Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

How many people actually care about the ongoing West Virginia debacle?

How many people actually care about the ongoing West Virginia debacle?  

266 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you care?

    • Yes, I care a lot
    • Yes, I care a little
    • No, I don't care much but am interested in the outcome
    • No, I don't care at all

113 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

797
[MIA-A]
Members
2,148 posts
6,836 battles

There seems a lot of forum :Smile-angry: and :Smile_popcorn:being shed over the West Virginia as a ship.

I'm curious what people who read here actually think.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
Members
978 posts
7,224 battles

I don't care about the WV at all but I am a little annoyed that WG is trying to pawn off another down tiered stock ship as a premium again.

  • Cool 12
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,069
[NDA]
Supertester
4,850 posts
13,872 battles

If its good for my whole sale Pitch-Fork and Torches business than I care. 

:cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
988
[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,236 posts
10,587 battles
9 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

I don't care about the WV at all but I am a little annoyed that WG is trying to pawn off another down tiered stock ship as a premium again.

Agreed.  I'm not impressed with WG's tactics on this subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
899
[ICE9]
Members
855 posts
2 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

I don't care about the WV at all but I am a little annoyed that WG is trying to pawn off another down tiered stock ship as a premium again.

Why? They have a perfect right to offer an old inner tube in pink pony camo as a T10 if they feel like it.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it or anything else.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,920
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,861 posts
13,078 battles

As long as they don't put wheels on it, things will be fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
Members
978 posts
7,224 battles
6 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Why? They have a perfect right to offer an old inner tube in pink pony camo as a T10 if they feel like it.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it or anything else.

Because it feels like low effort shovelware. They're removing free content claiming people don't like it only to turn around and try to sell almost the same thing a few months later.

Edited by Rouxi
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

At some point you hit the Mendoza Line and realize that they are all the same. Don't show broadside, shoot AP or HE when appropriate ….Especially at Mid tier.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[HSD]
Members
297 posts
9,563 battles
1 minute ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Why? They have a perfect right to offer an old inner tube in pink pony camo as a T10 if they feel like it.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it or anything else.

They do, but I don't think you have the right analogy here. Because the Pony camo isn't tied to a ship's name. By offering WV as a T6 they effectively remove any future WV iteration (based on current precedents, we don't see double ups as such).

A pink pony camo doesn't preclude a future pink pony camo in the future because that camo has no namesake attached to it. If they make WV a T6 stock Colo they effectively remove all future possibility of a post refit WV, that's what's getting people upset. It's the historical significance of the name.

If they had advertised the T6 Colorado as Maryland from the beginning I believe there would be much less of an outcry.

Pink Pony camos have no historical weighting or name attached to them, a T6 WV does.

Well that's my understanding.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles
4 minutes ago, Junostorm said:

Why do I always think of Bob Denver when I hear West Virginia? :Smile-_tongue:

Prob cause sang that Rocky mountain high song

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,827
[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
2 minutes ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

They do, but I don't think you have the right analogy here. Because the Pony camo isn't tied to a ship's name. By offering WV as a T6 they effectively remove any future WV iteration (based on current precedents, we don't see double ups as such).

A pink pony camo doesn't preclude a future pink pony camo in the future because that camo has no namesake attached to it. If they make WV a T6 stock Colo they effectively remove all future possibility of a post refit WV, that's what's getting people upset. It's the historical significance of the name.

If they had advertised the T6 Colorado as Maryland from the beginning I believe there would be much less of an outcry.

Pink Pony camos have no historical weighting or name attached to them, a T6 WV does.

Well that's my understanding.

OMG!  Don't say "Pink Pony camo"!!!  It'll just give the devs ideas!!!  :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
899
[ICE9]
Members
855 posts
1 minute ago, Rouxi said:

Because it feels like low effort shovelware. They're removing free content claiming people don't like it only to turn around and try to sell almost the same thing a few months later.

Again, so what?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,827
[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles
8 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

What's happening?

No, What's on second.

 

EDIT:  Oh for crying out loud!  A reference to the great Abbott and Costello skit gets a down vote??!!  Heresy!  Heresy, I say!!!

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,484
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,868 posts
7,192 battles

majority couldn't really care less, other than as entertainment. but a very vocal shouty minority can make it seem otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,445
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,966 posts
10,751 battles

Do I care? Yes. Is it the end of the world if they screw this up royally? No. It is just one of many bad decisions they have made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
899
[ICE9]
Members
855 posts
4 minutes ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

They do, but I don't think you have the right analogy here. Because the Pony camo isn't tied to a ship's name. By offering WV as a T6 they effectively remove any future WV iteration (based on current precedents, we don't see double ups as such).

A pink pony camo doesn't preclude a future pink pony camo in the future because that camo has no namesake attached to it. If they make WV a T6 stock Colo they effectively remove all future possibility of a post refit WV, that's what's getting people upset. It's the historical significance of the name.

If they had advertised the T6 Colorado as Maryland from the beginning I believe there would be much less of an outcry.

Pink Pony camos have no historical weighting or name attached to them, a T6 WV does.

Well that's my understanding.

You should read the dev blog more often.

Here:

"

Dear players.

After the announcement of the tier VI American battleship West Virginia, we noticed that many of you would like to see this ship in a later configuration. Thank you for your feedback. We would like to inform you that the battleship, which we plan to add to the game now, will be renamed and called West Virginia ’41, and in the future we plan to create a West Virginia from a later period.

We would also like to note that the creation of a new configuration of the ship is a long process, which is largely similar to the creation of a ship from scratch. To reliably recreate the state of the ship for a certain year, we need to collect a lot of materials and evidence, work on the model, and carry it through all stages of testing. Therefore, we can not promise that West Virginia of the late period will appear in the game in the near future and ask for your patience and understanding as we work to deliver a ship that fits your expectations according to your valued feedback."

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
Members
978 posts
7,224 battles
Just now, So_lt_Goes said:

Again, so what?

The ultimate counter argument for which there is no rebuttal possible. I concede defeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
797
[MIA-A]
Members
2,148 posts
6,836 battles
Just now, So_lt_Goes said:

You should read the dev blog more often.

Here:

"

Dear players.

After the announcement of the tier VI American battleship West Virginia, we noticed that many of you would like to see this ship in a later configuration. Thank you for your feedback. We would like to inform you that the battleship, which we plan to add to the game now, will be renamed and called West Virginia ’41, and in the future we plan to create a West Virginia from a later period.

We would also like to note that the creation of a new configuration of the ship is a long process, which is largely similar to the creation of a ship from scratch. To reliably recreate the state of the ship for a certain year, we need to collect a lot of materials and evidence, work on the model, and carry it through all stages of testing. Therefore, we can not promise that West Virginia of the late period will appear in the game in the near future and ask for your patience and understanding as we work to deliver a ship that fits your expectations according to your valued feedback."

Nooooo drama killing?

It's only Monday, you can't kill the drama now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[NUWES]
Members
1,677 posts
5,620 battles
24 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

I don't care about the WV at all but I am a little annoyed that WG is trying to pawn off another down tiered stock ship as a premium again.

I actually have no problem with that as long as it is decent on its tier. It's the choice of names that gets me and the fact that we already have Arizona on T6 and have no premium T7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,157
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,014 posts
7,530 battles
30 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

I don't care about the WV at all but I am a little annoyed that WG is trying to pawn off another down tiered stock ship as a premium again.

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×