Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dunnik

Why Was the Konig Albert Removed?

28 comments in this topic

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
10,456 battles

Yeah, I never played it frequently when I first got it, and only once or twice in the last year, but having essentially a tier 4 ship placed at tier 3 ( protected tier ) is going to cause head aches for new players.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

I bought it to be a 'fun' ship, but 1) there are no missions at T3. 2) If I want to grind/train captains, I'd use the Tirpitz. 3) I'm not a stat padder.. In fact, I can't remember my last Random game. I'd rather club bots.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,408 posts
9,548 battles

Nice game.  Much carry.

• Cool 1

Members
556 posts
2,102 battles

It is balanced by how often you get pulled up to tier 4 and have to fight double carriers with it's non existent AA.

• Cool 3

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,381 battles

I thought about getting it back when it was on sale for half price.  I didn't because I probably would never have played it, even though it was a great ship.  It's hard on the seal pups though.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,090 posts
14,482 battles

I never thought much of the ship.  I consider Broken Ships to uptier very well, like how in the old +/-2 unprotected MM, Imperator Nikolai I in Tier IV was crushing easily Tier VI Battleships.  KA cannot handle Tier IV BBs.  Also, DDs and CVs counter KA hard, with little effort.  The strength of KA is in her armor and secondaries.  Her guns are terribly inaccurate.  She needs people dumb enough to get close to her.  The DDs don't need to do that and the Tier IV CVs laugh at KA's "AA" if you can call it that.

I was actually surprised getting word that WG pulled her a long time ago.  She wasn't broken like Gremyaschy, Caesar, Belfast, etc. were.  She relies on player stupidity to let her do well.

• Cool 2

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles
26 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I thought about getting it back when it was on sale for half price.  I didn't because I probably would never have played it, even though it was a great ship.  It's hard on the seal pups though.

Me too, if I want to club low tiers I'll use a real mans ship, the clemson, or the kami.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,226 posts
10,507 battles

It was being used by seal clubbers and creating such whining, that WG caved and removed it.

Members
4,174 posts
32 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Imperator Nikolai I in Tier IV was crushing easily Tier VI Battleships.

Those were the days.  I fondly recall doing this, or taking on T6 DDs in it.  Once they made the MM changed I rarely take it out anymore (it needs a new captain, the last one I messed up on).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,090 posts
14,482 battles
5 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Those were the days.  I fondly recall doing this, or taking on T6 DDs in it.  Once they made the MM changed I rarely take it out anymore (it needs a new captain, the last one I messed up on).

I took a break from the game in November 2015 - April 2016.  When I returned I was playing Tier VI New Mexico.  I encountered Tier IV Imp.Niolai.

"LOL Tier IV BB against VI New Mexico?  This is easy!"

Then I noticed the SUPER ACCURATE Imp.Nik. guns.

Against angled BB threats, I could throw AP at base superstructure, but you can't do that really against Imp.Nik. because there's not much you can shoot at on the decks.

He wasn't played stupidly giving me broadsides to shoot at.  I couldn't maneuver to get good angles to shoot at it, I resorted to HE, but Imp.Nik. just kept firing at Big Fat NM with her Big Fat Wide Hull and Big Fat Tall, Massive Superstructures for Big AP Penetrations.

Tier VI BB like New Mexico against Wyoming, Myogi, any other Tier IV BB, that's an easy win.  But not against Imp.Nikolai.

Konig Albert doesn't do that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

I don't play her much as I rarely play low tiers since all daily missions require tier 5 and up. But when I do play her, I feel dirty inside. She's exceptionally strong at tier 3.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

Members
504 posts
62 battles
1 hour ago, Dunnik said:

Oh...I see.

shot-18.10.01_14.28.08-0554.jpg

Nothing you can‘t do in a Bellerophon or so. It’s T3 - Players are bad and it’s easy to pull off a “great” victory.

The absolute differences between T3 BBs are negligible. All this “KA is sooo OP” blabla that some ppl keep parroting from time to time only shows their lack of understanding.

