Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CloudySix

PSA: The salt has got to stop in randoms

204 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

21
[TNG-D]
Members
54 posts
8,965 battles

Matches in randoms have become almost vile.  Same story every game - people start drying, big ol crocodile tears start coming out.  I feel sorry for whoever is getting told off by some newbies who are already dead.  It has almost become an incentive to win, just so I could avoid all these people complaining and using the last players alive as scapegoats.  Ever notice that?  Whenever someone starts complaining, they immediately start bashing the last players who are alive?  Stuff like this speak volumes to the personal character of these individuals - pointing the finger at others when they themselves suck.  I get that in ranked, tempers are high and you NEED to win because it's expensive re-equipping tier X ships with premium upgrades/flags.  It's okay to be angry in ranked because it's COMPETITIVE.  What I don't understand is the same exact thing happening in randoms.  Randoms are supposed to be for fun and introduce new people into the game.  How can we except to grow this game and community when there are so many toxic people like this?  When 70% of my matches end up with someone going off the rails and trying to tell someone off and make the match that much more un-enjoyable for others? 
 

I had spent 3 prior matches where the complaints were directed at others.  On the 4th match, I was AFK at the start because someone urgently needed to talk to me.  I come back on a capture the epicenter mode for Tears of the Desert as a Harugumo.  There are two DDs already in the center of the map and just as I approach the center, I am met with, "Cloudy, why didn't you help me, you pu**y"  "Cloudy I swear I'm going to torp you."  I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about because I JUST got there and there were no other DDs around.  I was dumbfounded on what he was talking about.  I started trying to comply explain to him I had no idea what he was talking about and I don't even care because I don't know him.  Then he proceeded to say "You're still a pu**y" and kept trying to rag on me for being a noob."  I killed 2 ships then responded with "You see that?  Still gonna torp me?  You're talking to a rank 1, noob."  (I was rank 1 and he's rank 15 or something)  Nevertheless, I ended up getting report spammed and found it was almost comical in his case of mistaken identity.  My guess is the moron was probably in periscope mode, looked over to the nearest DD and automatically thought it was me "not helping."  My point is - crap like this has got to stop.  In randoms, I'm generally more respective of people because randoms are supposed to be for FUN.  That incident made me want to take a long break from the game and if it was some new player, I'm sure it would drive them away from it.  The salt has got to stop in randoms if we expect to grow this game.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,961 posts

Welcome to the future....:Smile_teethhappy:

WG couldn't milk enough money from the older crowd, so now they are going after a younger base...with predictable results.:cap_cool:

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
219
[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
13 minutes ago, CloudySix said:

Matches in randoms have become almost vile.  Same story every game - people start drying, big ol crocodile tears start coming out.  I feel sorry for whoever is getting told off by some newbies who are already dead.  It has almost become an incentive to win, just so I could avoid all these people complaining and using the last players alive as scapegoats.  Ever notice that?  Whenever someone starts complaining, they immediately start bashing the last players who are alive?  Stuff like this speak volumes to the personal character of these individuals - pointing the finger at others when they themselves suck.  I get that in ranked, tempers are high and you NEED to win because it's expensive re-equipping tier X ships with premium upgrades/flags.  It's okay to be angry in ranked because it's COMPETITIVE.  What I don't understand is the same exact thing happening in randoms.  Randoms are supposed to be for fun and introduce new people into the game.  How can we except to grow this game and community when there are so many toxic people like this?  When 70% of my matches end up with someone going off the rails and trying to tell someone off and make the match that much more un-enjoyable for others? 
 

