You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

Coop Troll induces a Team Kill

89 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles

I had fired torps at a Tirpitz. No other ships were in my field of view. 

A Cossack comes from my right side, drives in front of my torps, takes the kill and eats one of my torps. Game ends.

This is for those of you who think griefers and trolls can't cause a person to turn pink. I made a clear shot, and the Cossack simply chose to eat a friendly torp in exchange for an easy kill for him. 

As for me, got a two game 'penalty' so not a big deal. But to me this is a great example of how someone can be turned pink, even though they are being reasonable about their torp shots. 

20180930_211607_PJSD108-Akizuki_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 10

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,345 battles

Doesn't sound like a clear shot if anyone is able to drive into your torps.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,323 battles

This "Hall of Fame" thing is really pushing for players to get kills on top on their wins. The more points you get the more rewards. There are a lot of people doing stupid crap to get those points.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
9,734 posts
7,466 battles
20 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

:Smile_great: This.

Edit, down vote us all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you fired when someone else could run into your torps.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 15
  • Bad 1

[ARRR]
Members
117 posts
2,339 battles

Nope. I watched the replay, that guy was making a move before you launched the torps. It wasn't obvious, it wasn't a great move, and he definitely should have dodged them so I wouldn't even hold it against you, but you didn't know he was there at all when you launched the torps. Even if he tried his hardest to catch them, it doesn't matter because you didn't glance at him at all before that shot. Go watch yourself, he didn't change course or speed significantly between you launching those and him catching one... if there were a gray torp indicator for friendlies, it would have been right on that guy.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,734 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, Shenennigans said:

Nope. I watched the replay, that guy was making a move before you launched the torps. It wasn't obvious, it wasn't a great move, and he definitely should have dodged them so I wouldn't even hold it against you, but you didn't know he was there at all when you launched the torps. Even if he tried his hardest to catch them, it doesn't matter because you didn't glance at him at all before that shot. Go watch yourself, he didn't change course or speed significantly between you launching those and him catching one... if there were a gray torp indicator for friendlies, it would have been right on that guy.

That's actually a good idea. A red torp indicator for friendlies. It would be like an officer saying, "Excuse me sir, but firing on that bearing endangers an ally."

• Cool 3

[ARRR]
Members
117 posts
2,339 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That's actually a good idea. A red torp indicator for friendlies. It would be like an officer saying, "Excuse me sir, but firing on that bearing endangers an ally."

I seriously had that same thought when I said it. Someone with more motivation than me should definitely follow up on this lol.

Edited by Shenennigans

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles

One guy watched the replay. 

The rest of you opined from ignorance. 

Point made.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3

[TDRB]
Members
1,103 posts
4,194 battles

Team kill is what it is, you torpedoes, your fault. Could WG make changes? Yes. Will they? It is doubtful.

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles
17 minutes ago, Shenennigans said:

Thanks for watching and giving and informed opinion. 

I had a feeling that I just didn't see him, but in all fairness, I had been in that area alone the entire match. He just wanted a cheap kill and didn't care what it took. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

Team kill is what it is, you torpedoes, your fault. Could WG make changes? Yes. Will they? It is doubtful.

Thank you for missing the point completely. You deserve a prize, but I'm all out those. 

• Bad 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,844 posts
11,546 battles

It's a trap! Everyone knows Rev TeamKillS!

Seriously though, it's your fault. They were your torps.

Maybe dude intentionally ran into them, maybe he didn't see them. The situation is irrelevant cause the only important thing is who's ordinance it was. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles
30 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_great: This.

Edit, down vote us all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you fired when someone else could run into your torps.

I enjoy your informative posts. The fact that you didn't even watch the replay but knocked on me anyway has caused me to lose all respect for you. Thanks.

For the record, haven't down voted anyone in this thread. I marked either as 'funny' or 'cool.' 

Please continue to infer and assume. 

• Boring 4
  • Bad 3

[TDRB]
Members
1,103 posts
4,194 battles
Just now, RevTKS said:

Thank you for missing the point completely. You deserve a prize, but I'm all out those. 

Nope, I rejected your point & justified that rejection by citing the TK policy we all play under.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

It's a trap! Everyone knows Rev TeamKillS!

Seriously though, it's your fault. They were your torps.

Maybe dude intentionally ran into them, maybe he didn't see them. The situation is irrelevant cause the only important thing is who's ordinance it was. 

Shhhhhhh! 

The point was to see how many would look at the replay. So far, one guy. 

The second point was, it's a 50-50 out there. I have had games where there were several DD's in a tight group and we were able to fire and move with no verbal communication, just being aware and knowing some basics. 

And then there are games where you can make a 'safe' shot only to have some lovely creature decide to drive into torps. 

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

Nope, I rejected your point & justified that rejection by citing the TK policy we all play under.

LOL. Those may relate to your point. 

[R-F]
Members
779 posts
6,390 battles

How fast can Le Terrible go with speed boost active and a speed flag?  Fast enough to outrun torpedoes fired by a Black (43 knots), right?  So you're in your Black, you fire your torps, and Le Terrible chases them down and takes true troll friendly fire.  Could happen!

[ARRR]
Members
117 posts
2,339 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

How fast can Le Terrible go with speed boost active and a speed flag?  Fast enough to outrun torpedoes fired by a Black (43 knots), right?  So you're in your Black, you fire your torps, and Le Terrible chases them down and takes true troll friendly fire.  Could happen!

I would stand up at my desk and confuse my family with my loud applause if I were in my Sims and fire my sea mines and a DD outran and caught my torps. If his goal was to make me pink, well he freakin deserved it lol.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
779 posts
6,390 battles
2 minutes ago, Shenennigans said:

I would stand up at my desk and confuse my family with my loud applause if I were in my Sims and fire my sea mines and a DD outran and caught my torps. If his goal was to make me pink, well he freakin deserved it lol.

Sims' torps go 49 knots, so that's a tough ask.  Black's go 43.  There are a few other ships with 44-45 knot torps but they're all low tier and nothing in that range is fast enough to catch them.  Black's torps could legitimately be run down by Le Terrible (if it doesn't change when it gets released), Khab, and maybe a few others. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,410 posts
24 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

No, his torpedoes, his "punishment".  Fault is another question.

Will watch the replay later when I'm not trying to wind down for the night, but if i had to make a guess, well I'd flip a coin... 50/50 on who is actually at fault.  A lot of people take risky/dumb torp shots, AND a lot of people are either careless or actively griefing when it comes to driving into "friendly" torps.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,410 posts
22 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

See sig.  It's a ridiculous policy, and there's a world of difference between some halfass gaming company's rules and policies, and actual culpability.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,409 posts
9,562 battles

"That was on you and you know it"

I would not have fired that second set of torpedoes.  The other DD was CLEARLY heading on an intercept with your fish.

Watch your replay again after you calm down.

[TDRB]
Members
1,103 posts
4,194 battles

No, his torpedoes, his "punishment".  Fault is another question.

Fault is determined by WG, not opinions of players.

It's a ridiculous policy, and there's a world of difference between some halfass gaming company's rules and policies, and actual culpability.

Ridiculous or not, it is the policy.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,762 battles
1 hour ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

This

• Cool 2