Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Major_Reeves

Warships crashing in battle possible fix

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
59 posts
4,219 battles

Since 7.9 I have had constant crashes while in battle including in the operations area. Support had no idea and 4 uninstalls/installs proved no better. The game crashed with or without mods at random times. The mini patch did not fix the issue either as play yesterday proved just as frustrating. However, I spotted a post where a person suggested a direct shortcut to the Warships.exe file may fix this. Out of ideas and options I gave it a shot.

I played numerous games today and even ran Operation Dynamo all without a crash or glitch of any kind. The game ran perfectly normal. For what it is worth, give it a try. It fixed my problem.

This points to the game center launcher as the issue. Something is not right.

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts

RP0Bd9u.gif

Will be neat to see if this holds true for you for a while. I may suggest this to others who have similar issues if it works consistently. 

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,561 battles

Consider yourself lucky. You cannot do that on a Mac. I did it all the time on my dead Windows machine because the launcher is a resource hog, even for a high end machine. This is not the 1st this issue had popped up, as it happened the last time they upgraded the launcher as well. 

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
497 posts
3,661 battles

I don't know why anyone (except MAC users) would start the game using WG launcher.  I only use that when a new update is ready to install.

Beta Testers
59 posts
4,219 battles
14 hours ago, missile742 said:

I don't know why anyone (except MAC users) would start the game using WG launcher.  I only use that when a new update is ready to install.

Thank you for your service Sir.

Beta Testers
59 posts
4,219 battles

Well, this did not solve the crash bug issue for me.

Played in Division last night, game crashed 3 times. Today I closed all unnecessary programs except for the AV software. Ran game with and without mods, crashed. Started game from exe file but game center loaded, crashed. Ran game through game center, crashed in battle and went to a black screen as well as in port after choosing another ship. Closed game center and ran client through exe file needing to relog in, crashed with that. Even rebooted PC to clear memory of any running but closed programs and it still crashed. I'm out of ideas and so is my friend who is a PC tech by trade and job.

Sign in to follow this