You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackG79

Coal, Where are you at? What are you saving for?!?!

66 comments in this topic

Members
91 posts
1,743 battles

I just checked my coal today, after getting the first "Easy" Crate for the day.  That 2K crate is always the easy one.   After getting a sack of 400 coal, I checked the Arsenal, and found that I broke 100K in Coal this morning.  I usually get the first two crates for the day, and then whatever I get during the day in rewards. WHich usually isn't a whole lot 200-600 /day. 

Using the 25% coupon, I see that I can get the Musashi in about 2 weeks.   But now im wondering if I should just keep going to go for the tier 10 Salem  I hear she is a great ship.  But have never actually played it myself. 

Where is everyone else at with Coal, and are you saving for one of these two big rewards?  please LMK. I'd be interested to find out what the census is. 

[SUCIT]
Members
31 posts
16,475 battles

A few of my clan mates have gotten the Salem and they love it. In low dd games its a monster as its main weakness (Atlanta radar in a t10 game) is mitigated. The heal (same as the Minotaur) makes it hard to put down for good and it's essentially a premium dm.  I would honestly hold on to your coal if you aren't interested in the Salem or already have the dm though. The Jean Bart could potentially be for coal and it looks like a really fun ship.

Edited by eagle_lance

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles

I'm just over 85k right now, and don't have a goal for saving it yet.  I don't think either Musashi or Salem are worth trading for when Yamato and Des Moines are perfectly acceptable (or better) in their place.

Waiting to see what currency the new ships like Jean Bart, Bourgogne, and Alaska are going to be sold for.  Otherwise, I'll just keep stockpiling it.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
622 posts

140k coal, 750k FXP - Waiting on what they are going to do with Alaska.  

Salem does not intrest me as I have Des Moines. 

If Alaska is going to be only FXP, then Musashi it is.  If Alaska is offered for coal then use the 750k FXP down one of the lines (most likely for Yammy).

Members
545 posts
2,962 battles

About 195k. Im waiting to get close to the coupon expiration (December) to see what else they add then i'll get whatever looks most enticing.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

I have 75K. No idea what I'm going to do with it, though. I'm tempted to grab the German commander, but 35K seems a bit steep.

I'll likely keep hoarding and see if any other ships find their way into the Arsenal. None of the current coal ships do anything for me. As I understand it, we'll get new coupons every six months. I'm willing to wait and see if the ships change, too.

[S0L0]
Members
879 posts
4,914 battles

After having bought a bunch of French crates to get the commander, and my regular purchases of special upgrades, I've got the sum total of 980 coal...

None of the ships really interest me, and I've got most of the other special commanders, but I have a whole slew of ships that can benefit from extended hydro or engine boost times.

IF they announce Alaska as coal, I might try to save some up for her, otherwise I'll continue buying the little things.

Matt

Members
220 posts
7,619 battles

130 ish right now brohans. I don't know what I'll get because my interests are mostly DDs and open water kiter cruisers like HIV and Hindy. WG doesn't like those boats so there isn't a coal equivalent which is a real bummer, man. Maybe some of you brohans can give me advice on a coalbote.

[R-F1]
Members
397 posts
14,452 battles
10 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

...it's essentially a premium dm.

It's not. It just comes with a premium camo, which is the same as the DM's.

[SUCIT]
Members
31 posts
16,475 battles
Just now, yacskn said:

Pretty sure you can put US captains on it without retraining them and it has a perma camo...so Premium dm?

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles
4 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Service cost is reduced by 50% BEFORE applying the camo reduction.  Makes it profitable even in Co-op.  Plus, I can grind my other USN Commanders in it.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
91 posts
1,743 battles

i was going to grab the Moose, but then everyone was talking about how good the Salem is.  So I figured maybe i'd wait and get that.  But ill be honest, im not interested in buying gold to covert 750K free Exp down the road to get the moose later on, when I can just get it now, and then grab a DesMoines out of the Tech Tree when I get to Tier 10 in the future. 

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles

I have about 154k coal, no real savings goal, maybe next year something will pop up that strikes my interest. Perhaps a coal only DD would be nice. 

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles

I was going to get Musashi, but held on for the Salem.  Had enough Free XP for Musashi, but picked up Moskva instead.  Now building coal and Free CP back up for Alaska.

Members
93 posts
855 battles

Waiting for that t9 DD the Friesland class that Lert made a post about.

It's time for some high tier coal/free xp DDs

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I have enough for musashi, but I also have enough free xp for her. Waiting to see what happens with Jean Bart and/or bourgogne

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles

Saving up enough for Salem but will not likely buy it. Will see if any new coal ships come along.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
Just now, iOSDeveloper said:

Waiting for that t9 DD the Friesland class that Lert made a post about.

It's time for some high tier coal/free xp DDs

Not sure what post specifically, but many of lerts ships are just suggestions for a non-existant Dutch faction of ships

• Bad 1

Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles

About 50K coal, just plugging along. Planning to get Musashi with the coupon, but might grab a Russian captain as well/instead.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

Bought Musashi with coal 2 weeks ago and back up to 13k since then. 600k Free XP saved right now.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,234 posts
12,772 battles

OjeTfxY.jpg

I have no interest in Salem and already have all the other Coal ships, so I'm likely just going to sit on an ever growing stack until they rotate what ships are available for Coal and one piques my interest.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,234 posts
12,772 battles
24 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Not sure what post specifically, but many of lerts ships are just suggestions for a non-existant Dutch faction of ships

Yes, because WG has never before introduced a premium for a nation that wasn't in the game and they totally haven't announced a pan European nationality for the specific purpose of housing premium ships from minor European nations either.

As for the specific proposal @iOSDeveloper mentioned: Friesland.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1