You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WestPac_CG22

Collections: How do you...

9 comments in this topic

[NNA]
Members
202 posts
5,755 battles

So I just recently finished the American Cruiser collection. I somehow had the collection set so that whenever I got a container, it might throw in an item that I needed or a duplicate. I'd like to finish the Dunkirk collection without having to earn a bunch of coal to buy containers from the Arsenal,  but I can't seem to remember how to set the collection to actively collect from containers. Does anyone know how to do this? Have searched for info on the forum and the web, but could not find any instructions. Would appreciate any info available. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,321 battles

AFAIK you can only earn it from crates. One way to get a head start is to five-star Operation Dynamo (if you have the right kind of destroyer; British or any Allied, Tier VI-VII or Cossack) for the first time this year and I think that gets you three. Other than that, start grinding for coal.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLFC]
Members
226 posts
5,625 battles

As Ensign_Cthulhu mentioned, you can start the Dunkirk Collection by completing 4 Stars in Operation Dynamo.  That will give you 3 Crates.  After that, you should begin receiving them as additions in the Daily Containers.  I don't believe you have to turn on, i.e. "Subscribe" to the Dunkirk Collection to continue to receive them, once active ... the American Cruiser Collection was different, you could be subscribed or unsubscribed.  Following is some additional info on all of the collections.

Good luck!

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/gamestuff/all-about-collections/

[NNA]
Members
202 posts
5,755 battles

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

[-CIV-]
Members
247 posts
2,401 battles

Has WG ever said anything about collection crates being removed from Arsenal, or unavailable collections becoming available in Arsenal for a period of time? I'm close to finishing the Vive La France collection but am unsure if it makes more sense to save up the coal and decide later instead.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,321 battles
4 hours ago, yungpanda said:

Has WG ever said anything about collection crates being removed from Arsenal, or unavailable collections becoming available in Arsenal for a period of time? I'm close to finishing the Vive La France collection but am unsure if it makes more sense to save up the coal and decide later instead.

You're going to spend the coal at some point sooner or later, so you might as well get it out of the way now and have Jean-Jacques Honore available to you.

Mind you, a patch ago they dropped the container price from 12K to 5K (for a batch of five), accomplishing the savings by cutting back heavily on the flag and camo bonuses they offered. I think most people were fine with this, since they were only getting them for the collection pieces anyway, and that's one I'm glad I waited to finish!! (I had others to do first, so the necessary wait turned out to be beneficial there).

The only one I seriously thought they might remove was the Second Anniversary crates; it seemed logical that they might disappear when the Anniversary event was over. Fortunately they did not, and I was able to get the last one I needed to finish off; it meant I have a permacamo for the Monarch when/if I finally get her, which will make upkeep much less expensive and save me 3K doubloons in the process.

I have seen talk of getting the North Cape collection in the Arsenal (frosty camos for DoY and Scharnhorst).

The only one we won't be getting at all is High School Fleet, because the crossover licence expired at the end of August and all the HSF stuff had to be withdrawn from sale.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-CIV-]
Members
247 posts
2,401 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're going to spend the coal at some point sooner or later, so you might as well get it out of the way now and have Jean-Jacques Honore available to you.

Can't argue with that, even/especially with the drop in container price. :)

6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have seen talk of getting the North Cape collection in the Arsenal (frosty camos for DoY and Scharnhorst).

Ooh, going to keep my eyes peeled for that one. I hope the fact that the Second Anniversary crates are still offered is a sign that WG intends to keep as many of these collections avaiable as possible. More uses for coal and less fear-of-missing-out during events.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,321 battles
1 minute ago, yungpanda said:

More uses for coal and less fear-of-missing-out during events.

Just be aware that if you DO miss out in future, you could have quite a wait before the Arsenal features the items. I figure the gap will be proportional to the value of the item - JJ Honore does have special abilities, but most are fractional improvements only and anyone can grind a 10 point captain in six months. OTOH the Congratulatory camos in the Second Anniversary collection are Tier VIII permacamos for tech tree ships (except for New Orleans, because of her down-tiering in the US cruiser split), and have a nominal 3K doubloon value each (again, see exception for Tier VII NO).

On that score it's a surprise we haven't seen the North Cape containers yet, but maybe that's because there's no rush: their ultimate content literally has no value at all, as they are decorative camos for specific premium ships, with no additional in-game bonuses over the permacamos the ships are delivered with.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
3,853 battles

The only collections that drop from the normal daily containers are Halsey and Yamamoto (and HSF) collection items.

none of the other collections can be collected from daily containers.  For the others you have to get the crates from the arsenal if it exists.