You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JonnyFreedom

Secondaries Killed friendly, I got a warning.

28 comments in this topic

[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles

How is it year 3 and secondaries are killing allies and we are getting penalized for it? My gunners must be from Planet Spaceballs

241a8079-fbb8-4754-8ac7-4a95c918ca00_thu

Edit:  I will submit a ticket with my replay and let them investigate.  My picture still applies to the gunners.

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,072 posts
8,161 battles

I think you should submit a ticket. Secondary friendly fire was removed in a patch over a year ago.  Secondaries don't fire if there is a driendly in the way.  Do you have a replay?  Sendi g thst with the ticket will help.

[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles
24 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I think you should submit a ticket. Secondary friendly fire was removed in a patch over a year ago.  Secondaries don't fire if there is a driendly in the way.  Do you have a replay?  Sendi g thst with the ticket will help.

I will do exactly that then.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,031 posts

Secondaries don't cause direct damage anymore, but I've had a few of mine set fires on friendlies.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
160 posts
12,589 battles

Were you too close, fired your main guns and clipped your teammate? It's impossible for secondaries to hurt friendlies, but then again, this isn't the first patch to screw things up.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
1 hour ago, JonnyFreedom said:

How is it year 3 and secondaries are killing allies and we are getting penalized for it? My gunners must be from Planet Spaceballs

26 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

Secondaries don't cause direct damage anymore, but I've had a few of mine set fires on friendlies.

Jonny, you must have hit him with your mains. Secondaries do not cause friendly damage nor can they start fires on friendlies anymore. The replay and screen shots would be a great help here but I am sure that it was your main guns that did the deed.

• Cool 1

[GN_BR]
Members
127 posts
4,729 battles

Does it really matter? So you are pink for a few games. It’s not like your account was suspended. Maybe being pink makes your teamates more attentive when you request support.

Members
9,992 posts
2 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Edit:  I will submit a ticket with my replay and let them investigate.  My picture still applies to the gunners.

Post with no proof...color me surprised....

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Yep, no different than claiming you were detonated with the flag up.

Members
9,992 posts
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Funny how that complaint has died out over the last year or so, did the no det over a certain percentage really make that much of a difference?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,209 posts
14,630 battles
17 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Remember the "WG Nerfed Missouri's accuracy!" threads months ago?  That was amazing because it was a mass hysteria.  The [edited] were so common in their claims of a stealth nerf, I could only laugh at them!  There was nothing wrong.  LWM even did a dispersion comparison and it was fine. 

WG uncharacteristically said they didn't do anything to the ship, but to shut the morons up, they did tests themselves and found nothing was wrong.  I loved those days!

This is why I keep coming to these boards.  It's great entertainment!

[TFLT]
Members
148 posts
9,149 battles

I used to have that happen all the time. Never since the patch that fixed it though.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
20 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Funny how that complaint has died out over the last year or so, did the no det over a certain percentage really make that much of a difference?

No it didn't but ever since the radar storm detonations seem to be forgotten at least for now. That is actually a bit unfortunate because I have the perfect comeback for the next detonation thread poster whining that it is nothing but RNG.

[HINON]
Members
9,055 posts

Could be that bug that says you killed someone with a weapon other than the one that actually did the damage. Like BBs supposedly killing someone via torpedo when that BB didn't carry torps etc. Why not post the replay here as we can verify it way faster than support and might save support time if it isnt a bug? You could also post a screenshot of the detailed after battle report which shows dmg done and that could help narrow it down.

Edited by RipNuN2

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
160 posts
12,589 battles
5 hours ago, awiggin said:

No need to put him down for asking a question. Why do players have to be toxic before being helpful?

OP might not have replay enabled or have a bugged result screen. Just let him know to pay attention before firing his main guns when close to an ally.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[R-F]
Members
782 posts
6,420 battles

I got killed by a secondary shot from an enemy ship that was fired at my ally who was about 2 km from me.  I had been undetected for quite some time.

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,028 battles

The moral of this thread is don’t get between a Bismarck and it’s prey... :fish_viking:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,209 posts
14,630 battles

Replays, "Detailed Report" from the end of the match showing you took team damage from Secondaries.  Or it didn't happen.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,149 posts
3,665 battles
11 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Remember the "WG Nerfed Missouri's accuracy!" threads months ago?  That was amazing because it was a mass hysteria.  The idiots were so common in their claims of a stealth nerf, I could only laugh at them!  There was nothing wrong.  LWM even did a dispersion comparison and it was fine. 

WG uncharacteristically said they didn't do anything to the ship, but to shut the morons up, they did tests themselves and found nothing was wrong.  I loved those days!

This is why I keep coming to these boards.  It's great entertainment!

A certain CC suggested it. But when people can't make an opinion of their own, they take others and run with it. There are people who still believe it happened.

[CAST]
Members
1,212 posts
7,407 battles
18 hours ago, awiggin said:

I think it did make a difference.  The biggest complaint was being detonated in a full health ship that had not even gotten to be in the battle.  Now, at least they got to battle.  Random detonations are still there, though.  You don't see them as often, which is good, but I was in a game a week ago where we lost 2 ships to detonations.  

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
21 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

No, they still fire even with a friendly ship in the way. The shells have been adjusted to do 0 damage if it hits a friendly ship.

[LOU1]
Members
3,072 posts
8,161 battles
45 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

No, they still fire even with a friendly ship in the way. The shells have been adjusted to do 0 damage if it hits a friendly ship.

Thought the patch notes said they were disabled and mine used to stop firing.  Haven’t paid attention lately to what my secondaries have been doing other than their damage/fire output.  Zero damage would be better because they could still fire and shells that pass through rigging could still damage the enemy.  And, you would still get the explosion on friendlies but with zero damage, like in Scenarios.