Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Premium Tier X dd

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

149
[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,074 battles

Dear WG,

If you created a premium tier X DD that was like the khab with some nerfs rescended, I would pay millions of free XP or coal or steel or friggin stalindinium for it. 

Just sayin'

 

Let the beatings commence. *braces*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

It's here, a DD with great detectability, unreal long distance torps that you cant detect till they hit you and for kicks give it radar....

Yueyang, just buy the prem camo.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles
8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Free XP and T10 premium DDs seem to be conspicuously missing.    

Well, have I got a candidate for you! Friesland should make @mrieder79 happy too!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[PLPT]
Members
632 posts
6,810 battles

The Black has both smoke and radar which is the OP combination that got Belfast yanked. Too bad it’s only T9...

+1 for a Free XP DD.  We are clearly 3rd-class citizens in WG’s view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
160 posts
12,487 battles

Yea, but when I suggest a tier 10 Musashi I get tarred and feathered by every troll on the forums.

An unnerfed Khab would need a hit on something, like no heal option. (The original Khab doesn't have one.)

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
844
[SBS]
Members
2,464 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, n00bot said:

The Black has both smoke and radar which is the OP combination that got Belfast yanked. Too bad it’s only T9...

+1 for a Free XP DD.  We are clearly 3rd-class citizens in WG’s view.

Fair point about the Black.  Its been power crept by the pan Asian DDs, and you could never really compare it to the Belfast.

Just now, Lert said:

Well, have I got a candidate for you! Friesland should make @mrieder79 happy too!

I don't really care what we get as long as it a T10 at T9 and earns crazy bank, or its a T10 that power creeps every other T10 DD badly.  You know, like what the other ships types have gotten.  Seriously, I'd be okay with any free XP DD as long as it was balanced with the same bias of being strong, and a money maker as the other free XP ships.  A meh free XP DD would be another slap in the face.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,408
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,517 posts
4,416 battles
24 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Yea, but when I suggest a tier 10 Musashi I get tarred and feathered by every troll on the forums.

Because it was a badly thought out idea. You failed to make the case for the ship and answer the criticisms adequately. 

There's no conspiracy against you to hurt your feelings. You got a unanimous negative response because your proposal was bad. 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,917 posts
7,508 battles
2 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Because it was a badly thought out idea. You failed to make the case for the ship and answer the criticisms adequately. 

There's no conspiracy against you to hurt your feelings. You got a unanimous negative response because your proposal was bad. 

So much this. So very much this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,788
[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Well, have I got a candidate for you! Friesland should make @mrieder79 happy too!

Honestly, I can't agree, at least not at this point.  The last thing this game needs is a high tier FXP premium ship that's not part of an existing navy.  Heck, the Polish DD Blyskawisca is pain in the tush because it's not part of a large navy and you have to grind out all your commander's XP the hard way.  And can't use it as a trainer.

If and when there's a Pan-European tree, then I could see a good reason for this ship, but not yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,788
[SALVO]
Members
17,043 posts
17,674 battles
1 hour ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Yea, but when I suggest a tier 10 Musashi I get tarred and feathered by every troll on the forums.

An unnerfed Khab would need a hit on something, like no heal option. (The original Khab doesn't have one.)

So, everyone that disagrees with you is a troll?  Arrogant, much?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
160 posts
12,487 battles
5 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Because it was a badly thought out idea. You failed to make the case for the ship and answer the criticisms adequately. 

There's no conspiracy against you to hurt your feelings. You got a unanimous negative response because your proposal was bad. 

Oh don't worry about me, I won't be bothered by you or your posse. I simply want to point out that there exists a possibility for a secondary BB in the IJN line without compromising Yamato's optimal build.

But you believe differently, fine. I respect that. Chasing me to another thread to bash me some more, that's on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77
[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
234 posts
7,416 battles

Or we could just un-nerf the Khab... Haragumo / Worcester makes the nerfs unnecessary. Ships like those are ships the Khab was supposed to counter they are both slow or stationary with light shells.

Beyond that people have learned how to aim at them.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,326 battles
23 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Oh don't worry about me, I won't be bothered by you or your posse. I simply want to point out that there exists a possibility for a secondary BB in the IJN line without compromising Yamato's optimal build.

