Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
thepigeonmaster

reward open water battle

17 comments in this topic

[CYPHR]
[CYPHR]
Members
125 posts
8,715 battles

so i have been on WOWs  for 3 years now and in those years the game play changed

but now it just stuped at times

WG made the arms race but not alot of players play it the reward is to low for them

the game in the weekends and some week days  is like this

border humping teams (includes the side and back border)

Island camping ( thats ships that sits at a Island and never move's from it ) 

sniping bb (even those who can't hitt a salvo at long range)

no scouting ( the dd that won't move up to scout in between of ca or even the bb line)

no team play the only team play u see in the divisions

my sugestion is this 

a reward or achievment for open water kills or a total number damage ( 30k or so)

so its more interesting go move in and fight insted of camp on the border a Island or in the back

its just a sugjestion if u have a better one post it  trolles are not needed in here

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

The game has gone through several iterations adding carrots and removing sticks to force ships to fight closer.

• Removed scaling repair cost based on damage.
  • Increased accuracy at close/medium range for battleships.
  • Improve secondary weapon capabilities, accuracy, and range.
  • Add in ships designed to break blockades and stalemates.
  • Adding in experience and tracking for damage tanked.

None of this has helped. People don't want to fight in the middle. You could probably put doubloons in a cap point and people would refuse to go in there.

[-WPG-]
Members
801 posts
3,334 battles

Why do you hate paragraphs?  Pretty incoherent.  But it seems the gist is a reward for not having an island nearby when you get a kill.  How about no. 

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Awards similar to WoT's "Fire for Effect" (do your own HP in damage) or "Steel Wall" (block X amount of damage), when adapted to WoWS, can be very helpful for promoting this kind of up-and-at'em play.

Also, I do think that OWSF needs to come back, at least in a limited form.

[LF]
Members
114 posts
3 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

OWSF

Ok, another not obvious acronym. Translation please?

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, n5bar said:

Ok, another not obvious acronym. Translation please?

Open-water stealth fire.

I personally think that it should be brought back in a limited fashion; as in, the detectability bloom should perhaps extend to roughly 75% of the difference between detection range and max gun range

[SYN]
Members
4,543 posts
11,437 battles

It's the majority of map designs, especially high tier.  More than anything else the increasing preponderance of islands and land masses only encourage and enable campy play.  You routinely see half the team or more swarm to the nearest landmass to huddle and park.  Shards, Sleeping Giant, the Okinawa based map, etc.

I understand the need to make maps interesting but why does WG keep insisting on stuffing the maps full of islands and mountains?  Like filling a box with rocks.

Ocean.  You never see camping there.  Some don't like it (I love Ocean, BTW) but everyone keeps moving.  You stop, you die.

[REEF]
[REEF]
Beta Testers
637 posts
8,058 battles

Well, I love to mix it up at close range!  So, I like arms race, it's fun to drive in and blast away at close range.  That is what is so fun about the lower tiers, you can get up close and personal and have a slug-fest, especially in BB's.  That's one reason I love Co-Op, the game starts and it's full steam ahead right down the enemy teams gullet then it's who can get their torps to hit and get lots of citadels to win the bloody brawls!

Really it's all about having fun and not worrying about the outcome!  :Smile_playing:

[FGNE]
Members
432 posts
728 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Why do you hate paragraphs?  Pretty incoherent.  But it seems the gist is a reward for not having an island nearby when you get a kill.  How about no. 

I hate the middle because Torpedo's destroy me.  BB's should take significantly less damage, but their range should also be severely decreased.  14km guns and thick tanky armor to go up the slot.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,387 battles

Ghost Dog Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...Captain Ghostdog, Skip and Chief Butkuss care not how the game has changed. We train our new pups that board our ship on all aspects that may come before us. We sail our ship every night howling and barking. 

• Funny 2

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles

You can give as many incentives as you want to stop players from being useless but it will never work. Even at the highest tiers of ranked this happens frequently. If steel and dubloons are not enough of an incentive to get these people to play as a team then nothing will be. 

Members
963 posts
7,153 battles
3 hours ago, Compassghost said:

None of this has helped. People don't want to fight in the middle. You could probably put doubloons in a cap point and people would refuse to go in there.

But people do fight in the middle in low tiers. Go into any t5 or lower battle and you'll see a close to mid range brawl. It doesn't happen in high tier cause the moment you push up your ship gets dev struck out from under you. The problem isn't player behavior it's game design. Ships are too lethal at high tiers which makes people risk averse. 

Edited by Rouxi

Members
1,154 posts
6,917 battles
3 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Open-water stealth fire.

I personally think that it should be brought back in a limited fashion; as in, the detectability bloom should perhaps extend to roughly 75% of the difference between detection range and max gun range

I am glad they got rid of OWSF and hope it never comes back. 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
3,925 battles
10 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

I understand the need to make maps interesting but why does WG keep insisting on stuffing the maps full of islands and mountains?  

Ummmm... because for all intents and purposes, WoWS is a port and reskin of WoT. They just filled some of the maps with water and reskinned your little tanks to look like boats. 

The dependency on concealment and use/exploitation of terrain should be a big give away.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,015 posts
8,240 battles

Campfest is popular precisely because offensive growth in tiers leaves defensive in the dirt. HE spam (helped by RN BB and French cruisers) is another deterrent. Many people have learned that rushing in just about any tier gets half the reds focusing you down. The excuses for not being aggressive are many, but IMHO they come down to a few simple things:

1) DDs complain about support not pushing a cap. Without help, the radar CRs can spot them and the poor DDs become easy targets. See #2 and 3.

2) CRs complain about DDs not taking caps and BBs not tanking. See #1 and 3.

3) BBs complain about DDs not spotting and CRs not keeping the DDs away. See #1 and 2.

My observation is there's a lot more complaining than doing. Instead of attempting to coordinate a push (easy as "I'm gonna try cap B, can I get some support pls?"), they just wait for next irritating event to begin whining.

So I'll ask this: How do you persuade players addicted to whining to work as a team? They don't.

[DANKY]
Members
498 posts
1,618 battles

Open water rewards coordinated fleet actions, which is obviously hard to pull off in random. Actual naval doctrine helps more there than on any other map. Islands make it far easier to pull off a great solo game by giving so many more chances for a smart player to use different game mechanics and a poor player to make a mistake.

Personally I think Ocean would be a great clan battle mode, with larger teams and a wider map. See how these digital battle boats handle something like an actual fleet engagemet. 

Sign in to follow this