Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

RNGesus showeth no mercy.

6 comments in this topic

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

While I haven't had the chance to play since the update, I have watched my friends and clanmates struggle to get the RN DDs through grinding the missions and buying the crates. Many have only recieved the tier 5 and 6 destroyers. However, in case you were one of the afforementioned individuals from whom RNGesus hath taken away, rest assured knowing that he giveth all to my father. My dad, who is a complete casual player (45% wr) and didnt even know the event is happening, just sent me a video on snapchat of him opening 5 free containers that he had bought in the arsenal. He got the tier 6, 7, and 8 missions right then and there, all back to back and in order. So, next time you fruitlessly open those RN crates, just know that there are casual players who are getting more rewarded than you are "because it's just RNG and that's how it goes."

This system is seriously dumb. 

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,529 posts
4,416 battles
15 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

No. It's seriously smart on WG's part.

Ultimately they are a business, and they've likely made a killing with their glorified slot machine.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
6,312 posts
4,256 battles
3 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

My dad, who is a complete casual player (45% wr) and didnt even know the event is happening, just sent me a video on snapchat of him opening 5 free containers that he had bought in the arsenal. He got the tier 6, 7, and 8 missions right then and there, all back to back and in order. So, next time you fruitlessly open those RN crates, just know that there are casual players who are getting more rewarded than you are "because it's just RNG and that's how it goes."

This system is NOT seriously dumb. You know you're getting your hands on these ships eventually. 

It's the casual players who need the encouragement to become hardcore. I'm glad for your dad's success. Envious, naturally (I would like to get a T7 or T8 unlock before they stop becoming available). But I am happy for him.

Just because he or anyone else is a casual player does not mean they are any less deserving than the hardcore 24/7 unicums who live on an adrenaline drip and take just enough time away to change clothes and shower. I hope your luck changes soon.

• Cool 1

[FART]
Members
100 posts
4,729 battles

Hell I'd just like to get ONE of the missions. I'm 30 containers in now, and haven't received a single one.

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
371 posts
8,183 battles

Sounds like the OP is envious of his dad.

OP, Time for a 5-minute pity party.

[DPI]
Members
30 posts
5 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

No. It's seriously smart on WG's part.

Ultimately they are a business, and they've likely made a killing with their glorified slot machine.

Well they are not making any money anymore from me because of this system. Why would I buy Containers in the Premium Store when in my experience I just don't get lucky with that RNG.

Sure you can say the camo's and flags are worth the $ you spend and the mission is just a bonus. But since I usually don't need extra camos and flags I personally would only reconsider buying containers again, if there was some sort of hard cap that ensure's that at least in 1 of X containers there is 1 Mission or special Item. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this