You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

The One Side Benefit to the Legenday Module Grind

23 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

You get to play so much that you either become stupidly good playing...or quit in frustration.

It took me 64 games to do through the Gearing grind. Notser figured you can do it in 500 games in Coop. I did the "win 15 games portion in Coop." But the bots had gotten smarter! :Smile_izmena:

Dammit WG, I didn't want a challenge from the bots! I want them dumb as bricks from before!

The toughest part was the 40k base XP. I figured I needed 5k a day and I could do it in a week. But I wanted at least 1k base XP win or lose. I prefer winning to losing since it's less time. Some days it felt like more losing than winning. :Smile-angry:

So at the end I raised my W/R on the Gearing to 54.07% from 48% W/R. So I guess I became stupidly good. And the module is worth it.

So, if you want a legendary module choose carefully. The only thing that will be legendary otherwise is the grind.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,571 posts
7,466 battles

Congrats.

I'm still in the first stage of my Des Moines UU grind. I'm a co-op main and have been focusing on other grinds at the moment.

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

Congrats!

Got my second Legendary today! (Hindy) - First was Henri.

I like both modules and the reason I went for these two first (per Flamu's legendary video).

I'm also interested in Republique's, so it is now in Stage 5.

The rest are all at Stage 1 and some modules I will never use anyway so I do it for the loot in between and as you said, it is a good wait to get to know the ship.

[PVE]
Members
9,571 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, alexf24 said:

Congrats!

I like both modules and the reason I went for these two first (per Flamu's legendary video).

The rest are all at Stage 1 and some modules I will never use anyway so I do it for the loot in between and as you said, it is a good wait to get to know the ship.

If you want to see what the numbers do for each UU, you can check out the Master Thread for all the Unique Upgrade Threads. I did the math for all the modules in that slot, so you can more easily compare them.

• Cool 2

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
8 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Congrats!

Thanks.

Let's see I already have:

1. Gearing

2. Zao

3. Des Moines

4. Hindenbrug

5. Minotaur

Take break from the grind and look at the Henri later.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you want to see what the numbers do for each UU, you can check out the Master Thread for all the Unique Upgrade Threads. I did the math for all the modules in that slot, so you can more easily compare them

Thanks for that. I had to grind the others prior to Gearing blind to see how good they are.I found out that Zao and Hindi are great in CB/Ranked but the others, not so much.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,015 posts
8,240 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

You get to play so much that you either become stupidly good playing...or quit in frustration.

It took me 64 games to do through the Gearing grind. Notser figured you can do it in 500 games in Coop. I did the "win 15 games portion in Coop." But the bots had gotten smarter! :Smile_izmena:

Co-op wins count?

Well, might take advantage of that in Zao. Last 2 battles were blowout losses.

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles
8 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Co-op wins count?

Coop counts, just slower grind as usual.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Shoot - I have two - Yamato and Montana - both mounted. Takes a good number of games to get used to the slower turrets on the Yammy... Montana you get seen by more folks sooner.... now grinding for the GK's module... I thought I read somewhere it was the best module of the BB modules..

For me it sort of works out grinding on the tier X ships... cause I'm still doing the Bull Halsey campaign... getting close.. but man it has been a LONG grind. 

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,326 battles
1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

Congrats!

I would suggest not spending your time on Republiques, but already on stage 5? May as well.  Demounted the damn thing 3 times hoping to get it going.

Anyways, congrats and I agree that grinding them out rather than just whenever-ing them is probably best.  Haven’t decided which to chase now: a more used ship or a demonstrably more effective upgrade on a different ship?

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Co-op wins count?

Yeah, but the 4th stage is were it's most useful. "Win 15 games in Random, ranked or coop" Otherwise COOP takes longer. you get 500 XP average in Coop. of course, now the bots make it so you need tactics to win.

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

I'm slowly working my way through the Yamato module grind, although I don't play a lot these days and I'm pretty bummed that the missions don't apply to arms race. I'm still waiting for a Harugumo module since Harugumo is pretty much the only ship I play these days. 

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
10 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I'm slowly working my way through the Yamato module grind, although I don't play a lot these days and I'm pretty bummed that the missions don't apply to arms race. I'm still waiting for a Harugumo module since Harugumo is pretty much the only ship I play these days. 

If there is a Haragumo upgrade I want CA acceleration.

