Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MG1962

A game play question for the Dev team

5 comments in this topic

[BLHK]
Members
338 posts
3,437 battles

Twice in the last month I have seen what seems to be one of my main battery shells intersect exactly where an enemy aircraft has been flying and seemingly bring them down. Both times were long range with lofted shells so the view was far from perfect.

So the question is, does the code in the game exist to allow this to actually happen, or am I the victim of a fortunate optical effect and the plane was brought down by means unseen to me?

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,118 posts
3,583 battles
5 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

Twice in the last month I have seen what seems to be one of my main battery shells intersect exactly where an enemy aircraft has been flying and seemingly bring them down. Both times were long range with lofted shells so the view was far from perfect.

So the question is, does the code in the game exist to allow this to actually happen, or am I the victim of a fortunate optical effect and the plane was brought down by means unseen to me?

i very much doubt its possible.

AA is basically a die roll, no penetration checks or anything, so i wouldnt think its possible.

Supertester
181 posts
5,134 battles

Main battery guns cannot hit planes through player fire due to planes not actually having hit boxes.

There are the duel purpose AA guns that add to your AA rating, but it just adds to the AA "aura" that your ship produces.

Hope this clears some things up!

[STURM]
Members
300 posts
2,892 battles

What are you sailing? If it's something with lots of AA firepower and rapid firing guns, like the USN light criusers, it might just be a bit of an inevitability through probability.

Sign in to follow this