But you believe differently, fine. I respect that. Chasing me to another thread to bash me some more, that's on you.

This was a thread of interest where you decided to bring up the other.  Every non-secondary battleships has a possibility of having a secondary-suited sister ship, that does not mean they should show up.  It would be boring and compromise national flavors.  Those that exist now are exceptions and, thus, are exceptional.

Back to topic, despite my agreement on seeing a hole needing to be filled, I think I would feel better about seeing non premium T9 and T10 DDs. The premium would make me feel a bit uncomfortable on my team, much like used to be the case with Tirpitz.  I’d probably spend too much attentions looking for signs for or against reliability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,408
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,517 posts
4,416 battles
1 hour ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Oh don't worry about me, I won't be bothered by you or your posse. I simply want to point out that there exists a possibility for a secondary BB in the IJN line without compromising Yamato's optimal build.

But you believe differently, fine. I respect that. Chasing me to another thread to bash me some more, that's on you.

Hypocrite, have ever heard the phrase "pot calling the kettle black"? It was you who first went to an unrelated thread to cry about nobody agreeing with your bad idea. If you're going to publicly bash people who didn't agree with you as trolls, then expect those people to respond in kind in public.

A word of advice snowflake. There's comes a time when one has to stop digging their own grave. And you should just accept that it's time to drop it and instead think about why nobody at all agreed with you.

There are reasons why your proposal had zero support, and it's not because there was a conspiracy by 'trolls' to descend upon your thread.

My apologies to the OP for derailing.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,074 battles
2 hours ago, Troa_Barton said:

Or we could just un-nerf the Khab... Haragumo / Worcester makes the nerfs unnecessary. Ships like those are ships the Khab was supposed to counter they are both slow or stationary with light shells.

Beyond that people have learned how to aim at them.

I agree. They either need to un-nerf range or rudder shift. I understand the rudder shift was nerfed to reduce close-in effectiveness, but it also makes dodging shells harder. Plus with the new mega gunboats, I don't try to push as close anymore. Only crazy people charge harugumos. 

Still, she's pretty darn strong as is. I don't have any troubles, so a buff is really really unlikely. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
160 posts
12,487 battles
5 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Hypocrite, have ever heard the phrase "pot calling the kettle black"? It was you who first went to an unrelated thread to cry about nobody agreeing with your bad idea. If you're going to publicly bash people who didn't agree with you as trolls, then expect those people to respond in kind in public.

A word of advice snowflake. There's comes a time when one has to stop digging their own grave. And you should just accept that it's time to drop it and instead think about why nobody at all agreed with you.

There are reasons why your proposal had zero support, and it's not because there was a conspiracy by 'trolls' to descend upon your thread.

My apologies to the OP for derailing.

Did I call you out on this thread before you started posting here? Where did I specifically name you in that post?

Spoiler

Yea, but when I suggest a tier 10 Musashi I get tarred and feathered by every troll on the forums.

An unnerfed Khab would need a hit on something, like no heal option. (The original Khab doesn't have one.)

And no, I am not calling everyone a troll for disagreeing. But there are some clearly troll posts that don't offer anything constructive or reasoning.

5 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

There's comes a time when one has to stop digging their own grave. And you should just accept that it's time to drop it and instead think about why nobody at all agreed with you.

I'm not even arguing for my proposal in this thread anymore. I'm telling OP that some people don't like changes to high tier ships and trolls will pounce on disagreements and disputes. Did I ever mention on this thread that YOU specifically are wrong and should be silenced? You're putting yourself on such a high pedestal of righteousness that you have to tell everyone how right you were and how wrong I was. Who's being special now?

You came here, saw something you didn't like, and started to chastise me here. Fine, I'm wrong, your right. Feel good now?

Get over it. Yeah, I admit that most people didn't like my idea. So what? Am I wrong to make suggestions and assumptions about something that doesn't exist yet? 

Edited by AbyssAngkor
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,791
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles
13 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Free XP and T10 premium DDs seem to be conspicuously missing.    

So are Tier IX-X Premium CVs :Smile_popcorn:There is no shortage of Essex & Midway-class :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×