(if you want a really stupidly OP ship try Kamikaze, Belfast or Gulio Cesare),

Edited by lron_Dog_of_Jutland

Members
107 posts
8,353 battles

Konig Albert is elegant and funny.

Stong vs tier III opponents  and very effective in tier IV MMs.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,966 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I took a break from the game in November 2015 - April 2016.  When I returned I was playing Tier VI New Mexico.  I encountered Tier IV Imp.Niolai.

"LOL Tier IV BB against VI New Mexico?  This is easy!"

Then I noticed the SUPER ACCURATE Imp.Nik. guns.

Against angled BB threats, I could throw AP at base superstructure, but you can't do that really against Imp.Nik. because there's not much you can shoot at on the decks.

He wasn't played stupidly giving me broadsides to shoot at.  I couldn't maneuver to get good angles to shoot at it, I resorted to HE, but Imp.Nik. just kept firing at Big Fat NM with her Big Fat Wide Hull and Big Fat Tall, Massive Superstructures for Big AP Penetrations.

Tier VI BB like New Mexico against Wyoming, Myogi, any other Tier IV BB, that's an easy win.  But not against Imp.Nikolai.

Konig Albert doesn't do that.

My record for ships killed was the Nikki. 7! It was me an a CA against four T4  CA's . CA ran like a little girl and I ended up facing the CA's alone. Already had 3 kills at that point. Blapped each 1 in turn. Heh Good times!

[SIDE]
Members
1,414 posts

Nikolai is better at tier than konig. Konig is soooo slow. It’s totally lethal at 8km or less and nearly immune to everything but torpedos. However, the match is already almost over by time you get that close.

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,233 battles

You mean the KA that was removed and then released again for sale? 

Members
24 posts
569 battles

I mean, you have 100k damage and a pair of kills ... Okay.  And that dreadnaught is cool, I get those in my Orion all the time.  Same for the high caliber.  Those stats aren't particularly OP, it's just a good game.  Color me unimpressed.

I've seen Konig Alberts get wiped out in the first 10 minutes of battles.  As with most ships, it's not the ship, it's the driver.

Members
210 posts
2,630 battles

Nikolai: "The Nikolai is the most overpowered BB in this T3-4 match."

K. Albert: "Hold my beer."

shot-18.10.01_17.50.05-0346.jpg

Members
79 posts
20 battles

The stated reason was that it's proving too strong in the hands of experienced players. I must say I felt a little guilty. :cap_cool:

Spoiler

WYadjdI.jpg

P047S4Y.jpg

As noted above, it actually doesn't uptier that well. It's not so much the planes -- it's fairly good at dodging torps. It's more stuff like the Orion which you're pretty much inept against.

Edit: it's really just always a problem when you have a low-tier premium where it's attractive to bring that 19-point Jesus and have some fun. We put in our Bismarck/Currywurst guys and went to town. I cringe to imagine people putting their Worcester captain in that upcoming "Premium St. Louis" Charleston. You can't balance against d***heads like us -- without nerfing the ship to ground.

Edited by jss78

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,359 battles

I haven't figured out an optimal build for the ship, but I still love my Konig Albert to death.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,090 posts
14,482 battles
33 minutes ago, Dunnik said:

Nikolai: "The Nikolai is the most overpowered BB in this T3-4 match."

K. Albert: "Hold my beer."

shot-18.10.01_17.50.05-0346.jpg

One match doesn't change that Nikolai is the better OP ship in that Tier Bracket.

2 minutes ago, _Marines said:

I haven't figured out an optimal build for the ship, but I still love my Konig Albert to death.

The one thing I like about Konig Albert is she looks nice.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
1,327 posts
3,591 battles

I find it funny that It was for sale a little while back and yet few people noticed, but I did and scooped her up.

Members
556 posts
2,102 battles
4 hours ago, _Marines said:

Use a secondary build it suits German BBs perfectly.

Sign in to follow this