492 battles

As many people had said - you have to add to the preferences file by adding this.

Local drive which is usually C: then Games folder then World of warships_NA folder.

In that find the preferences.xml file - right click and open with NOTEPAD

Okay in ascii form scroll down to: 

</weaponSection>

below that its probably blank but add:

<isReplayEnabled>    true    </isReplayEnabled>

Should look like this when done:

</weaponSection>

<isReplayEnabled>    true    </isReplayEnabled>
 <controlPresets>

Okay play one game and exit WOWs.  

You should have a REPLAY folder with one file in there which you just played.

Location in the World of warships NA folder as was the preferences file. The file has to be associated for it to run if you click on the replay otherwise another way is to "drop" the replay file onto the WORLD of warships. EXE program and then it will run.  But right click on the replay file and then OPEN WITH..the choices probably will not be the World of warships exe file. Choose browse and go to the world of warships NA folder and choose the .World of warships exe file to cement the association to it. Remember that you cannot run the replay if WOW is running.  

Members
3,471 posts
6,184 battles

See attachment for placement within the preferences file.

Preferences.PNG

Edited by CylonRed