You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

The British Burn, UK DD nerf

75 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
3,587 battles

I'm trying to wrap my head around why WG would nerf the concealment on the slowest DD line in the game and I'm kind of salty about it. I dropped a lot of money to get the lightning in an effort to grind this line fast and now I'm not sure I want to!

How can the Haragumo be left in the state its currently in and they take it on themselves to nerf this dd? 

God help you if you have a team of Darings and Yueyangs as your DDs vs a haragumo because the Japanese monster will just stream roll through.....The YY can't defend against the Hara and even though it outspots it and can radar it, a  hara just needs to push up a bit to delete it. The YY can't torp the Hara and doesn't have the speed to get away, and it can't fight the Hara, so the Hara basically owns the YY... Now the Hara owns the Darling. 

Now you nerf the concealment on a second rate gunboat, the daring can't outgun the hara, and now it can barely outspot it but it certainly can't get away from the Hara. 

Rip UK DDs.

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 7

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles
2 minutes ago, iOSDeveloper said:

Oh no, now the all Brit DDs are useless, oh no the sky is falling.

weh weh weh.

Consider stepping away from your keyboard for a while to reflect on this post. 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
93 posts
855 battles
1 minute ago, NeoRussia said:

Consider stepping away from your keyboard for a while to reflect on this post. 

nope, i will not and can not take such whiners as the OP serious.

it's cause and effect, simple as that.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 13

Members
1,380 posts
1,584 battles

It's gotten to the point - which was, I am sure, WG's intention all along - that I will only really get invested in premium boats. It's too hard to watch a ship line you put time/effort/real money into just crumble before your eyes, on the whim of some shadowy development type who would never deign to explain themselves.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
255 posts
3,194 battles

I think they should nerf the DPM. Allow it to keep the original concealment.

Edited by Stand_Alone97
  • Cool 1

Members
855 posts
3,587 battles
6 minutes ago, iOSDeveloper said:

nope, i will not and can not take such whiners as the OP serious.

it's cause and effect, simple as that.

Spoken like a true re-roll account. Hide your old WR much? 

• Bad 2

Members
964 posts
7,172 battles

Daring has a heal, harugumo does not. I think you're overreacting. Personally I wish they had dropped the heal and slightly nerfed the rof while keeping the concealment but I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with this change.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,567 posts
3,751 battles
25 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I dropped a lot of money to get the lightning in an effort to grind this line fast and now I'm not sure I want to!

Hey man, I don't see a point attacking about the rest of your points, its your opinion after all. But the top tiers were still WiP and as usual subject to change. The decision and responsibility to spend alot of money in the hopes that the top tiers won't change is yours in that case.

• Cool 4

[SUCIT]
Members
31 posts
16,452 battles

The daring would be fine if the haragumo wasn't so overpowered. The haragumo could definitely use a concealment nerf. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
93 posts
855 battles
15 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Spoken like a true re-roll account. Hide your old WR much? 

lol, there is the first "I have no counter argument so I check someones stats and call this guy a reroll" type of person.

As a matter of fact my main has better stats, i don't have multiple accounts for rerolling.

Only insecure folks need to accuse others for reroll and such.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 6

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles

@Slumlord_Cheeto, I encourage you to read the Dev Blog carefully.

It's a nerf of between 250m and 400m before captain, camo and concealment module perks are applied

And you actually dropped a whole lot of money in order to SKIP the grind, not to accomplish it. Were you going to free-XP your way through the rest of the Lightning? The problem with that is the potential to arrive at Tier IX without sufficient experience or a true sense of how they ought to be played. For any other line, this would not be a problem. But the lack of speed boost, making them in effect mini RN CL's, makes them very different beasts.

This is the reason I've sat on my Tier V and Tier VI unlocks, hardly even taking them out into co-op. I want to play the whole line out from Tier II.

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

I, for one, am happy to see a new line a ships take a relative nerf.

The power creep needs to stop at some point.