I had spent 3 prior matches where the complaints were directed at others.  On the 4th match, I was AFK at the start because someone urgently needed to talk to me.  I come back on a capture the epicenter mode for Tears of the Desert as a Harugumo.  There are two DDs already in the center of the map and just as I approach the center, I am met with, "Cloudy, why didn't you help me, you pu**y"  "Cloudy I swear I'm going to torp you."  I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about because I JUST got there and there were no other DDs around.  I was dumbfounded on what he was talking about.  I started trying to comply explain to him I had no idea what he was talking about and I don't even care because I don't know him.  Then he proceeded to say "You're still a pu**y" and kept trying to rag on me for being a noob."  I killed 2 ships then responded with "You see that?  Still gonna torp me?  You're talking to a rank 1, noob."  (I was rank 1 and he's rank 15 or something)  Nevertheless, I ended up getting report spammed and found it was almost comical in his case of mistaken identity.  My guess is the moron was probably in periscope mode, looked over to the nearest DD and automatically thought it was me "not helping."  My point is - crap like this has got to stop.  In randoms, I'm generally more respective of people because randoms are supposed to be for FUN.  That incident made me want to take a long break from the game and if it was some new player, I'm sure it would drive them away from it.  The salt has got to stop in randoms if we expect to grow this game.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience in Randoms.  I've found very similar stuff, though your figure of 70% would seem somewhat higher than mine.

All I can say is that the "salt" is greatly reduced in Coop mode.  I'd gently suggest you try that for a bit and see if you don't like it better...as I, and many others do.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,160
[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,461 battles

PSA: The salt has got to stop in randoms

 

But, but... how will we pay our captains in salarium if we don't get it from Randoms. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
120
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
500 posts
1,028 battles

I see zero salt in Co-op, and the improved AI is making games a lot closer, too, where more are ending up with just a few survivors instead of the whole team.  Just wish they'd buff the rewards to go along with the increased challenge, but the relaxed atmosphere is often worth the trade-off vs. having more credits/XP and more salt.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,901 battles

If you want to minimize the salt, give a 60 second countdown before battle starts so that there is time to try to formulate a plan.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
210 posts

Geez....we have it EASY in ships. Tanks is a literal salt mine. I see probably 10% of the salt in this game than I ever did in tanks. Generally,  this player base is more mature and has a lot fewer psychological issues. It's one of the reasons I have migrated here to this game and play very little in tanks these days. 

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
292 posts
41 minutes ago, CloudySix said:

Matches in randoms have become almost vile.  Same story every game - people start drying, big ol crocodile tears start coming out.  I feel sorry for whoever is getting told off by some newbies who are already dead.  It has almost become an incentive to win, just so I could avoid all these people complaining and using the last players alive as scapegoats.  Ever notice that?  Whenever someone starts complaining, they immediately start bashing the last players who are alive?  Stuff like this speak volumes to the personal character of these individuals - pointing the finger at others when they themselves suck.  I get that in ranked, tempers are high and you NEED to win because it's expensive re-equipping tier X ships with premium upgrades/flags.  It's okay to be angry in ranked because it's COMPETITIVE.  What I don't understand is the same exact thing happening in randoms.  Randoms are supposed to be for fun and introduce new people into the game.  How can we except to grow this game and community when there are so many toxic people like this?  When 70% of my matches end up with someone going off the rails and trying to tell someone off and make the match that much more un-enjoyable for others? 
 

I had spent 3 prior matches where the complaints were directed at others.  On the 4th match, I was AFK at the start because someone urgently needed to talk to me.  I come back on a capture the epicenter mode for Tears of the Desert as a Harugumo.  There are two DDs already in the center of the map and just as I approach the center, I am met with, "Cloudy, why didn't you help me, you pu**y"  "Cloudy I swear I'm going to torp you."  I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about because I JUST got there and there were no other DDs around.  I was dumbfounded on what he was talking about.  I started trying to comply explain to him I had no idea what he was talking about and I don't even care because I don't know him.  Then he proceeded to say "You're still a pu**y" and kept trying to rag on me for being a noob."  I killed 2 ships then responded with "You see that?  Still gonna torp me?  You're talking to a rank 1, noob."  (I was rank 1 and he's rank 15 or something)  Nevertheless, I ended up getting report spammed and found it was almost comical in his case of mistaken identity.  My guess is the moron was probably in periscope mode, looked over to the nearest DD and automatically thought it was me "not helping."  My point is - crap like this has got to stop.  In randoms, I'm generally more respective of people because randoms are supposed to be for FUN.  That incident made me want to take a long break from the game and if it was some new player, I'm sure it would drive them away from it.  The salt has got to stop in randoms if we expect to grow this game.

