You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RECON_RANGER

No UK DD for me. Does this hurt me in Royal Navy Event?

58 comments in this topic

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles

WG's "events" are always very confusing.  I have done all the missions so far that I could do without being "given" a UK DD by just being LUCKY.  I have opened all the containers I could have opened without a UK DD, but I have not gotten any missions for a UK DD.

How does this affect me in the Royal Navy event? 

Already, I am not getting LOOT and some crates because I wasn't able to complete at least 12 missions so far that require a UK DD that you can only get by sheer LUCK.  Does this mean I will be behind when the next patch is dropped and I will have to grind them from tier 1 for the event?  I think you eventually MUST have them to complete later missions to get LOOT.  I would like to get the Warspite and Cossack.  Is that true? 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,346 posts
9,503 battles

No you can complete all of the phases without owning a RN DD. Yes you are behind in a sense as far as the patch. You will need to start the line from the start, but that is not a bad thing.

Members
16,043 posts
14,423 battles

I did not own any RN DDs until a few days ago from the free crates awarding me Acasta and Icarus.  I say persevere and hope for getting drops.

Does it hurt not having any?  Kind of.  Some of the RN DD specific missions reward an extra event crate, and that's another dice roll.  Even then, some of those RN DD specific missions start having RN DD and Tier specific requirements.  I got the Tier V-VI ones, but there are some requiring Tier VII-VIII RN DDs, so even I get hosed unless I buy Cossack.  Which I absolutely refuse to do.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,781 posts
9,781 battles

:Smile_great:

Like what @HazeGrayUnderway, it does not really hurt you at all, at the end, free stuffs are free and so far WG had been generous given out for FREE ....... 1 more crate could make a different, in term of gambling.

But I don't buy Cossack, already had the Gallant and happy using her. The last crate that need t7-t8 brit dd, if I open the next week 12 crates and get them by sheer luck, sweet, if not, I am happy with Icarus + Gallant

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

There are UN DD missions, so you will miss out on those rewards but that's all. The Cossack kicks butt in Co op and Dynamo, if you want incentive to buy it.

shot-18_10.01_17_14.25-0321.thumb.jpg.06a049da46dc7412fe475f2497ec5c88.jpg

I got almost 48,000 Commander XP in that one.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[O_O]
Members
732 posts
6,208 battles

:Smile_hiding:

hmmm...that must suck...over the weekend i got 3 UK DDs in a row...first two got on the same day from in the boxes...3 dd got on Sunday.  

T5...6...& 7 dds (all with premium ship markings) :Smile_hiding:

[POP]
Members
173 posts
5,362 battles

I traded my sovereigns for crates.  It costs 60 but you get 25 back.

Got three ships that way, including Lightning.

Members
1,309 posts
501 battles

well I was having the same issues... opened 30 plus crates no ship... but I finally got the Acasta in a personal mission I think we ALL have.... it was not as exciting as I thought but its an OK ship... guess I have to wait for more... GOT THREE SCs this weekend and NO SHIP only flags.... flags I already have HUNDREDS OF!!!

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
1 hour ago, RECON_RANGER said:

WG's "events" are always very confusing.  I have done all the missions so far that I could do without being "given" a UK DD by just being LUCKY.  I have opened all the containers I could have opened without a UK DD, but I have not gotten any missions for a UK DD.

How does this affect me in the Royal Navy event? 

Already, I am not getting LOOT and some crates because I wasn't able to complete at least 12 missions so far that require a UK DD that you can only get by sheer LUCK.  Does this mean I will be behind when the next patch is dropped and I will have to grind them from tier 1 for the event?  I think you eventually MUST have them to complete later missions to get LOOT.  I would like to get the Warspite and Cossack.  Is that true? 

You can complete all the Directives without a UK DD. There are 6 Missions over the 4 Directives in each Stage (week). Four of them are for T5+ UK DDs, one each Directive, and give out Draconic flags. There is a T7+ UK DD Mission in Directive III & IV that gives an RN container and a premium RN container. After 7.10 drops on October 17th, the RN containers are going to be replaced with Halloween containers. The UK DDs should be released on patch 7.10 as well.

• Cool 1

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles
2 hours ago, Morpheous said:

opened lots of crates no British DD yet :(

Thanks, it's nice to know it is just not me.  WG should plan this so that if you open so many crates you automatically get at least a tier 4 or 5 UK DD.

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles
2 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

well I was having the same issues... opened 30 plus crates no ship... but I finally got the Acasta in a personal mission I think we ALL have.... it was not as exciting as I thought but its an OK ship... guess I have to wait for more... GOT THREE SCs this weekend and NO SHIP only flags.... flags I already have HUNDREDS OF!!!

What do you mean "we all have?"  Where?

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
17 minutes ago, RECON_RANGER said:

What do you mean "we all have?"  Where?

Acasta seems to be the most common UK Early Access Mission, but yes, not everyone has it. I have opened 30 free crates and only got the Acasta.

[WOLFB]
Members
449 posts
3,833 battles

Yeah, I have opened 25 Containers so far -- all the ones you can get for free without a British DD, plus a free container from bonus code -- and no British DD. Not even the Acasta.

