You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ashy_GB

First time for everything

9 comments in this topic

[-SF-]
Members
122 posts
2,379 battles

So for the first time in as long as I can remember, I actually ended up in a match which contained nothing but polite, fun people who had a laugh and actually complimented other people when they were killed with zero raging idiots. Who knew that was possible? I even had a BB apologise to me when I accidentally rammed his ship. 

First genuinely fun match I've had in a while. When did it become so rare to find a group of random players who were there to have a bit of fun and not rage like children? 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,657 posts
9,053 battles
28 minutes ago, Ashy_GB said:

So for the first time in as long as I can remember, I actually ended up in a match which contained nothing but polite, fun people who had a laugh and actually complimented other people when they were killed with zero raging idiots. Who knew that was possible? I even had a BB apologise to me when I accidentally rammed his ship. 

First genuinely fun match I've had in a while. When did it become so rare to find a group of random players who were there to have a bit of fun and not rage like children? 

They are actually very common but the loud mouthed whiners are what we remember and even in those matches ignore them and look at how everyone else is acting.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,657 posts
9,053 battles
6 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I see this close to 50% of the time. The last game I played in fact was this way.

I don't see it until I am dead, I have better things to do than try to follow chat when I am fighting.

[-SF-]
Members
122 posts
2,379 battles

Guess I just have bad luck in finding them, my last match ended with a shima mouthing off at everyone because he died storming the enemy :Smile_sceptic:

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
1 minute ago, Ashy_GB said:

Guess I just have bad luck in finding them, my last match ended with a shima mouthing off at everyone because he died storming the enemy :Smile_sceptic:

Shima's do have a rough time. 

I try my best to make the battles more lighthearted and fun. 

[-SF-]
Members
122 posts
2,379 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Shima's do have a rough time. 

I try my best to make the battles more lighthearted and fun. 

I wouldn't know to be fair but it would explain why the majority of them tend to be bad tempered. 

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
449 posts
1,962 battles

More and more games are either a) 'friendly' or b) totally silent, when you have the angry games it's because you've landed with those that are frustrated with how things have changed the past years. There are fewer and fewer of us that's been with the game since the beginning that play as much as we once did and more new people coming in thus the chances for getting said friendly and fully casual games should just further increase with time.

• Cool 1

[ENDVR]
Members
419 posts
5,330 battles
4 hours ago, Ashy_GB said:

If you ask nicely, I suppose i could throw out a few “git guds” or “L2Ships.”  You know, for sanity’s sake.

• Cool 1