You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

You're the Sole T8 BB..Top Tier

11 comments in this topic

[REEF]
[REEF]
Beta Testers
637 posts
8,060 battles

Okay, so what's your point or question?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Betcha both of them have threads complaining about tier 8 matchmaking

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,529 posts
4,416 battles

I don't get it. Is this a gloating and smug thread?

Top tier doesn't mean one has to be top at the end. We all have crap matches when top. And a great thing about WoWs is that even bottom tiers can decide games, and are rewarded more for beating up higher tiers than vice versa.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,451 posts
11,762 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

...no T7 BBs...in a T6 rich match.

shot-18_09.29_20_07.37-0122.thumb.jpg.d819321ac428aaccc0c26bd1334526b3.jpg

You have garnered fame and now get targeted....

Or it could be red team knows how good an Amagi is...

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,844 posts
13,062 battles
3 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Betcha both of them have threads complaining about tier 8 matchmaking

Yeah,  my main point is we have thread after thread after thread about being a T8 and getting up tiered to T10.  I just thought it interesting to be in a match with two alpha dog T8 BBs where the next biggest alpha was a T6 BB.  No other 
T8 and no other T7...BBs.  And, for the most part, mostly T6 ships.And when all was said and done, the alpha dogs didn't fair too well.

As for the Amagi, he beached himself on an island in the back and just sat there most of the match.  I accidentally came across a DD flanking to get around and torp the Amagi.  Probably saved his butt.  Wasn't planned that way, as I wasn't looking for a DD, but found him nonetheless.  DD retreated...and the Amagi decided being beached-static wasn't a good idea, and started to advance.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,113 posts
14,519 battles

The Amagi in particular on the OP's team is the the greatest fail.

Tirpitz is the only other Tier VIII BB and she can't fight worth a d*mn at range.

3 New Mexicos for Amagi's powerful 410mm guns to smash?  It should have been a shooting range for her.

The DDs on the OP's team seem to have done well enough and the opposing DDs looked like they had a terrible time.  So it's not like the red DDs were torping the sh*t out of them, so Amagi should have been fine.

Carriers are a hard counter for Amagi, and there's none to be found.

This is the kind of match that Tier VIII BBs dream of.  To come up with 940 XPs on the winning team with Amagi in such a case is missing a golden opportunity for stat-padding against seals.

The Tirpitz I can see struggling if it can't get close to brawl like German BBs are good at, but judging by the way his DDs did, he probably couldn't push.  Meanwhile, an Amagi had no need to get up close like German BBs do.  This is as perfect of a lineup that a range oriented BB with Amagi's speed can hope for.

But GG by the OP's Farragut.  Handling business while a bottom tier DD.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway