Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
paradat

Chieftain Reacts to Subs

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
9,585 battles

Love it! LOL

• Cool 6
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
108 posts
2,798 battles

Kudos to anyone who can publicly eat crow :)

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
5,165 posts
2,445 battles
40 minutes ago, TheArc said:

That looked less like crow in his hand and more like a sandwich. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,675 posts
25,840 battles

It is not his fault, as he was told to do it.

To be honest. This reeks. WG has no word and this is worrisome for the future. If I wanted subs, I'd go to a sub game.

What we have been shown is a toy, a gimmick, and lousy at that. You can look the word dishonesty in the dictionary WG. Seems you need to.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles
46 minutes ago, TheArc said:

He's eating a sub...  :etc_red_button:

• Funny 6

[_AFW_]
Members
987 posts
7,021 battles

Played the subs on test and they are not easy to play. I have the feeling most players will suck badly in them. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
9,585 battles

In fairness to Chieftain he was making that video in the context of the launch. He had no idea that WG would indeed someday figure out a way to make them work in the game, and that they would have the tech improvements needed to model the sub surface of all the maps (which they did not really need to do but totally awesome that they are)

• Cool 1

Members
554 posts
2,984 battles

Eh, he should of knew better being a vet of WoT. They've thrown everything except for the kitchen sink into that game. World of Botes will follow suit.

[ONAVY]
Members
789 posts
6,333 battles
43 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

To be honest. This reeks. WG has no word and this is worrisome for the future. If I wanted subs, I'd go to a sub game.

What we have been shown is a toy, a gimmick, and lousy at that. You can look the word dishonesty in the dictionary WG. Seems you need to.

No Sniveling

[SYN]
Members
4,550 posts
11,437 battles

I'm more disappointed that he apparently was just in San Francisco and I missed my chance to meet him.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
9,585 battles
2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

I'm more disappointed that he apparently was just in San Francisco and I missed my chance to meet him.

Dang too bad

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
6 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

He might live there. Until quite recently the WG offices were there. 

Members
3,492 posts
6,195 battles
8 hours ago, alexf24 said:

I am not sure how you think this is 'dishonest'...  They don't have to say anything more about the future than they already have and most people and CCs I have watched all say the same thing - likely to not make it into the game at least in their current form.  I think you are blowing this juuuuust a tad out of proportion.

[EQRN]
Members
348 posts
8,991 battles

Subs are a great untapped resource for naval warfare.  Great history for many nations, easy to fill out tech trees for several.  If implemented correctly, and one could argue nothing in the game now is implemented correctly ;), this could be a terrific boon for the game.  I’m going to try to be glass-half-full with regards to subs until I see something to convince me otherwise.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,240 posts
14,670 battles

USS Pampanito is in my hometown area, San Francisco Bay Area :Smile_popcorn:  That region used to have a yoooge military presence until the end of the Cold War and all the base closures of the 1990s.  Presidio Army base, Naval Air Stations Moffet Field & Alameda, as well as many USN ships calling the region their home port.  Some Marines in Alameda as well as Marine Security Forces in Vallejo's Mare Island Naval Shipyard.  The Air Force is further inland with Travis AFB.   Of all the services, the Navy had the largest presence.  Most of this stuff is closed now, though.

Despite all the base closures long ago, the Navy still does Fleet Week in San Francisco, including the Blue Angels doing their flight demos.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,315 battles

All of the reasons he brought up originally still apply; you have this extremely stealthy thing with limited torp output (which will need extremely high alpha or DOT chance to compensate) that crumples like wet cardboard under any direct fire.

I enjoy his choice of sub sandwich for this video, though.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,553 posts
4,194 battles

No reason for why we’re getting subs, no counterpoints to the previously strong arguments against their inclusion, just a goofy clip. At least WG is being honest about the stupidity of this latest development. 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[OPG]
Members
3,983 posts
5,722 battles

Well to be fair, it's still not confirmed subs are actually coign to PvP.  Their inclusion is entirely dependent on how well they're received in the operations, and while at this point it certainly looks like there's a good chance they're coming.....who really knows.  

Edited by yashma

[-TNG-]
[-TNG-]
Beta Testers
144 posts
5,623 battles
On 10/1/2018 at 9:31 PM, yashma said:

Well to be fair, it's still not confirmed subs are actually coign to PvP.  Their inclusion is entirely dependent on how well they're received in the operations, and while at this point it certainly looks like there's a good chance they're coming.....who really knows.  

Actually.. no they have stated they have every plan to add them into the game as a fifth class, seems you dont keep up to date with interviews, dev blogs, and the like

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/world-of-warships-will-get-submarines-in-2019/

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/why-wargaming-is-disrupting-world-of-warships-with-submarines-and-revamped-aircraft-carriers/

[S-N-D]
Members
1,652 posts
5,592 battles
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:31 PM, yashma said:

130.gif

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OPG]
Members
3,983 posts
5,722 battles
8 hours ago, TheDgamesD said:

Actually.. no they have stated they have every plan to add them into the game as a fifth class, seems you dont keep up to date with interviews, dev blogs, and the like

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/world-of-warships-will-get-submarines-in-2019/

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/why-wargaming-is-disrupting-world-of-warships-with-submarines-and-revamped-aircraft-carriers/

I do keep up with the game news.  Go to minute 3:26 of that video you linked. 

"If they are successful in this halloween operation then it will be a proof for us that they will bring a great new experience to our regular game modes....if not, well it's not obligatory and they will just stay a fun event, we'll see. 

As of right now subs are only confirmed for the Halloween event, and whether or not that they ever make it into Randoms is conditional on how successful they are in this event.  Yes, WG clearly wants to put subs in the game, but if there is a lot of community backlash they're not going to force it, they've said this themselves.

Edited by yashma
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this