• Cool 2

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,081 battles
5 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

The daring would be fine if the haragumo wasn't so overpowered. The haragumo could definitely use a concealment nerf. 

Exactly. The daring is fine. 6.0 concealment is appropriate considering Darings great bag of tricks and amazing dpm. It's gonna waste anyone other than a harugumo. I think haru should have more like 6.5 or 6.6 concealment. Hell, they gave khab concealment to the moon and it doesn't have anywhere near the dpm or he pen of haru, or shima torps. 

But still... Daring needed something nerfed. It was just crazy strong. All those poor gearings and shimas would have been meat.

At least with Harugumo, everyone has stopped clamoring to nerf khab for the tenth time. that's one good thing. lol

Edited by mrieder79
  • Cool 5

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,807 posts
10,315 battles

Stage 1 - an apparently fairly balanced Daring with good stealth, no repair, needing IFHE so a bit irksome but otherwise ok, small tweak needed

Stage 2 - mega-buff the Daring with repair party and better AP autobounce angles

Stage 3 - nerf the Daring with a big concealment battering and 1/3 off the repair party

Why did we do stages 2 and 3 again?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
855 posts
3,587 battles
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

Stage 1 - an apparently fairly balanced Daring with good stealth, no repair, needing IFHE so a bit irksome but otherwise ok, small tweak needed

Stage 2 - mega-buff the Daring with repair party and better AP autobounce angles

Stage 3 - nerf the Daring with a big concealment battering and 1/3 off the repair party

This, so much this!

I really like the concealment with the movement of these ships along with the quick smokes, It really allowed you to control the map in a way other DDs didn't. They were such great spotting dds that could spot and defend when pressed, the concealment nerf changes its gameplay for me. 

Members
964 posts
7,172 battles
4 minutes ago, mofton said:

I agree the heal was a bad idea but I liked the ap changes as it gave us an alternative to the he spamming monsters we've been getting lately.

[SUCIT]
Members
31 posts
16,452 battles

The daring will perform really well in skilled hands. It will work alright as an he spammer, but a timely tap of the 2 button will swing many dd fights. The daring will only have to worry about the Z-52 (with its hydro and smoke combo) and the Haragumo(goes without saying).

Edited by eagle_lance

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,733 battles

The choice to spent 'a lot of money' to get closer to a ship that's still a WIP is - .... well, your own choice and your own fault.

• Cool 8

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles
6 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

They were such great spotting dds that could spot and defend when pressed

Unless you were a supertester or WG-CC, you haven't even played the ship yet. What makes you think you can speak authoritatively about them in the past tense?

[WOLF9]
Members
1,104 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

The choice to spent 'a lot of money' to get closer to a ship that's still a WIP is - .... well, your own choice and your own fault.

The vile feline vermin is correct.

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Slumlord_Cheeto, I encourage you to read the Dev Blog carefully.

It's a nerf of between 250m and 400m before captain, camo and concealment module perks are applied

And you actually dropped a whole lot of money in order to SKIP the grind, not to accomplish it. Were you going to free-XP your way through the rest of the Lightning? The problem with that is the potential to arrive at Tier IX without sufficient experience or a true sense of how they ought to be played. For any other line, this would not be a problem. But the lack of speed boost, making them in effect mini RN CL's, makes them very different beasts.

This is the reason I've sat on my Tier V and Tier VI unlocks, hardly even taking them out into co-op. I want to play the whole line out from Tier II.

If you had played Gallant and Vampire, playing the unlocks would not be necessary. The PA line also gave us a good look an British-built DDs at low and mid tiers, other than the torpedoes, which have been nerfed for range on the RN tech tree DDs.

I have played the three I have along with Gallant, and will shortly have enough ship XP on Jervis to get Lightning when the line drops, all without touching my free XP pool (if I don't get her mission in a container drop in the next two weeks). Just like any other line, you gotta learn how by playing.....grind it out! To quote Johnny Cash ''It's cheaper that way''