Yea I don't really agree with anything you said.

If you were afk so long other DDs were already at the Cap you do suck in my book; why are you doing nothing for the first 3/4 mins of a game instead of spotting? I despise people who start the game 3 1/2 mins late and pretend it doesn't matter. Especially for DDs, it sure does matter. Play the game or don't play. But don't play it terribly and complain that others are giving you crap for it.

Also being alive at the end does not mean you didn't screw up. A lot of times, especially as a USSR DD, I have to suicide to kill another DD that was about to torp our retarded BB point blank. BB should have never been in the retarded spot perfectly to get torped around an island anyway but i still have to basically trade my life for the IJN DDs because of some trash BB player made the wrong play. I do the selfless team move all the time and always regret it because most of the time I wouldn't have had to make that choice if someone else wasn't a fkn moron. yea it pisses me off more than words can ever describe.

Likewise I don't like dying or losing because ONE or TWO individuals on our team are completely worthless. I just wish those people would do me a favor and not play. Any joy I get from wrecking people on the other team who suck that bad does not even make up for half of the pain/frustration of halving those potatoes on your team. They just ruin the game completely for me.

  • Cool 18
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,362
[SYN]
Members
4,543 posts
11,437 battles
49 minutes ago, CloudySix said:

Matches in randoms have become almost vile.  Same story every game - people start drying, big ol crocodile tears start coming out.  I feel sorry for whoever is getting told off by some newbies who are already dead.  It has almost become an incentive to win, just so I could avoid all these people complaining and using the last players alive as scapegoats.  Ever notice that?  Whenever someone starts complaining, they immediately start bashing the last players who are alive?  Stuff like this speak volumes to the personal character of these individuals - pointing the finger at others when they themselves suck.  I get that in ranked, tempers are high and you NEED to win because it's expensive re-equipping tier X ships with premium upgrades/flags.  It's okay to be angry in ranked because it's COMPETITIVE.  What I don't understand is the same exact thing happening in randoms.  Randoms are supposed to be for fun and introduce new people into the game.  How can we except to grow this game and community when there are so many toxic people like this?  When 70% of my matches end up with someone going off the rails and trying to tell someone off and make the match that much more un-enjoyable for others? 
 

I had spent 3 prior matches where the complaints were directed at others.  On the 4th match, I was AFK at the start because someone urgently needed to talk to me.  I come back on a capture the epicenter mode for Tears of the Desert as a Harugumo.  There are two DDs already in the center of the map and just as I approach the center, I am met with, "Cloudy, why didn't you help me, you pu**y"  "Cloudy I swear I'm going to torp you."  I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about because I JUST got there and there were no other DDs around.  I was dumbfounded on what he was talking about.  I started trying to comply explain to him I had no idea what he was talking about and I don't even care because I don't know him.  Then he proceeded to say "You're still a pu**y" and kept trying to rag on me for being a noob."  I killed 2 ships then responded with "You see that?  Still gonna torp me?  You're talking to a rank 1, noob."  (I was rank 1 and he's rank 15 or something)  Nevertheless, I ended up getting report spammed and found it was almost comical in his case of mistaken identity.  My guess is the moron was probably in periscope mode, looked over to the nearest DD and automatically thought it was me "not helping."  My point is - crap like this has got to stop.  In randoms, I'm generally more respective of people because randoms are supposed to be for FUN.  That incident made me want to take a long break from the game and if it was some new player, I'm sure it would drive them away from it.  The salt has got to stop in randoms if we expect to grow this game.

Unless you give up online gaming, it's never gonna end.  Better come to peace with that.

