Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
outwardpanicjoe

Hmm WV41 vs USS Maryland

what do you guys think?  

40 members have voted

  1. 1. you can select more then one.

    • WV41
      8
    • Maryland pear harbor
      23
    • both
      4
    • bacon?
      16
    • Give me tier 7 Mutsu 43 now that there is dates involved
      7

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

130
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
996 posts
4,089 battles

Hmm well I'm  sure most of you have already heard the new about the USS West Virginia name change to WV41 I honestly thought the easiest way was to change the name to the Maryland that way we can get another State into the mix. So it got me thinking what did the WV41 have that the Maryland doesn't ?? maybe it that they are planing for  the tech tree Colorado to have a new C hull that is the Maryland ?  I would have like to see the Maryland as the new name but maybe they have other plans for her maybe not. What do you guys think on why this route ? Im not sure we really need 2 Wee Vees. fell free to spitball some ideas down below on what you think some the reasons were. 

USS Maryland (BB-46) underway in 1935.jpgUss west virginia bb.jpg

Edited by outwardpanicjoe
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
[S-N-D]
Members
1,652 posts
5,592 battles

As a born and raised Marylander I approve and endorse :cap_cool:this suggestion. Maryland has a rich tradition with the Navy from Annapolis all the way back to Fort McHenry, the Revolutionary war and even piracy on the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. The National Anthem was written on the Chesapeake too.

http://dealislandmaryland.com/dames_quarter.php

My family is from here ^, the reason I know its history.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
996 posts
4,089 battles
4 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

As a born and raised Marylander I approve and endorse :cap_cool:of this suggestion. Maryland has a rich tradition with the Navy from Annapolis all the way back to Fort McHenry, the Revolutionary war and even piracy on the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. The National Anthem was written on the Chesapeake too.

http://dealislandmaryland.com/dames_quarter.php

Nice Im from WV myself cheers 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,065
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

Having both WV 41 and WV 44 would be stupid.  They should just change the name to Maryland.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,259 posts
3,852 battles

I hate to think they are going to stick to WV41 over this but I remember seeing in a datamine the West Virginia Flag is already in the client. I don't think they want to waste it. I hope I'm wrong though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
996 posts
4,089 battles
14 minutes ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

I hate to think they are going to stick to WV41 over this but I remember seeing in a datamine the West Virginia Flag is already in the client. I don't think they want to waste it. I hope I'm wrong though. 

wait what ? if they are going to do that then if anything the Texas needs its flag on there lol but thanks for the info i didn't know that !

Edited by outwardpanicjoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,065
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
14 minutes ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

I hate to think they are going to stick to WV41 over this but I remember seeing in a datamine the West Virginia Flag is already in the client. I don't think they want to waste it. I hope I'm wrong though. 

That is the worst possible reason they could choose to call the ship West Virgina 41.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
996 posts
4,089 battles

did both the WV and the Maryland have torpedo tubes at the time of pearl harbor ? or did they both lose them before that?

Edited by outwardpanicjoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,065
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

Torpedo tubes on battleships were long gone by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[-BMV-]
Members
202 posts
13,550 battles

Meh. The only reason i can think of WG renaming her WV'41 instead of Maryland is because they plan to either, give away or sell Maryland in the future. If not, there's simply no reason to name her WV'41.

Edited by Sidelock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,412
[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

Maryland was under refit during the early part of 1941, and had its bulge installed in the first half of the year while in dry dock at Puget Sound. The WV41 model does not match what the Maryland looked like in 1941.

Oj6ZvDV.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,259 posts
3,852 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

That is the worst possible reason they could choose to call the ship West Virgina 41.

would you put it past WG to do it though? I honestly can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[RLGN]
Members
420 posts
4,289 battles
15 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Maryland was under refit during the early part of 1941, and had its bulge installed in the first half of the year while in dry dock at Puget Sound. The WV41 model does not match what the Maryland looked like in 1941.

Oj6ZvDV.png

True, but it wouldn't have to be the Maryland's '41 configuration, just pre refit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
84
[BOOTY]
Beta Testers
377 posts
6,967 battles

Screw it! I'm embracing the WeeVee sisters. I really didn't want the WV 41 configuration but I just cant wait however many years its going to take for the 44 refit to come out. So I guess its WV 41 for me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[FML]
Members
1,750 posts
10,116 battles
4 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

Having both WV 41 and WV 44 would be stupid.  They should just change the name to Maryland.

Agreed!

Strange how such a straightforward solution is so elusive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
417
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,665 posts
3,815 battles
7 hours ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

Hmm well I'm  sure most of you have already heard the new about the USS West Virginia name change to WV41 I honestly thought the easiest way was to change the name to the Maryland that way we can get another State into the mix. So it got me thinking what did the WV41 have that the Maryland doesn't ?? maybe it that they are planing for  the tech tree Colorado to have a new C hull that is the Maryland ?  I would have like to see the Maryland as the new name but maybe they have other plans for her maybe not. What do you guys think on why this route ? Im not sure we really need 2 Wee Vees. fell free to spitball some ideas down below on what you think some the reasons were. 

USS Maryland (BB-46) underway in 1935.jpgUss west virginia bb.jpg

WV41 had a radar installed before Pearl Harbor and was the only Colorado class battleship to have it installed and this was modeled in on the image shown in the dev blog. West Virginia lacked a torpedo bulge of which the Maryland had before Pearl Harbor of which the model in the dev blog lacks that bulge.

So they are both physically different in a 3d modeling world hence why the name for West Virginia 41'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
996 posts
4,089 battles
22 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

WV41 had a radar installed before Pearl Harbor and was the only Colorado class battleship to have it installed and this was modeled in on the image shown in the dev blog. West Virginia lacked a torpedo bulge of which the Maryland had before Pearl Harbor of which the model in the dev blog lacks that bulge.

So they are both physically different in a 3d modeling world hence why the name for West Virginia 41'

hmm interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,334 posts
3,939 battles

I quite agree with changing the 1941 West Virginia to Maryland while keeping an upgraded West Virginia later on.

That being said, how would one differentiate the gameplay between the two ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
996 posts
4,089 battles
On 10/2/2018 at 1:40 AM, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

I quite agree with changing the 1941 West Virginia to Maryland while keeping an upgraded West Virginia later on.

That being said, how would one differentiate the gameplay between the two ships?

hmm good question im not sure but they would have different power levels considering the tiering difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×