[INTEL]
Members
8,577 posts
25,666 battles

Congrats man! I am grinding out the Shim module, the others I don't really want. But doing it all in coop. Wonderful that you managed to raise your WR in T10 matches, that's hard to do, given what stupid collapsoid messes they are so often. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
609 posts
4,812 battles

congrats on completing it that fast. I aim to do each t10 per day as there is no rush. Some modules definitely seem interesting. 

[PSP]
Members
43 posts
9,362 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm still in the first stage of my Des Moines UU grind. I'm a co-op main and have been focusing on other grinds at the moment.

I finished my Des Moines UU grind a few weeks ago.  I was disappointed in it (the UU) and uninstalled it shortly afterwards.  Wished I hadn't spent the time on it.  It did improve my understanding of how to play the Des Moines. 

I'm working on my Hindenburg UU grind now - about 50% done. 

[PVE]
Members
9,571 posts
7,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Ken220_2016 said:

I finished my Des Moines UU grind a few weeks ago.  I was disappointed in it (the UU) and uninstalled it shortly afterwards.  Wished I hadn't spent the time on it.  It did improve my understanding of how to play the Des Moines. 

I'm working on my Hindenburg UU grind now - about 50% done. 

The Des Moines UU really shines when you pair it with the Propulsion mod 2 in slot four. It and the UU get your acceleration from 0-27 knots to 8 seconds instead of 21-27 sec. So if you are island humping, you can scoot out if something pops up to get you. 

[WOLFB]
Members
623 posts
22,311 battles

These are just my thoughts on the UU I have.

I have Yamato. and don't use it. The increase in accuracy does not overcome the slower reload (the UU takes the place of reload module) and the sloooooower turrets are a real issue. (if you think there slow now, they can and do get worse with the UU)

Hindy is a straight up upgrade, the flooding and fire advantage is well worth the UU....

DeMoines is don't use in random, may work in clan wars and ranked. Loss of range hurts the DM, If I want a short range faster reload set up I have Salem. The speed mod is so situational, while RANGE is gone all game long.  

Wooster (I have radar mod 1 so I have 48 sec radar with the UU) so I don't think the loss of concealment is worth a few more sec of radar. 

I will have Zao and Henry this week and look forward to having both of those UU.

[H_]
Members
786 posts

I've done both the IJN cruisers and destroyer LU and I'm not sure they are worth the time it took???   The Amagi has convinced me that grinding IJN BB's is not a value added activity......it's a senseless, frustrating, redundant and completely inane exercise; so much so, it's been put on-hold for forever.

We don't play tier 10 anyway but, I figured I do "all the normal stuff" and see if any of it makes a difference.  19 point CPT's, LU, ranked battles, all of the campaigns..........>?  OK......now what?

Kind of a let down....  And, now, now what, really means: now what is there to do?  This is kind of like "beating the story line in a single player" game and having to find another game for the same experience.  In some games you can change characters or skills and try again !  Not much of that here though.....ships are ships............

One side benefit of the LU grind?   Ah, to be honest, I'm not sure there is..........either you want to do the same thing over and over and over again or, you don't....getting better begs to ask the question: to do what?

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,109 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Congrats.

I have this one and although I didn't really care too much about grinding it I just earnt it from playing, whew boy is it powerful and useful. 

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
1 hour ago, fbrrhd said:

I have Yamato. and don't use it. The increase in accuracy does not overcome the slower reload (the UU takes the place of reload module) and the sloooooower turrets are a real issue. (if you think there slow now, they can and do get worse with the UU)

Yamato's turret traverse was buffed about 2 patches ago so that the turret traverse after the UU us the same as pre buff. The role now for the yamato is the low range sniper. You will be at a disadvatage in a turning brawl.

1 hour ago, fbrrhd said:

Hindy is a straight up upgrade, the flooding and fire advantage is well worth the UU....

Agrred.

1 hour ago, fbrrhd said:

DeMoines is don't use in random, may work in clan wars and ranked. Loss of range hurts the DM, If I want a short range faster reload set up I have Salem. The speed mod is so situational, while RANGE is gone all game long.  

It works for random when you need to warp around and island or sprint from one island to another, but the loss of range does not make it work for CB/Ranked.

1 hour ago, fbrrhd said:

Wooster (I have radar mod 1 so I have 48 sec radar with the UU) so I don't think the loss of concealment is worth a few more sec of radar. 

This one is when you hide behind an island and turn on the radar when the cap turns red.

1 hour ago, fbrrhd said:

I will have Zao and Henry this week and look forward to having both of those UU.

Zao is very good for CB/Ranked.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

I got GK's UU. So far, lost the game I used with it. I go for zombie build though... Rarely ever get to see the secondary increase come into play.