Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
2Zons

Ship sales vs. clan discount

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

26
[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,983 battles

In the ship tree I see the regular price and a discounted price.  It doesn't show me what discounts are applied.  If there is a ship sale how can I tell?  The reason I am asking is, if there is a sale going on I don't sell any ships.  I try and wait for the sale to be over.  But I also get a discount from my clan.  Are there any ship sales on the ship tree right now?  How am I able to check?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

Pretty sure you can tell by the discount. IIRC, the on sale always trumps the clan discount so if you see a clan discount % then there is no sale currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,151
[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
37 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

In the ship tree I see the regular price and a discounted price.  It doesn't show me what discounts are applied.  If there is a ship sale how can I tell?  The reason I am asking is, if there is a sale going on I don't sell any ships.  I try and wait for the sale to be over.  But I also get a discount from my clan.  Are there any ship sales on the ship tree right now?  How am I able to check?

 

10 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Pretty sure you can tell by the discount. IIRC, the on sale always trumps the clan discount so if you see a clan discount % then there is no sale currently.

Whichever sale is bigger predominates. So if your clan has a -15% ship silver cost discount and there is a -20% ship silver cost discount, the -20% predominates. If you sell the ship during the -20% sale, then it is applied to selling it too. If you wait for the -20% sale to be over, then your clan's -15% discount will be applied to the sale.

 

If your clan is amenable, you could drop the clan. Sell your saved up ships and then join the clan again in 3 days. I would definitely check with the clan first, because they may not be amenable. Our clan has enough people waiting to get in, that it wouldn't really be fair for us to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
47 posts
2,983 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Whichever sale is bigger predominates. So if your clan has a -15% ship silver cost discount and there is a -20% ship silver cost discount, the -20% predominates. If you sell the ship during the -20% sale, then it is applied to selling it too. If you wait for the -20% sale to be over, then your clan's -15% discount will be applied to the sale.

If your clan is amenable, you could drop the clan. Sell your saved up ships and then join the clan again in 3 days. I would definitely check with the clan first, because they may not be amenable. Our clan has enough people waiting to get in, that it wouldn't really be fair for us to do that.

I can always count on you @Kizarvexis for a quick reply.  I'm not going to leave the clan just to get some extra silver for these ships.  I was only keeping them because I thought there was a ship sale on.  I guess I just figured out that I have a discount from my clan.  I've only recently started playing again and there was no clans last time I played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
492
[LOU1]
Members
3,018 posts
8,124 battles

Also, next to the discount in the ship info panel will either be days/hours or the word “Permanent.”  The clan discount is Permanent.  Not sure if the sale duration is displayed when it is being applied due to being larger than the clan discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,151
[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
2 hours ago, 2Zons said:

I can always count on you @Kizarvexis for a quick reply.  I'm not going to leave the clan just to get some extra silver for these ships.  I was only keeping them because I thought there was a ship sale on.  I guess I just figured out that I have a discount from my clan.  I've only recently started playing again and there was no clans last time I played.

You are welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×