Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aeries1

PSA: Captain Retraining

8 comments in this topic

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

When you move a captain up the line into a new ship you have a couple of options to avoid spending doubloons on getting your captain retrained and back to 100% performance on his skills.

1.  Probably known already by most, but will state it anyway.  If you have a premium of the same line move the captain over to it and earn enough XP to retrain the captain then move him back to the ship he came from.

2.  Move captain up the line.  Spend the 200k credits to cut training by half.  Then click on your captain and hit the + button next to him.  Finish retraining using Elite Captain XP.  For this option to work you have to already have a 19 pt captain earning elite xp,  Voila fully trained.

Option 2............made me sag my head yesterday.  As long as I have been around I somehow some way did not know you could do this.  I'm not one to shy away on spending doubloons training and respeccing captains.  I like to tinker with silly builds.  Full AA build with Manual AAA FuryTaco.  Check.  Why.  Just cause.

Spending doubloons to tinker is one thing.  Wasting them when I didn't need to is another.  Figure if I didn't know there is bound to be another vet or non-vet that didn't know either.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers.

Edited by Aeries1
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,312 posts
4,256 battles
8 minutes ago, Aeries1 said:

I like to tinker with silly builds.  Full AA build with Manual AAA FuryTaco.  Check.  Why.  Just cause.

Do you have a premium ship you can put him in that can make use of the build? Or put him into one of the Japanese Destroyer Gunboats? At least then it won't be entirely wasted.

PS: What was it like in battle?

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Do you have a premium ship you can put him in that can make use of the build? Or put him into one of the Japanese Destroyer Gunboats? At least then it won't be entirely wasted.

PS: What was it like in battle?

Only premium IJN cruiser I have is Takeo and it's AA is meh.  I just took my 19pt high tier captain and respecced and retrained him just for fun and testing, nothing more really.

It was fair.  In a tier where cruiser AA is still pretty weak and CV vets love to go to club seals I think my highest plane kill game was 25 or so.  Not too shabby.

Now if you want a meme T5 AA cruiser go all in on Kirov.  Working on that one right now.  Has nearly double the AA power of any other tier 5 cruiser in its 7.2 km outer ring.

Correction:  I checked, was exactly 20 planes.

Edited by Aeries1
  • Cool 1

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
1 minute ago, pyantoryng said:

You *can* finish retraining with elite EXP?

Yes indeedy.  Free XP as well, though I doubt most would want to go that route.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
20 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

You *can* finish retraining with elite EXP?

Let me just make sure I am clear.

Elite Captain XP, yes.

Elite Ship XP, no.

There is a difference.  The only use for elite ship xp is using doubloons to convert elite ship xp to free xp.

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

So...uh...I totally knew that...and definitely haven't been grumbling about an inability to use elite exp on the one thing I really want to use it for..nope, no way.  

I was thinking about buying Kirov or K-berg back, actually...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts
3,660 battles

I think you can finish the retrain with free xp that is actually freed up from a ship.

I do know for sure that you can use it to train up additional points.  It should work for retraining as well.

edit : Just verified.  You can use free xp to complete retraining.  The one caveat is that if you have elite captain's xp, it will pull from there first.

Edited by Captain_Slattery

Sign in to follow this