At this point I'm trying to wish it into existence that the reason I have never gotten a ship of any sort in any Container I've opened is that I will eventually get a really awesome ship to reward my patience: a Kamikaze, a Belfast, a Gremyashchy or a Kutuzov. One of those. It's going to happen some day, I know it.

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles

Stupid design. 

The rich get richer. 

If you get LUCKY and get a UK DD, then you get access to a premium container for this weeks directive, but not me.  I only got 3 normal containers.

stupid, Stupid, STUPID, STUPID! design to this event.  

If you don't get LUCKY, then you get SCREWED.   

Thanks for SCREWING me WG with an event based on LUCK.

Edited by RECON_RANGER
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles
3 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Yeah, I have opened 25 Containers so far -- all the ones you can get for free without a British DD, plus a free container from bonus code -- and no British DD. Not even the Acasta.

At this point I'm trying to wish it into existence that the reason I have never gotten a ship of any sort in any Container I've opened is that I will eventually get a really awesome ship to reward my patience: a Kamikaze, a Belfast, a Gremyashchy or a Kutuzov. One of those. It's going to happen some day, I know it.

Where did you get the bonus code?

Members
540 posts
2,935 battles

dumbest thing about this event is only the tier 7 and 8 are viable to complete the special dd missions so there is no reason to play the tier 5 and 6 even if you get them.

Edited by ksix

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
5 minutes ago, RECON_RANGER said:

Maybe I will get one next week or when the next directives load up. 

The next Stage starts Wed, Oct 3rd at 7am EST (4am PST) and Directive I drops at the same time. Then Directive II on Thu, Directive III on Fri and Directive IV on Saturday. So you have roughly 30 hours to complete the current Directives.

2 minutes ago, RECON_RANGER said:

Stupid design. 

The rich get richer. 

If you get LUCKY and get a UK DD, then you get access to a premium container for this weeks directive, but not me.  I only got 3 normal containers.

stupid, Stupid, STUPID, STUPID! design to this event.  

If you don't get LUCKY you really get SCREWED.   

I bought the Cossack to get to the free RN containers. I can get almost all of the cash spent on it in doubloons for buying it again with Guineas.

3 minutes ago, RECON_RANGER said:

Where did you get the bonus code?

REDDIT40K 

It was still working as of a few hours ago.

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles

Thanks, it worked, but no UK DD, LOL.

Oh, I am completing all of the Directives I can in one or two nights so I am long done.  That is what is frustrating. 

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles

Better lucky in love I guess so I am good, no UK DD"s for me. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER

[SMP]
Beta Testers
245 posts
5,851 battles
7 minutes ago, ksix said:

dumbest thing about this event is only the tier 7 and 8 are viable to complete the special dd missions so there is no reason to play the tier 5 and 6 even if you get them.

Yes, I see that.  To get the prem cont u need a tier 7 so if you get the 5 or 6 you can't get the big one anyway, but at least you will have the tier 7 researched and ready to go when the patch drops.  I will have to start from tier 1 or whatever.

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
1 minute ago, RECON_RANGER said:

Better lucky in love I guess so I am good, no UK DD"s for me. 

Still got at least 24 more crates, plus what you get in HoF rewards, when those get posted. Gneisenau013 said that the problem was identified, fix being put in place and people who missed the rewards being tabulated. They are estimating end of the week for the Stage 1 HoF rewards. 

1 minute ago, RECON_RANGER said:

Yes, I see that.  To get the prem cont u need a tier 7 so if you get the 5 or 6 you can't get the big one anyway, but at least you will have the tier 7 researched and ready to go when the patch drops.  I will have to start from tier 1 or whatever.

T2 off the Weymouth. If you don't have the 650 or so XP on the Weymouth, you might want to run a game or two in it. Or use FXP to start the line.

This was what was in the Wiki before patch 7.9 dropped and the wiki was scoured of a lot of UK DD info. I figure the final XP numbers will be somewhere around this. This does not include B Hulls, Fire Control and/or torp modules to grind up from stock, so you will need more than this to jump from one tier to the other.

T2 Medea - 650 XP

T3 Valkyrie - 2,150XP

T4 Wakeful - 6,000 XP

T5 Acasta - 11,500 XP

T6 Icarus - 36,000 XP

T7 Jervis - 65,000 XP

T8 Lightning - 112,000 XP

T9 Jutland - 165,000 XP

T10 Daring - 240,000 XP

Members
547 posts
2,102 battles

Your only really missing out if you don't get a t7 or t8 UK dd. Otherwise the tasks can be completed w/o them.

[PVE]
Members
9,544 posts
7,451 battles
1 minute ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Your only really missing out if you don't get a t7 or t8 UK dd. Otherwise the tasks can be completed w/o them.

The Directives can be complete without any UK DD. The T5+ UK DDs get you draconic flags and the T7+ UK DDs get you one RN container and one premium RN container per stage over the 12 free RN containers, but you don't need these to complete the Directives and get your Guineas for Cossack.