You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Disappointing Weekend...but...

6 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,862 posts
13,078 battles

Win wise, this weekend was the pits.  Something like a 30% WR.  Lots of stupid play.   But, all said...some interesting loses.  One loss....240K damage in my GK (using all AP!!!).  Albeit some fires were set by my secondaries.  Another loss....dueling two CAs in my cap with my QE...taking down both.  Dropping a salvo on a Kongo at max range and finishing him off...three kill in less than a minute.  Then dueling (dodging torps from) two unseen DDs trying to move in on our cap.  Would have been a win if our CV could have handled a third DD.  Lining up a perfect point blank (no escape) DS torp run on a Musashi in my Neptune....only to get DS deleted by a Stalingrad literally one second before the launch.

Lots of losses.  Exciting play.  Close games.  Oh well.    

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

This was weekend wasn't great but it was an improvement on the last couple of months. Yeah, my WR has been tanking for the last two months so hopefully I am finally coming out of the wilderness.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
260 posts
3,209 battles

Saw you in your Musashi, unfortantly for you our team had a div of Kraken to carry us...

[_AFW_]
Members
987 posts
7,021 battles

The amount of 40-44% win average potatoes in 8-10 tiers is getting larger by the day. I am seeing some of worst play in those tiers i have ever seen. Players using the mod the lets turn of chat and captain quick commands and that just makes them worse. Less good players are playing tiers 8-10 for a few reasons. Burn out, grinding other tiers and just plain driven away by the hordes of potatoes. 

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,862 posts
13,078 battles
4 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Saw you in your Musashi, unfortantly for you our team had a div of Kraken to carry us...

Yeah....I combed the flanking  -K- DD's spread like a pro (I knew he was there and might take the shot)...but that just set me up for that other DD sending a spread at right angles to my comb.  Didn't delete me, but made me the crippled everyone focused.  I almost got away to heal and reset.   Oh well, we were up when I went down. Stayed and watched a bit.  I knew we were toast when our Yammy rolled into a Mino's torps that he had to know were coming at the same time going broadside to a -K- BB in a flank static position. From about 75% health to dead in about 30 seconds.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[NG-NL]
Members
5,038 posts
8,298 battles
5 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

The amount of 40-44% win average potatoes in 8-10 tiers is getting larger by the day. I am seeing some of worst play in those tiers i have ever seen. Players using the mod the lets turn of chat and captain quick commands and that just makes them worse. Less good players are playing tiers 8-10 for a few reasons. Burn out, grinding other tiers and just plain driven away by the hordes of potatoes. 

Lots of those have terrible survival rates and/or poor avg damage too, from using a WOWS MM monitor. To a degree, I can almost predict if said player will do well, meh, or poorly just from those stats. It is disheartening to see the stupidity, but oh well, WG opened that Pandora's Box.

Makes me kind of wish advancing to next tier required good stats, but then there'd have been complaints long ago about "this game expects too much of me."