You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Thank You Wargaming

15 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,289 posts
7,816 battles

Please note that this is in no way sarcastic. I am honestly thankful that Wargaming has confirmed that the current WV does not mean we won't see her in her late-war configuration. I'm personally looking forward to seeing her as she was at Leyte and hope Wargaming commits to getting her out nice and fast. Just as a matter of preference, I look forward to her being at tier VIII because her limited HP and speed will mean they'll be free to go crazy with her other stats. Namely a (relatively) quick reload, 2.0 sigma, and Massachusetts-grade secondaries. Maybe even a Brit-type heal. At least, that's what I'll keep my fingers crossed for. And not just because that description has me drooling.

Beta Testers
241 posts
6,145 battles

I truly hope the decide on tier 8 version, I can live with it being slow if the range of gun and accuracy keeps it in battle.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I would rather have a bad version of west Virginia that have 2 of them. 

Just sayin

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,740 battles
18 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

and hope Wargaming commits to getting her out nice and fast.

They have to plan her in the schedule, research her, model her, several patch cycles worth of testing ... It'll likely be a year at least, if not more.

But, other than that, I fully agree and appreciate that they're renaming T6 WV, WV'41 and announced they're going to work on #WV44.

[-THOR]
Members
589 posts
3,242 battles

I like it how Wargaming does listen to it's playerbase a lot more than that "other game" which has a controversy going around rn

[NGA]
Members
1,289 posts
7,816 battles
5 minutes ago, TitanicMan2 said:

I like it how Wargaming does listen to it's playerbase a lot more than that "other game" which has a controversy going around rn

It's sad that a gaming company is more receptive  to what the fans want then the people working on a certain multi-billion dollar film series.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

OK.. How many ships at T8 have a max speed of 21 knots?? Putting the WV up there will create a whole new meta of S-L-O-W. on a T10 map... Think about how long it'll take to cap on the Islands of Ice map... Like 15 minutes just to get there. In fact, I'll check that on a training room with the New Mexico when I get home.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

On the other hand, I'm thankful for the Incredible good luck I've had with the RN DDs. Actually, I mean that. Thanks !!

[NGA]
Members
1,289 posts
7,816 battles
5 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

OK.. How many ships at T8 have a max speed of 21 knots?? Putting the WV up there will create a whole new meta of S-L-O-W. on a T10 map... Think about how long it'll take to cap on the Islands of Ice map... Like 15 minutes just to get there. In fact, I'll check that on a training room with the New Mexico when I get home.

While you raise a point, I'll counter by asking how much of a battle usually devolved into something of a camp fest as each side tries to grind the other down. While a tier VIII WV would take its time getting to the fight, once there it would have a significant impact.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,101 posts
12,657 battles

I still don't like the idea of a dedicated sniper battleship fortress at T8. I'd almost rather see them do a mild tweak to Colorado accuracy and add a mid-tier surveillance radar in recognition of the equipment's role in the historic engagement. THERE. I SAID IT.

Spoiler

In reality, sticking a 9km radar on a 21kt battleship won't do much. If you get radared by a Colorado... you probably should have seen it coming.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

While you raise a point, I'll counter by asking how much of a battle usually devolved into something of a camp fest as each side tries to grind the other down. While a tier VIII WV would take its time getting to the fight, once there it would have a significant impact.

I just bought the Colorado back...   Did a couple Co-Ops with a 7 point spare captain.

Didn't face any tough CV opponents -- just a Ryujo..  

Got into a T8 battle and found myself alone on my side of the map against Tirpitz, Bismarck, and Alabama coming around an island.  My team-mates in front of me derped and died.

Tried to use the island to engage one ship at a time.  Two citadels on the broadside Alabama (right under the 1st turret) and a little help from across the map and it's gone.

Bismarck and Tirpitz erase my team-mate.  My spotter is up.

They start coming around the island on opposite sides....

---- Ever have one of those dreams where a train is coming and your legs won't move.......   Yup.  That's what it feels like.

I nose into one and fire at the other...  somehow...  I survive..  barely.  Either the Tirpitz torps were knocked out by a team-mate or the bots felt sorry for me.  I dunno.  It had me.  They had me down to 3 digit health then gave up to shoot other team members coming to my rescue.

96K damage and 2 kills.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

After running through a few Tier 8 and 9 battles on the Colorado -- I thought of something that would make a Tier 8 WV more -- useful

Give it a single-charge speed boost to 27 knots for 120 seconds.

That will at least get it into position on the larger maps to get started.  Spawn locations really suck on the big maps - especially when there is a CV