Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PandaScheme

What line should i play?

11 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
456 battles

Herro there,

I have no idea what line I want to play!!

destroyers? got Clemson researched Nicholas, 

Cruisers? Pensacola and Cleveland, Furutaka

CV's? got Langley researched bouge, ryijo

BB's got Wyoming and myogi

I NEEDS HALPS

Note: I did not realize this is in the Public test section sorry.

Edited by PandaScheme
just realized that
  • Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

For a new player, battleships are pretty forgiving. I started out with battleships to learn the game and just never stopped!

American BBs are probably the most basic and easiest to learn. From there you can expand 

Spoken from a bb main

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
171 posts
3,640 battles

I actually started with a particular russian DD. I do have to agree that your best bet would probably be BBs.

Members
22 posts
821 battles

If you like sniping and one-shooting ships, go for BBs. They brawl very well. Just don't get focused fired (Like any ship) and avoid Destroyers.

If you like being stealthy and capping for your team, and sometimes going on high risk torp attacks on ships, go for a DD. Just make sure to know when to shoot or not.

If you want faster reload, being a general threat to planes and destroyers and possibly other cruisers, go for Cruiser. Some are good at spamming HE to burn stuff down.

CVs, I don't play them so I have no idea.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,040 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

If you like sniping and one-shooting ships, go for BBs. They brawl very well. Just don't get focused fired (Like any ship) and avoid Destroyers.

If you like being stealthy and capping for your team, and sometimes going on high risk torp attacks on ships, go for a DD. Just make sure to know when to shoot or not.

If you want faster reload, being a general threat to planes and destroyers and possibly other cruisers, go for Cruiser. Some are good at spamming HE to burn stuff down.

CVs, I don't play them so I have no idea.

Battleships or DD's are fine for stating out. CA's are less forgiving.

Members
22 posts
821 battles

For me, I started with a DD. Somehow I got the Kidd from a container so I started playing it. My stats are not the best but I learned a lot from playing it such as kiting (shooting at ships while running and dodging shells at the same time), playing as if you have no armour (rewarding to glass cannon cruisers), and other skills. So it is trickier with a DD but you learn more than using a BB if you plan to play cruiser.

Edited by Admiral_Bingo

Beta Testers
1,330 posts
3,591 battles
1 hour ago, PandaScheme said:

Herro there,

I have no idea what line I want to play!!

destroyers? got Clemson researched Nicholas, 

Cruisers? Pensacola and Cleveland, Furutaka

CV's? got Langley researched bouge, ryijo

BB's got Wyoming and myogi

I NEEDS HALPS

Note: I did not realize this is in the Public test section sorry.

Japanese battleships for the unique long-range playstyle or American battleships for bow on action your choice. yes i recommend either of these two to learn the basics

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,875 battles

Play cruisers. German or Japanese and learn to dodge, learn to use cover etc.

Battleships just encourage you to sail in straight lines and sit far back sniping(as a new player).

Don't play destroyers until you have mastered both cruisers, then battleships.

...and the guy who recommended a high tier DD to start with, should be ashamed of giving such bad advice.

Edited by _Rumple_

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

In response to all the advice to play Battleships:

You may find Battleships, with their slow speed and long reloads (30 seconds!!??) to be sort of boring (I do). Don't let that turn you off the game. Cruisers and Destroyers are much faster. I enjoy them more. So try them out too.

And also, I think Battleship play can be like Chess: if you think several moves ahead and you predict where the action is going to be, then you can make some devastating moves. So if you want to play BBs but are frustrated at being left behind, try to do that.

For example: Don't shoot at a ship that has almost no HP and is already under fire from the cruisers on your team -- that is a waste of all the damage you can do. Instead use your massive firepower to devastate the next enemy ship that needs to destroyed.

Don't just sail straight to where the enemy is and shoot at the first thing you see. Sail to where the battle is going to be and save your shots for a broadside target where you'll land more shells and score citadel damage.

(take all this with a grain of salt -- I almost never play Battleships. Destroyers and Light Cruisers are more fun.)

Sign in to follow this