You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Wigglespank

October missions: How to earn extra rewards for completing all directives?

24 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

I see the October missions have been posted and we'll be able to earn extra stuff, including Guineas, for completing all of the directives each week. Sounds pretty good, as I could certainly use those extra Guineas to get the Cossack.

Problem is, one of the directives is a mission which can only be completed with tier 7+ Brit DD's. Seems the only options to complete them is to luck into a DD dropping from an earnable crate, buy more crates in hopes of a DD dropping, or buy the Cossack.

There are several threads & YT vids about the low drop rates for these ships, and I'm damn sure not going to buy the very tier 8 DD that I'm trying to earn with Guineas.

Am I missing something? How the hell else are we supposed to finish these missions and earn the extra rewards?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
252 posts
4,407 battles

you don't have to do every mission, to complete the directive & get the associated guinea

you can skip the DD mission(s), complete all the others, and the directive will be completed

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,475 battles

I bought Cossack, for a very simple reason.

Doubloons.

I'm going to buy more of them at some point anyway, and when I *earn* Cossack, since I already have her in port, I'll get her value in doubloons. In the end, I'll have spent about $3.00 extra, compared to just buying that quantity of doubloons from the premium store, and I spend more than that on coffee most days. 

So, for that ~$3.00 or so, I'll have ensured that I can complete every mission regardless of whether or not I've got a British T7+ destroyer to use, plus I get to have a lot of fun playing Cossack, and in the end I'll have a bunch of doubloons that I'd have eventually bought anyway.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles
6 minutes ago, Bear_82 said:

you don't have to do every mission, to complete the directive & get the associated guinea

you can skip the DD mission(s), complete all the others, and the directive will be completed

I see. I read that as "finish all missions in the directives". If it's simply finish the four directives, then there's no problem... other than the one mission.

[PVE]
Members
5,660 posts
18,248 battles
5 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

I bought Cossack, for a very simple reason.

Doubloons.

I'm going to buy more of them at some point anyway, and when I *earn* Cossack, since I already have her in port, I'll get her value in doubloons. In the end, I'll have spent about $3.00 extra, compared to just buying that quantity of doubloons from the premium store, and I spend more than that on coffee most days. 

So, for that ~$3.00 or so, I'll have ensured that I can complete every mission regardless of whether or not I've got a British T7+ destroyer to use, plus I get to have a lot of fun playing Cossack, and in the end I'll have a bunch of doubloons that I'd have eventually bought anyway.

I did the same thing Rusty because I can use her to finish every mission. I figure for $40 I get the Cossack and 9600 doubloons so it seemed like a good deal. Add to that the ability to farm every reward, it seemed to make sense. It really has helped me get every available crate and finally got all three of the UK DD missions so it was a big help. Since I also own Warspite and Gallant, I plan on getting both of those with sovereigns. I stupidly bought some crates to get extras because I wanted the Dunkirk captain as well and wanted to ensure I had enough sovereigns to get all three prizes. I should have read thru the missions, would have had plenty without spending the 15 bucks on the crates...

When the event ends I should have close to 20k in doubloons, the Cossack, Dunkirk captain, three other British DDs, 4 port slots, and all the other goodies associated with the missions. Seems a good haul IMHO. 

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,158 battles
6 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

There are several threads & YT vids about the low drop rates for these ships, and I'm damn sure not going to buy the very tier 8 DD that I'm trying to earn with Guineas.

And yet the last YT video from WG on this said the drop rate for the RN DD's was "very high".  "Very high" is what you need to be in order to believe that.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
680 posts
5,152 battles

I finally got 2 DD missions to drop, Acasta and Icarus.  No sight of the T7 DD mission.  If WG is under the impression that these are a high drop rate; I would like to know what drop they are comparing it to, so as to believe it is high.  I know people who after completing all 8 available tasks has had no DD mission drop.

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,158 battles
10 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

I would like to know what drop they are comparing it to, so as to believe it is high.

Probably to the likelihood of getting a "Super" container in game that drops a Kami R.  

Members
1,084 posts
6,023 battles
9 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I see the October missions have been posted and we'll be able to earn extra stuff, including Guineas, for completing all of the directives each week. Sounds pretty good, as I could certainly use those extra Guineas to get the Cossack.

Problem is, one of the directives is a mission which can only be completed with tier 7+ Brit DD's. Seems the only options to complete them is to luck into a DD dropping from an earnable crate, buy more crates in hopes of a DD dropping, or buy the Cossack.

Am I missing something? How the hell else are we supposed to finish these missions and earn the extra rewards?

Read it carefully.

It is not extra stuff. It is the cumulative stuff you will get as the regular rewards, IF you complete ALL of the RN mission in the given week.

A similar thread was raised last month over the September daily missions.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,660 posts
18,248 battles

I bought 5 crates and got no missions from them. I have earned all the free crates available in the event so far and have gotten all three missions as of yesterday. I guess the odds are good if you open enough crates..... 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles
50 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Read it carefully.

It is not extra stuff. It is the cumulative stuff you will get as the regular rewards, IF you complete ALL of the RN mission in the given week.

A similar thread was raised last month over the September daily missions.

That looks to be the case. Seems I completely misunderstood every aspect of that article.

I'd like to blame it on drinking, but I was sober as could be.

Members
1,084 posts
6,023 battles
10 hours ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

That looks to be the case. Seems I completely misunderstood every aspect of that article.

