Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Harugumo

28 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
166 posts
13,994 battles

So what is the counter they just burn every thing down. I see a lot of Harugumo and Worcester's teaming up it just a complete SPAM fest

[-K-]
Members
5,287 posts
9,108 battles

Radar and torpedoes in smoke.

[SIDE]
Members
1,416 posts
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Both almost exactly the same agility. Seriously. 

Wooster highly allergic to AP. Somewhat immune to torps when hydro is up.

Haru highly allergic to torps and anything that it gets hit by.

These are very vulnerable ships when caught in the open.

Edited by thebigblue

Members
18,240 posts
5,209 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Especially later on. 

It is extremely satisfying to come up unspotted on a smoke cloud from behind, get to within about 5km, and pop the radar in a Chapayev, you can almost smell the poop on the DD player's computer chair....:cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,838 posts
9,583 battles

Try shooting them. It’s quite effective. 

You can heal back 100% of fire damage.

Don’t bow-on reverse. You’ll get people like me who know how to position our ships and use AP.

Perhaps managing your damage control and repair consumables better?

BoS also really cuts down on the fire damage.

Damage control Mod 2 is a good idea.

There is just a few counters.

I always have to worry about Radar, 33% BB pens, cruiser HE, random torps, etc. Plenty to worry about in a Gumo.

Sorry that you became used to DDs being pushovers. One that isn’t finally showed up. 

Edited by HazardDrake

[-K-]
Members
5,287 posts
9,108 battles
1 minute ago, thebigblue said:

Both almost exactly the same agility. Seriously. 

Wooster highly allergic to AP. Somewhat immune to torps when hydro is up.

Haru highly allergic to torps and anything that it gets hit by.

These are very vulnerable ships when caught in the open.

No, no.....I meant radar and torpedoes in smoke to fight the camping Haragumos.

Beta Testers
541 posts
2,953 battles

harugumo is essentially a cruiser shoved into a DD's class.... shes big, turns like a big-rig going 100mph.... those guns are just as good as the player who is at the helm

[ES]
Members
166 posts
13,994 battles

Would be better if they would just make it less stealthy, you can heal fire damage when your dead

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles

Harugumo is a very vulnerable ship. Which is why they tend to hug their island waifus. Any trick to taking down a cruiser, will also take down a Harugumo, the only difference is that there is no citadel. Lack of citadel hasn't stopped me from being near insta-deleted, by a single salvo from a battleship though, if just one more shell had hit, I would have been dead from that salvo.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
144 posts
1,834 battles

Guns that fire every 3 seconds ok I guess the barrels are made of Adamantium and never over heat because in the real world they would melt down and explode there's an idea.

[CAST]
Members
1,205 posts
7,381 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptDavid said:

Guns that fire every 3 seconds ok I guess the barrels are made of Adamantium and never over heat because in the real world they would melt down and explode there's an idea.

Time is compressed in this game.  Therefore, you can't compare the effects due to rate of fire to those that would occur in real life.

[SIDE]
Members
1,416 posts
21 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

No, no.....I meant radar and torpedoes in smoke to fight the camping Haragumos.

Definitely works on the full stop and sideways campers lol. 

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,721 battles

any noob harugumo who sit in smoke for extended period of time, or play it like a regular DD will find themselves back to the port usually rather quickly.    to counter them you need radar, torp, and if you're DD you can sneak up to them and torp, they're as sluggish as regular cruisers with extremely poor acceleration.

worcester need covers to spam her HE, it's weak armor made her the worst choice to kite, flush them out of hiding and get them to open water.....BB could easily delete them, other cruisers can AP her super structure and they get a ton of pen damage as well.

[SIDE]
Members
1,416 posts
8 minutes ago, CaptDavid said:

Exploding barrels? Not collapse? Conspiracy?

The 1792 shed bourbapocalypse.

#neverforget1792

6959504C-F03B-47EE-9A0E-33A7A6B6F703.jpeg

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,838 posts
9,583 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptDavid said:

Historically, BBs had problems maintaining their rate of fire over sustained periods.

