Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

It must be DD Nite this weekend

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

335
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,963 battles

shot-18_09.29_20_10.50-0978.thumb.jpg.e0ba0e915d5250a18da9729ed7a67140.jpg

 

Good news since there there was only 1 radar CA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

Not possible. Radar has killed high tier DD play ever since the USN CA split remember...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles

Yeah weekends you see extra DDs and CVs to try and rise above the bad teams you get, and then some of the clueless players try it as well and get crushed because they see good players trying to do it without realizing. :Smile_teethhappy:

Honestly though if some of the infamous weekend players used BBs equipped with secondary guns and good AA they would likely do a little better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,427 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah weekends you see extra DDs and CVs to try and rise above the bad teams you get, and then some of the clueless players try it as well and get crushed because they see good players trying to do it without realizing. :Smile_teethhappy:

Honestly though if some of the infamous weekend players used BBs equipped with secondary guns and good AA they would likely do a little better.

 

 

I love it when the weekend players bring out BBs. I've had 3 krakens today because of them. :fish_viking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,268
[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
1 minute ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

 

I love it when the weekend players bring out BBs. I've had 3 krakens today because of them. :fish_viking:

Lol hence the reason I specified Secondaries and AA since as long as they don’t use the manual versions they will automatically spit fire at ships and planes. Plus with the increased HP pools of BBs in theory they might stay alive a little longer and even prove to be of some use to their teams.

And their mistakes will not be as costly as the ones DDs or CVs can cause for their teams. Faced Saipan tonight in my Hiryu and it was one of the easiest battles I had because they allowed me to easily strafe them every single encounter and my fighters were very active in interception patrols. Enemy CV was able to really do any harm to my Allied ships either.

As far as DDs go you can imagine how a careless DD can create havoc in battles.... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,427 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol hence the reason I specified Secondaries and AA since as long as they don’t use the manual versions they will automatically spit fire at ships and planes. Plus with the increased HP pools of BBs in theory they might stay alive a little longer and even prove to be of some use to their teams.

And their mistakes will not be as costly as the ones DDs or CVs can cause for their teams. Faced Saipan tonight in my Hiryu and it was one of the easiest battles I had because they allowed me to easily strafe them every single encounter and my fighters were very active in interception patrols. Enemy CV was able to really do any harm to my Allied ships either.

As far as DDs go you can imagine how a careless DD can create havoc in battles.... lol

 

honestly, yeah, I can. I got screwed on one kill in my first Kamikaze kraken. Should have been a dev strike on a Caesar from 5.6-5.7 or so, but a weekend warrior in an isokaze jumped in front of me and started firing his guns. blocked my torp shot and--worse--alerted the guy that there was danger. Few minutes later Caesar's down to 660 hp (he turned away from the DD threat and went broadside on to our BBs) and that @#$%@#$%@#$^ Isokaze is lining up for another gunshot on him. Being a petty and spiteful sort of guy who had his guns pointed more or less in the right direction, I didn't let him have it. And oh, wasn't he pissy about me stealing his kill. :cap_book:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×