You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Guesses for what T5 ranked will feel like?

160 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

What do you think will happen? 

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles

giulio cesare might not fare well in ranked,since ranked is "less" chaotic than random,giulio is not designed to fight well against multiple people firing at her.who knows?she is not exactly well armored anyway.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles

Minekaze clones will run riot. 

Konig will rule -- shells up every 26 seconds trumps everything. I expect lots of people will bring  Guilios, though. Ranked is fought at closer ranges where Guilio will be vulnerable to cits. 

What cruisers have good sonar and torps? They will do well.

Ranked at T5 is WG's concession that the T4 restricted MM has destroyed the fun of T5 and prevented people from playing ships they really like. It will also mean more T5 premiums will be sold since people are buying them less because of the constant uptiering. 

It sucks that they can't simply admit they screwed up and revert the restricted MM. Just glad I had a chance to play T5 when it was a blast. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Minekaze clones will run riot. 

Konig will rule -- shells up every 26 seconds trumps everything. I expect lots of people will bring  Guilios, though. Ranked is fought at closer ranges where Guilio will be vulnerable to cits. 

What cruisers have good sonar and torps? They will do well.

Ranked at T5 is WG's concession that the T4 restricted MM has destroyed the fun of T5 and prevented people from playing ships they really like. It will also mean more T5 premiums will be sold since people are buying them less because of the constant uptiering. 

It sucks that they can't simply admit they screwed up and revert the restricted MM. Just glad I had a chance to play T5 when it was a blast. 

konigsberg will be a key target,long range sonar and fast guns,but horrible AA and armor,she is not exactly stealthy too.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,540 posts
4,419 battles

My 2 cents.

The Kamikaze sisters will slaughter everything. At this point those who have them will have a lot of nautical miles down their belt and 19 point commanders.

Guilio Cesare will do well imho, just because its Guilio Cesare.

Furutaka may be a surprise, because 8 inch guns at tier 5 and great torps. What imho holds Furry taco back during randoms is constant uptiering.

Koenigsberg, because 9 long range, fast guns. Spam HE from range.

Kongo. Good speed, decent armour when angled, punchy guns, and very long range for tier 5. 

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles

I wouldn't rule out lots of CVs being in the queue.  That would make Texas a very viable option.

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,226 battles

I'm going to play my Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya for the BB, and Murmansk for the cruiser.

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,583 posts
3,751 battles

If she hadn't received nerfs, I would go Emile Bertin all the way. Reasonable guns and range, speedy enough to hunt down any DD and one of the best armor schemes for cruisers.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

one of the best armor schemes for cruisers.

WHAT?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
754 posts
13 battles

Excluding premium ships, I would say Kongo, Furutaka and Konigsberg will kick [edited]in T5 ranked.

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles

T5 Ranked will likely be ruled by premium ships, since many of them are so broken at that tier.

Any player worth their salt will run either the Kamikaze-trio or Gremyashchy for DDs, and either Cesare or Texas (if a lot of carriers) for BBs.  Cruisers will be a toss up, since there aren't too many standouts at T5.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,583 posts
3,751 battles
9 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

WHAT?

Keep in mind I said schemes, not overall armor :Smile-_tongue:. You get overpens on Emile with DD guns. She is just so lightly armoured that it turns into a strength.

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Keep in mind I said schemes, not overall armor :Smile-_tongue:. You get overpens on Emile with DD guns. She is just so lightly armoured that it turns into a strength.

ah the "so bad it's good" concept.

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,318 battles

Who knows; I have my own reasons for wanting to play a season of T5 Ranked. Once those are resolved I’ll settle down and either hack people off playing Bogue; (nearly 1k total games played,) or stick with Pumpkin.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

My 2 cents.

The Kamikaze sisters will slaughter everything. At this point those who have them will have a lot of nautical miles down their belt and 19 point commanders.

Guilio Cesare will do well imho, just because its Guilio Cesare.

Furutaka may be a surprise, because 8 inch guns at tier 5 and great torps. What imho holds Furry taco back during randoms is constant uptiering.

Koenigsberg, because 9 long range, fast guns. Spam HE from range.

Kongo. Good speed, decent armour when angled, punchy guns, and very long range for tier 5. 

Add the gremash as a hard counter to the Kamikaze sisters. Can't detect them? That's where RDF comes into play. RDF sez ship over there and no one on the mini map? Head over there and check it out. If it's a kaze ship, it dies.

Murmask might be viable. It's maneuverable enough to dodge BB shells and torps.

Beta Testers
2,998 posts
4,437 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Who knows; I have my own reasons for wanting to play a season of T5 Ranked. Once those are resolved I’ll settle down and either hack people off playing Bogue; (nearly 1k total games played,) or stick with Pumpkin.

i'm thinking of buying that azur lane commander enterprise just to use it on bogue.the ranked might help me train her for when the tier8 enterprise comes back.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,275 battles

No radar.

No uptiering.

Low service costs, so a prolonged grind isn't crippling in credits...

What's not to like?

(Do I bring my Emerald for ships and giggles, or do I bring my Konigsberg and burn the world to a crisp? It's enough to make me rebuy the Omaha, if only I hadn't moved her captain on!)

Members
711 posts

I predict whining from one section or another whatever WG do, but hey it's only the Ranked Battle [edited], so many people just don't care either way.

[NGA]
[NGA]
Members
316 posts
4,698 battles

I think the Kirov will do quite well, slow RoF and dodgy armour but man those AP shells will eat other cruisers for breakfast.

[-CIV-]
Members
233 posts
2,372 battles
34 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

WHAT?

Honestly, I kind of agree. Among the T5 cruisers, EB is surprisingly trolly. Coupled with her speed and range, she ends up being a super unpredictable opponent.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,540 posts
4,419 battles
32 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Add the gremash as a hard counter to the Kamikaze sisters. Can't detect them? That's where RDF comes into play. RDF sez ship over there and no one on the mini map? Head over there and check it out. If it's a kaze ship, it dies.

Murmask might be viable. It's maneuverable enough to dodge BB shells and torps.

I was thinking of putting the Gremlin in my list, but I forgot what tier it was and erred on the side of caution. Yep it counters Kamikaze nicely.

On the other hand, there are very few of them since it was only ever sold once during pre-order. There are a lot more Kamikaze sisters. Imho Grem likely won't be a noticeable presence in ranked.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
573 posts
3,672 battles

Hmmm.  Texas and Julius Caesar for BBs.  Marblehead and Emile Bertan for cruisers.  Nicholas and Podvoyski for dds.

Now if I can only get enough folks playing late at night, which is when I play. :)

[USCG]
Members
208 posts
13,005 battles

Tier five...interesting... My first ranked season (Season 2) was in rank 5.  I broke down and purchased my first premium...Murmansk.  Great ship to zip around in & start fires.  Since I prefer DD play though I think I'd run either of my Kamis or my Gremy. 

I'd still like to see T5 up to rank 15, T6 for ranks 15 -10, Tier 7 for ranks10 - 5 and Tier 8 to rank 1.  

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles

I only wonder if steel will be awarded in it really. It will be fun to take down people in Kamikaze at least.