I'd like to blame it on drinking, but I was sober as could be.

Back dir the September mission it was worded even worse. It isn't all your fault.

[TRW]
Members
17 posts
5,631 battles

Maybe someone needs to explain the math to me here.  You get 1 GUINEAS if you complete the stage, which means you can earn up to 4 per week.  (I only got 2 the first week because I was not paying attention).  So the event is on till I believe 11/13 (since 11/13 is the last day you can use sovereigns) so that means 24 GUINEAS are up for grabs.  (so in my case that brings me up to max 30 GUINEAS meaning I'd need to purchase 20 to get the Cossack which would be $19.96.  (which I am ok with).  How do you figure you "earn" the Cossack thru play to pay out doubloons on 12/11...  You would need to find a way to earn 50 GUINEAS, but there is only 32 total up for grabs - am I right?  There is no guarantee that WoW will have an event from 11/13 to 12/11 to earn the remaining 18 GUINEAS.

What am I missing?

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,097 battles
19 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I did the same thing Rusty because I can use her to finish every mission. I figure for $40 I get the Cossack and 9600 doubloons so it seemed like a good deal. Add to that the ability to farm every reward, it seemed to make sense. It really has helped me get every available crate and finally got all three of the UK DD missions so it was a big help. Since I also own Warspite and Gallant, I plan on getting both of those with sovereigns. I stupidly bought some crates to get extras because I wanted the Dunkirk captain as well and wanted to ensure I had enough sovereigns to get all three prizes. I should have read thru the missions, would have had plenty without spending the 15 bucks on the crates...

When the event ends I should have close to 20k in doubloons, the Cossack, Dunkirk captain, three other British DDs, 4 port slots, and all the other goodies associated with the missions. Seems a good haul IMHO. 

Those extra missions are a definite tease … 

Buying the Cossack is the surefire way to go, but I felt I was being manipulated into buying the Cossack

So, being stubborn and enjoying the gamble I bought 20 crates and have the Lightning, which I prefer with no grind and some extra sovereigns, flags, etc.

Or, you can do neither and sweat it out which is not my idea of an enjoyable experience - if I need a second job, I'll get one that pays :)

Whichever way you go, make sure to buy the X10 guineas for 99 cents deal to get the Cossack in game and avoid screwups

[PVE]
Members
5,660 posts
18,248 battles
3 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

Those extra missions are a definite tease … 

Buying the Cossack is the surefire way to go, but I felt I was being manipulated into buying the Cossack

So, being stubborn and enjoying the gamble I bought 20 crates and have the Lightning, which I prefer with no grind and some extra sovereigns, flags, etc.

Or, you can do neither and sweat it out which is not my idea of an enjoyable experience - if I need a second job, I'll get one that pays :)

Whichever way you go, make sure to buy the X10 guineas for 99 cents deal to get the Cossack in game and avoid screwups

Well tease maybe, definitely a inducement to buy it... I agree, the 10 guineas for a buck is a no brainer for sure. One reason I wanted the extras you got with the Cossack was a few of those were crates and wanted more sovereigns and the extra oil... Before I bought Cossack, I blew money on 5 crates and got nada. However I did manage to get three of the UK DD missions, the Acosta, Jervis, and whatever the tier 6 one is called.. I forget... 

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,158 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

whatever the tier 6 one is called.. I forget... 

Icarus

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,660 posts
18,248 battles
10 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Icarus

Thanks Zardoz. Am old and my mind is crap... 

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,158 battles
11 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Thanks Zardoz. Am old and my mind is crap... 

Who are you again?  AND GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles
4 hours ago, Stampineer said:

Maybe someone needs to explain the math to me here.  You get 1 GUINEAS if you complete the stage, which means you can earn up to 4 per week.  (I only got 2 the first week because I was not paying attention).  So the event is on till I believe 11/13 (since 11/13 is the last day you can use sovereigns) so that means 24 GUINEAS are up for grabs.  (so in my case that brings me up to max 30 GUINEAS meaning I'd need to purchase 20 to get the Cossack which would be $19.96.  (which I am ok with).  How do you figure you "earn" the Cossack thru play to pay out doubloons on 12/11...  You would need to find a way to earn 50 GUINEAS, but there is only 32 total up for grabs - am I right?  There is no guarantee that WoW will have an event from 11/13 to 12/11 to earn the remaining 18 GUINEAS.

What am I missing?

The event last twelve weeks.  There are four directives per week, so four guineas.  4*12=48

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
252 posts
4,407 battles
6 hours ago, Stampineer said:

What am I missing?

As @Amenhir said above, event runs 12 weeks, 4 guineas per week, with the possibility to earn 48 guineas from ingame directives

Since the Cossack requires 50 guineas, you'll need to purchase some. Go to the premium store webpage (not ingame), login, go to specials tab, and scroll down to find the 10-pack of guineas for $0.99, same price as just one guinea

Unknown how long that special will be in the store, so best to get it while you can. With up to 8 more guineas than will be needed, that allows you to miss a few directives, as @Stampineer did, and still get the Cossack for less than a buck

Also, you can only purchase this special once per account, and only for yourself. So you can't login with alt account(s), and gift it to your main account multiple times, to get the Cossack right away for next to nothing. Not that I tried, or anything . . .

[TRW]
Members
17 posts
5,631 battles

Thanks @Bear_82 - you are right.  I didn't see it at first but then I realized I wasn't logged in..... nice!

Edited by Stampineer