So you would be I favor of BB reload increasing as time goes on, with barrels jamming as errors in procedure and mechanical breakdown happen?

As we saw during the Battle of Samar, destroyers maintained their rate of fire until they ran out of ammunition or the turrets were destroyed. Mechanisms for 5” shells are far easier to build, maintain, and clear when there is a malfunction.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
7 minutes ago, CaptDavid said:

not necessarily. USS Johnston in a 5 minute sprint to get into torpedo range, the ship fired over 200 rounds of ammunition. And since it was a sprint into torpedo range, the forward two guns would have constant firing angle, while the other three would not, as the ship was utilizing evasive maneuvers by following the shell splashes. Those forward two guns, would have done majority of the work as a result, firing at the rated 15 rounds per minute (4 second reload), maybe even faster.

USS Johnston, fought for 2+ hours before the abandon ship order was given. You really think they would have slowed down to let the guns cool, when during that cooling period, could easily mean the difference between life or death? Though the ship eventually sank, she was one heck of a threat to Japanese Center Force, because it just kept firing at anything and everything Japanese in the area. Only time guns stopped firing was when they were disabled by damage.

So no, these gun barrels are far more durable than people like to think they are. HOWEVER, if the Johnston did survive, YES, she would be needing new gun barrels. So too would the ships in this game, be needing new barrels, with these rates of fire. But it has been proven, in history, that naval artillery is quite capable of longevity in battle.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,838 posts
9,583 battles
Just now, Xcalib3r said:

worcester need covers to spam her HE, it's weak armor made her the worst choice to kite, flush them out of hiding and get them to open water.....BB could easily delete them, other cruisers can AP her super structure and they get a ton of pen damage as well.

I take on Woosters in my Udaloi and Khabarovsk and win just fine. Just stay 12k from them and they simply can’t hit you for meaningful amounts of damage while you can. 

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,725 posts
7,705 battles
6 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I take on Woosters in my Udaloi and Khabarovsk and win just fine. Just stay 12k from them and they simply can’t hit you for meaningful amounts of damage while you can. 

Those are dumb woosters, anyone thats any good at USN CAs knows fighting soviet DDs at range is a losing fight.

The thing is dumb players are usually easy to counter, its the ones that know what they are doing that are a challenge.

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,721 battles

WASD hack is extremely effective to counter the worcester in long range, anything beyond 12km they usually can't even hit a barn.  Worcester is most effective to spam HE on ships sitting in reverse or roll slowly like turtle, it's one of the best ship to punish scrub BB camping hardcore at the back, therefore you should keep moving to avoid their floaty shells.

[DANKY]
Members
498 posts
1,618 battles

/rant

That island at G2 on Two Brothers? Why not just call it Woosterville.  Every T10 game has a Wooster behind it, unless the Minotaur gets there first.  

/rant off

[TMS]
Members
1,735 posts
22,088 battles
1 minute ago, Eugenie_101 said:

/rant

That island at G2 on Two Brothers? Why not just call it Woosterville.  Every T10 game has a Wooster behind it, unless the Minotaur gets there first.  

/rant off

And if H.E is coming from that smoke cloud at G2 it means they are both there.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,838 posts
9,583 battles
19 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Those are dumb woosters, anyone thats any good at USN CAs knows fighting soviet DDs at range is a losing fight.

The thing is dumb players are usually easy to counter, its the ones that know what they are doing that are a challenge.

Not necessarily. The last couple times I’ve dealt with them, it’s late game and the Wooster doesn’t have a choice in the matter.

Edited by HazardDrake

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,725 posts
7,705 battles
1 minute ago, HazardDrake said:

Not necessarily. The last couple times I’ve ran into them, it’s late game and the Wooster doesn’t have a choice in the matter.

So then its not relevant at all to people that are looking to have an impact on a game that is not already won or lost.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,838 posts
9,583 battles
Just now, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

So then its not relevant at all to people that are looking to have an impact on a game that is not already won or lost.

Oh both those times the game was not won or lost. 

Sign in to follow this