You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Maybe tone down the duplicates a little...

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

I've noticed how soon I start to get duplicates and how often I get them when working on collections. In my American cruiser collection, I'm about 7 items in and already one duplicate. The anniversary collection was almost entirely duplicates even though I only had about 1/3 of the items. I understand why they exist and I'm not asking for them to be removed, I'm just saying that their occurrence should be reduced a little, because it feels like collections have to be mostly done via duplicates and not through earning the items themselves. Just my two cents.  

• Cool 3

[KRAK]
Members
1,174 posts
13,600 battles
2 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I've noticed how soon I start to get duplicates and how often I get them when working on collections. In my American cruiser collection, I'm about 7 items in and already one duplicate. The anniversary collection was almost entirely duplicates even though I only had about 1/3 of the items. I understand why they exist and I'm not asking for them to be removed, I'm just saying that their occurrence should be reduced a little, because it feels like collections have to be mostly done via duplicates and not through earning the items themselves. Just my two cents.  

You can use the duplicates in the place of a collection item you need. I think the rate was 3 dups for an item or maybe it was 5.

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles
5 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

You can use the duplicates in the place of a collection item you need. I think the rate was 3 dups for an item or maybe it was 5.

Yes, I know, but I think collections are done more with duplicates and less with earning the items. I think duplicates shouldn't be so common so early on in the collection. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,174 posts
13,600 battles
4 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Yes, I know, but I think collections are done more with duplicates and less with earning the items. I think duplicates shouldn't be so common so early on in the collection. 

I finished every collection available thru duplicates mostly. Do not look a gift horse in the mouth :D

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
432 posts
728 battles

How else are the supposed to make money?  They need to give you dupes so you have to buy loot boxes.

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
29 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

They are random and like others said, you can use the duplicates to complete the collection. I completed all the collections with at least 1 set of duplicates. Figure out how many duplicates you need for a collections and wait to turn them in when you get that many duplicates. That way you increase the chance of getting a new item while you wait for the right amount of duplicates. For collections you get via the daily crates, save up the duplicates and let the collection fiinish with only new items. Once the collection finishes, you won't get more items from it, so you can collect a lot of duplicates to be converted into credits when the collection finally finishes. My Yamamoto collection will net me at least 1.2M credits when it finally finishes.

xGt0iNH.jpg

5 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

How else are the supposed to make money?  They need to give you dupes so you have to buy loot boxes.

main-qimg-2b01ae4d8c985166393548f745b241

[DS-DL]
Members
81 posts
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

main-qimg-2b01ae4d8c985166393548f745b241

Is this the secret tactic no-one talks about? 

Hmm, one tinfoil Admirals hat coming up!

Edit...

I'm going two-ply, one tin, one aluminum, modern satellites and all...

Edited by i_r_sensitive
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
18 minutes ago, i_r_sensitive said:

Is this the secret tactic no-one talks about? 

Hmm, one tinfoil Admirals hat coming up!

Edit...

I'm going two-ply, one tin, one aluminum, modern satellites and all...

:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,068 posts
5,972 battles

I have 47 out of 48 American Cruiser collection items,  and 107 duplicates. I'm in no hurry for an ugly Cleveland camo, and every duplicate I get is more coin in the bank when the last item drops.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,569 posts
7,466 battles
13 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I have 47 out of 48 American Cruiser collection items,  and 107 duplicates. I'm in no hurry for an ugly Cleveland camo, and every duplicate I get is more coin in the bank when the last item drops.

Over 1.6M credits so far.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,177 battles
3 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

As you complete a collection statistically you are going to get an ever increasing number of duplicates, you know that, right?  

[DPG]
Members
895 posts
4,430 battles

I just completed the American Cruiser collection today.  I started getting duplicates after my third collection item.  I needed two more collection items and it took 14 containers to get the duplicates.

Edited by Amenhir

Members
1,068 posts
5,972 battles
9 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Over 1.6M credits so far.

Yeah, and with a 1 in 48 change of getting the right one each time, it might go a good bit higher!