You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

West Virginia update

170 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,388 battles

we did it BBros.

Edited by Cruxdei

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,388 battles
3 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

So why not just rename it Maryland? 

the IT team would riot.

Members
706 posts
10 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

WG will react to the most profitable market.  That's NA, with US BBs

err the EU see's more players on average, there are 15k of them on now, its Monday 3pm in the WEST(BST) time zone, 4pm in the CEST time zone and 5pm in the EEST time zone, at the weekend I recall seeing over 24k.

• Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
944 posts
1,286 battles

It is a start.  Still not buying the pre-Pearl hull unless any money they get from their copypasted cash grab is earmarked specifically towards WeeVee 44/45.

[SBS]
Members
2,467 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, b101uk said:

err the EU see's more players on average, there are 15k of them on now, its Monday 3pm in the WEST(BST) time zone, 4pm in the CEST time zone and 5pm in the EEST time zone, at the weekend I recall seeing over 24k.

That doesn't mean EU spends more money.  I have to guess US BBs sell in NA to the point that WG will listen to what NA wants.  In fact, it just happened. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,388 battles
5 minutes ago, b101uk said:

while NA is not as big as EU or RU,we spend a lot more money on the game.

[SF-3]
Members
1,521 posts
8,114 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

That doesn't mean EU spends more money.  I have to guess US BBs sell in NA to the point that WG will listen to what NA wants.  In fact, it just happened. 

My thoughts as well, more players does not equal more money, and you not being vocal enough or not getting your way shouldn't preclude NA from having their requests met.

Members
326 posts
31 battles
15 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

So why not just rename it Maryland? 

Hey I live in Maryland, don't push this burning rash pile into my state. The Maryland did get a smaller scale rebuild, she had all of her secondaries replaced with the 5 inch 38 caliber duel purpose twin turrets. The trash recycled A hull should just stay the Colorado.

• Bad 2

Members
326 posts
31 battles
6 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

USN fanboys run the NA server, especially through the use of their wallets so it's not shocking really.

Still waiting for my not garbage inter-war configuration Mutsu.

The difference is that the Mutsu is AWESOME at T-6. She is my best performing battleship. The second difference is that was the Mutsu ever modernized far beyond the Nagato's configuration in the tech tree? When the West Virginia came out of the yards she was in effect a brand new battleship. She could have been classified as her own class. Does the same hold true for the Mutsu? The reality is Japan only had 2 modern battleship in the War, Yamato and Musashi. All the others were 1930's rebuilds. 

• Bad 1

Members
326 posts
31 battles
11 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

USN fanboys run the NA server, especially through the use of their wallets so it's not shocking really.

Also the USN was the most dominant Naval power the world has ever seen. At the end of the war the USN could have taken on the combined Naval strength of the entire WORLD and would have defeated them easily. It is not being a fan boy wanting the dominant power represented well in the game. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

Still waiting on a '44 Spec Colorado class...

Members
706 posts
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

Just now, Cruxdei said:

while NA is not as big as EU or RU,we spend a lot more money on the game.

you could spend on average 30% more per individual than the EU market, but the EU market with actual bums on seats playing WoWS at peek times is 60% bigger than the NA server at peak times, and 60% more individual paying 30% less still ends up be notably more.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,388 battles
1 minute ago, b101uk said:

you could spend on average 30% more per individual than the EU market, but the EU market with actual bums on seats playing WoWS at peek times is 60% bigger than the NA server at peak times, and 60% more individual paying 30% less still ends up be notably more.

numbers don't speak,but money speak any language.

Beta Testers
219 posts
3 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Still waiting on a '44 Spec Colorado class...

Still waiting on a '82 spec New Jersey - make it happen NA! (because we all know it would be "balanced")

• Bad 1

[SBS]
Members
2,467 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, b101uk said:

How do you know NA doesn't average a significantly higher percentage of paying customers, spending significantly more?

[TF-62]
Members
110 posts
5,518 battles
46 minutes ago, Magnus_Lux said:

basically this:

unknown.png

Hmm Lets see. I don't live on the forums but Mutsu did not attract anywhere close to the attention that WV did from the community. Plus as another user pointed out her configuration is not ahistorical. You have to remember that WV44 was a massive rebuild of the ship not represented anywhere in game. Nagato pretty much covers the Mutsu in her WWII configuration.

As for the Europeans Hood seems to be a pretty solid ship. I'm not sure what you think she should have been. Belfast isn't fore sale anymore (and I'm not sure what you think they should have done post release) and lets be honest the polish market isn't huge. Yes a new British premium CL would be nice but I personally find the idea of premium ships as "Captain trainers" to be a bit overrated.

Now as for the US ships the citadels were raised A. because the ships were underperforming, and B. Because it was demonstrated that WG's methodology was inconsistent.

Alabama was offered to the masses because (well duh) Lots of people were ready to throw money at WG. I suspect that if Hood had started life as a ST only ship WG would have very quickly reversed course and offered her for general sale.

As for WV41 and 44 well the storm has been fairly obvious. Players have been asking for WV44 for ages first as a Colorado C hull and now as a premium. Frankly the C hull for Colorado should have been done ages ago given how badly that ships performs. So if the US BB market had the power you think it does then she would have been ion the game a long time ago.

What's happened is just like with the Graf Zeppelin a massive storm of protest erupted and WG being a business has smartly listened. We should be thankful. 

Beta Testers
219 posts
1 minute ago, Ski206 said:

What's happened is just like with the Graf Zeppelin a massive storm of protest erupted and WG being a business has smartly listened. We should be thankful. 

Yes, we should all be thankful for what WG did to Graf Zep....

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
30 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

31 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

not garbage

31 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

inter-war

A "Not Garbage" Inter War ship?

Good luck with that.

• Funny 2

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

This is indeed wonderful news.

WG, we don't care how long it takes, as long as WeeVee '44 is done correctly (ideally at Tier VII as an AA/brawler), it is enough to know that you have recognized the chance and are choosing to do the right thing.

Bravo! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
202 posts
13,571 battles

Ill be dammned, they actually listened. Well, at least this restored some of my faith in WG.

Wargaming, take all the time you need to balance the '44 refit. I'm sure the players won't mind as long as you do it right.

Kudos on taking the right choice.

Edited by Sidelock
  • Cool 1

Members
706 posts
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

How do you know NA doesn't average a significantly higher percentage of paying customers, spending significantly more?

I don't, but 60% more people is a hard number to overcome and makes you look more foolish than me :Smile_coin:

and what about all us Europeans who play on the NA servers, who have EU addresses, are taxed at Europeans rates via the WG NA site shop with payments going via Nicosia in Cyprus.

Members
594 posts
4,882 battles

I think this is great news. I never really had a problem with a tier 6 version of the Colorado class at tier 6 I was just worried we would never get the WV44 refit. If this ship goes to live with the WV41 name and we later get a WV44 that’s kinda cool too. One version similar to how she was at Pearl Harbor and the other after she rose from the ashes. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles
19 minutes ago, Magnus_Lux said:

Still waiting on a '82 spec New Jersey - make it happen NA! (because we all know it would be "balanced")

Harpoons fired from the A-line.  Hilarity ensues.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1