You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

13 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,032 posts
8,285 battles

So-so weekend. Managed just over 50% wins on Saturday, 4-win streak Sunday morning, then only 1/6 wins later.

1) SC historically tends not to be great for me, like this one:

mGEhT9P.jpg

Made some progress towards DM. Even before hitting 10 battles, I realized Buffalo is a support CR, so play looking for unwary targets I can fill with AP volleys. Even at max range, her plunging AP pens any deck armor.

2) Occasionally the WOWS MM gets it right. I had to help carry an Iowa and NC (both with hundreds of battles but both below 37k avg damage) and neither seemed to care when I pointed out they needed to get closer and tank if they wanted to do better:

cW0j3rT.jpg

3) Humorous defeat in Zao. Midway/GK division. I checked and yeah, about 30% WR and he's facing an 80% Haku. Asked how he was going to handle this, but proved he couldn't. The Haku was able to get air control partly with his 3-3-2 and went on a rampage. The GK was a complete wuss, always staying with his Midway buddy, who started getting vulgar that a Fletcher hadn't used his AA to help (he wasn't in AA build) and for whatever childish reason, the GK got so offended at my pointing out where the Midway screwed up that he blocked me, and Midway also went on a rant that his WR wasn't his fault, it's the potatoes' fault. I had a good laugh exposing him to the other team as a raging 12-year old.

Now, if he had actually bothered to type quickly what he was planning and ask for support, I'd have more respect. Instead, he made the classic noob mistake and of assuming we can read his mind. A GK isn't well-suited either as AA platform; a Minotaur or Grozo would doubtless have been better suited to catching the Haku by surprise.

4) Udaloi's grown on me. Might keep this ship after unlocking Groz. Had a good match where I got the FB on a Fletcher that stayed in his smoke. Brought down a Minotaur later, and then one of their camping Lyons came after me. I smoke, kept reading his intent via Way of Knowing, and remembered that French shotgun BB's traits from using it--then I charged out when he got too close to rotate MB effectively for a torp DS.

VoS9oLJ.jpg

5) Angry_Nerd and Noster lucked into my Lion's maiden voyage. Lost that match.

zI2GfiA.jpg

Got Fletcher, decided to partly grind her upgrades with ship XP. She's shown a lot of promise.

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,749 battles

Less than stellar. For some reason there were an exceptional number of crappy teams out there this weekend...

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Weekend was a bust. Had PC issues. Finally got them fixed. Hopefully I can have a decent week before a short job starts next week. 

[NG-NL]
Members
5,032 posts
8,285 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Less than stellar. For some reason there were an exceptional number of crappy teams out there this weekend...

Most every matchup has crappy teams. I know from checking the base XP scoreboards.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,455 posts
1,747 battles

OK weekend,  with the exception of credit grinding in my brand new Musashi....  Dropped coal for her last week and went  1 for 7 from Friday on..   I'd love to blame it on terribad teams but looks more like me from my stats in it.    I have a feeling I might be some of you guys crappy teams.   That thing eludes me.   

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

Saturday was ok.  Sunday was terrible.  The only games I could get wins in, were ones I played my Belfast and tried to hard carry, and that was still a struggle.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I was feeling pretty warm and fuzzy on Friday then the game proceeded to crap all over me. 

Edited by _ENO_

Members
303 posts
4,531 battles

I had a battle where the CV on each side was from the same clan.  I did no think that was possible.  I was all set to start the reporting should our CV just send his planes to the corner, but it turned out that neither CV actually did much in the battle.

[DAS]
Members
345 posts
4,379 battles

I think I came out of the weekend with an around 100% winrate (very small sample size). For the last 2 weeks my winrate is around 89%.

So I really can't complain.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts

Not good.

I got trolled in every way possible...  RNG  MM  uberbots, you name it. 

BB play was fine, for the most part.   DD's were out in force, which meant lots of low damage games. (as many as 5 to a side- in Co-op games, lol!)   Thus I switched to cruisers- to thin the herd a little bit.

Nope.

Nothing but BB's then!  AND worse, it was the aimbot BB's from hell.   3 dev strikes and 3 losses in a row.   Did absolutely nothing to improve my disposition, lemme tellya.

So I switch to DD, mainly intending to re-familiarize myself with some old favorites and work on some captains in anticipation of tier 5 Ranked.

Hahaha- no.

Got swarmed and gang [edited] to death every match.    I might also mention that as soon as I switched to CL/DD my ability to aim suddenly disappeared completely- total RNG trollfest.

The only whiff of success I had was in OPS.  Where I collected several 5 star wins, and lots of loot- but very little damage, lol.    We had 3 Sims in the match I played in Monoghan, and they utterly dominated the match, farming the hell out of it.   I'd no sooner train my guns and hit fire, and the Sboat would explode- EVERY time.   I stopped even bothering then, and instead concentrated on just keeping the convoy alive.    Next Game I brought MY Sims- and did a heck of a lot better, even managing to rescue some soldiers from a wrecked ship.   Sims and the current OP were made for each other, I reckon, lol.   Mahan was alright, but for some reason Sims is just the bote to bring to this one.

After that, I just fiddled around in tier 5 till I finished the Brit mission,  then went to low tiers for some fun!

I swear, Dasha makes my Bougainville even more deadly!!!