Also, it's never a good idea to acknowledge and engage anyone vomiting in the chat.  Even if they're addressing you directly. Ignore it completely.  Best thing to do.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[-SF-]
Members
119 posts
2,366 battles

Most of the angry, salty "I blame everyone else even though I died first" are just sad little men sat in there mother's basement. Don't be annoyed with them, feel sorry for them. 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
181 posts
1,591 battles

Salt is the first seasoning of mankind. It is used for flavoring and preserving.

Without Salt the human race would be bland.

Salt melts Snow.

Snow is billions of snowflakes.

This is why Salt will never leave the chats.

 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles
14 minutes ago, TheLastReaper said:

Likewise I don't like dying or losing because ONE or TWO individuals on our team are completely worthless. I just wish those people would do me a favor and not play. Any joy I get from wrecking people on the other team who suck that bad does not even make up for half of the pain/frustration of halving those potatoes on your team. They just ruin the game completely for me.

That's asking for a hell of a lot. Damned near every match has one or two worthless players. With so many matches being completely ruined for you, it's hard to imagine why you still play the game.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
614
[_AFW_]
Members
981 posts
7,021 battles

World of Warships is just tanks on water. In the beginning chat was not bad here at all then the rage crew started to filter over here and chat went down hill fast. Some came from tanks and other from who knows where. 90% of the time if you look at the player who raging stats they are in the bad to horrid range. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
26 minutes ago, Ashy_GB said:

Most of the angry, salty "I blame everyone else even though I died first" are just sad little men sat in there mother's basement. Don't be annoyed with them, feel sorry for them. 

Do you know how badly I wish that could be me? I hate paying bills, my mom is the best cook I've ever seen....Good gosh to live in the basement play games and eat meatloaf all day... where can I sign up!

See the source image
 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,871 battles

I say the same thing every few games when salt happens...   “random game random skill just try and have fun”.   Typically ppl stop.   At best try and help newer players respectfully.  IE shoot HE ship is too angled.  It does go a long ways 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[ONAVY]
Members
771 posts
6,284 battles
7 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

World of Warships is just tanks on water. In the beginning chat was not bad here at all then the rage crew started to filter over here and chat went down hill fast. Some came from tanks and other from who knows where. 90% of the time if you look at the player who raging stats they are in the bad to horrid range. 

Horrid range lol...

Image result for bad to horrid range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
448 posts
1,962 battles
4 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Salt is the first seasoning of mankind. It is used for flavoring and preserving.

Without Salt the human race would be bland.

Salt melts Snow.

Snow is billions of snowflakes.

This is why Salt will never leave the chats.

:Smile_Default: Reading this gave me a warm, wonderful, feeling inside. We need more salt for this very purpose. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Krautjaeger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
[-WPG-]
Members
801 posts
3,334 battles

I see salty chat so infrequently I wonder if I'm playing a different game. The worst I usually see (once a week maybe) is "got stuck on a team that couldn't do squat" or "great job blowing a lead". Sometimes complaints about cv's blowing it, which is often true. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
132 posts
4,385 battles

realize why people are salty. Did you run and abandon them without telling them? does your cv auto drop torps into islands? ca's not using radar when they have it up or do they just give bb's their cits and die. Alot more could be said of bad play but salt is there for a reason. Granted not always the best reason but if a person can give a reason why they are angry then it could be valid. OR just take the chat box and move it off screen lul

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,065
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

If you want the salt to stop, play better.

  • Cool 7
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,065
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
1 hour ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Salt is the first seasoning of mankind. It is used for flavoring and preserving.

Without Salt the human race would be bland.

Salt melts Snow.

Snow is billions of snowflakes.

This is why Salt will never leave the chats.

 

I like this, snowflakes are allergic to salt.  Brilliant!

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[PIZZA]
Members
22 posts
1,248 battles

People don't get salty because their teammates play bad, they get salty because they play bad themselves and then grasp wildly for someone else to blame so they can protect their fragile ego.

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
132 posts
4,385 battles
2 minutes ago, Recury said:

People don't get salty because their teammates play bad, they get salty because they play bad themselves and then grasp wildly for someone else to blame so they can protect their fragile ego.

and how is it that you know this for certain?

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×