You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JonnyFreedom

I question some design decisions.

Which of these ships do you consider over powered?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Choose any number of ships

• Worcester
    • Zao
    • Harugumo
    • Yamoto
    • I just like bacon.

10 comments in this topic

[FGNE]
Members
435 posts
728 battles

Wooster - Hold down fire button behind an island and win while the only thing that can hit them are other USN CAs.

Zao - 8k+ Torp that hit VERY hard. Guns that can instant fire almost every shot, disgustingly powerful AP.  Ridiculous citadel armor protection

Harugumo - Mini Wooster with Smoke.

Yamoto - 26km with pin point accuracy.  Over 90k hps to boot.

How do you look at these ships and say to yourself, "Yea, this is fine" ?

Edit:  If you have a ship you want to add to this list, post it and the reason you think it should be added.

Edited by JonnyFreedom

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles

You don't have a none of the above option. And the unmitigated heresy of no bacon option!

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
435 posts
728 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You don't have a none of the above option. And the unmitigated heresy of no bacon option!

Added the poll and realized I forgot bacon afterwards.  I am a bad person because of this.

Edit.  Bacon has been added, because, bacon.

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
2 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Added the poll and realized I forgot bacon afterwards.  I am a bad person because of this.

Edit.  Bacon has been added, because, bacon.

:Smile_honoring:

[CVA16]
Members
2,292 posts
9,862 battles

I notice no Stalingrad or Kronstadt on the list. Were you not including premiums?

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles

I've not had any problems with Woosters. Each one I've seen has died pretty quickly, or wasn't much use to the enemy team. She's rather like the Atlanta. 

Zao's pretty old news. She has a tiny health pool compared to other crusiers—Just a single citadel often means a third of her health gone. In addition, she has the second slowest reload out of all tier ten cruisers (Stalingrad comes first), along with a pretty nasty base range of just 16.2 km. You almost have to take the range mod in her, further increasing the reload gap between her and all the other cruisers.

Harugumo...she has a lot of strengths, but also a lot of weaknesses. Personally, I agree that she's a touch too strong (too much HE pen) but she's also pretty easy to catch flat-footed. Plus, all the IJN gunboats eat battleship AP pens like they're suffering from iron deficiencies. If you see one, shoot at it. They're big and clumsy targets, and provide some nice, easy xp.

Yamato is defined by her guns. They're her strength, because god knows that citadel of hers isn't. And lord help you if you have to take caps yourself....brawling in a Yamato....shudders

[SPTR]
Members
1,742 posts
848 battles
13 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

brawling in a Yamato....shudders

I've seen people try it. Doesn't end well, but that never stops potatoes from trying anything does it?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,400 posts
9,542 battles

I have no issues with any of them. Also Zao can equip 12k torps

[WOLFB]
Members
1,725 posts
8,254 battles

Worcester is broken because of her stealth radar and maybe DPM with IFHE but other than that the ship is fine.

Zao has the lowest HP among T10 ship. I think even Minotaure has more HP and super heal on top of that. The guns traverse slowly, the reload is fairly long for both gun and torps.

Harugumo isn't broken at all. It's waaaaaay overrated, you have so many gun at the cost of garbage handling, concealment and speed. On top of that the ship is a damage pinata for any player smart enough to turn his gun and shoot him.

Yamato is broken ? Really ? The T10 BB with the highest citadel among other T10 BB is broken ? If you find Yamato to be broken, you haven't see what Montana, Republique or even a non HE spam Conqueror can do.

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

How many of these ships have you experienced first hand??? Are you aware of their weaknesses?