Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
neptunes_wrath

KITAKAZI CAPT SKILLS...

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,311 posts
501 battles
9 hours ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

now THAT is a full of advice post if I ever saw one....THank you for all the reading I know have to do LOL

Bq5IZS5.gif

Members
1,311 posts
501 battles
4 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

Get Tactical Genius and Master of Strategy. Without it, your captain is dead in the water. With it, you can't lose.

perhaps I missed something.... but I have to ask....

Members
519 posts
2,377 battles

Dead in the water. Everyone plays this game every man for himself. And every 2 bit cruiser or dd can burn a battleship down.

Members
1,311 posts
501 battles
Just now, 44_percenter said:

Dead in the water. Everyone plays this game every man for himself. And every 2 bit cruiser or dd can burn a battleship down.

what Are you referring to in your other post...

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,020 posts
3,500 battles

Priority Target over Preventative Maintenance. It'll let you know when it is time to silence your guns, allowing you to stay alive just that much longer. Preventative Maintenance does reduce the chances of your engines and steering going down, but Last Stand has you covered in those departments anyway.

1-Point: PT
2-Point: LS and AR/EM <---You either take Adrenaline Rush, or Expert Marksman, both can be of help.
3-Point: Your Choice of two; SE, SI, DE, BFT
4-point: CE and IFHE

If you take Basic Firing Training, then I recommend Survivability Expert along side it. You can even be daring, and only take 1 3-point skill too, if you wish. In that case:

1-Point: PT, PM
2-POint: LS. AR, and EM
3-Point: your choice of 1; SE, SI, DE, BFT
4-Point: CE and IFHE

[HEROS]
Members
1,426 posts
11,973 battles

yep, definitely one way to go about doing it.

But there are other options too. All of then require an adjustment to play style play style.

I'm not the best player but my build works for me, and it can be a great deal of fun.   SO here you goo all my nasty little secrets! 

Ship: Kitakaze  (build type, Battle Destroyer.. same principle as a battle cruiser.  What it can't kill, it can run away from, and anything fast nuff to catch it, may want to think twice about that!)

Upgrade modules:  

Slot 1:   Main Armaments Upgrade 1 (keeping the important stuff intact!)

Slot 2:   Engine Boost Modification 1  (run away run away, or run in run in, your choice, but isn't it nice to be able to do it for 270 seconds instead of 180 seconds)

Slot 3:    AA Guns Mod 2 (your still not going to kill a lot of aircraft, but you will kill some!)

Slot 4:   Propulsion Mod 2  (get up to speed from your chosen parking stall  that much sooner)

Slot 5:  Target Acquisition Module:  Controversial and considered a useless module by many,  But it really helps in this bit of pig of a ship to see the incoming torps that much sooner, and to spot concealed ship that much sooner and it's real handy for dealing with opposing DD's in smoke with that +50% to assured spotting distance.. Cruisers too for that matter.  It's much easier to shoot and hit what you can see then what you can not.

Slot 6:  Gun Fire Control System 2 (oh that gun range.. yea the shells float for ever...but thats ok.  Being able to shoot and hit targets out to 17.3 Km is an easy sell for me! Remember that rate of fire on the 100mm guns.. Quantity has a quality all it own!  Death of 1000 paper cuts!  Nasty!

Commander skills:

1 point: Preventive Maintenance;   Damaged module are bad!  You don't have that many of them, and they are all essential so loosing once is generally pretty noticeable)

2 point: Expert Marksman;  The turrets all ready traverse fast but, but faster doesn't hurt 

Adrenaline rush;  The Mongo effect,  no no, don't wound him, you'll just make him angry!

Last Stand;  If I were doing all this right and were so awesome I'd never need it.   Yea, right.

3 Point:  Superintendent;    I hate running out of consumables, and it still happens even running the premiums.

4 Point:  Advanced Fire Control;  Gun range pure and simple.

Radio Position Finding;   I hate being snuck up on, and it's always better to know when your being hunted because then you can turn it around on the hunter.  And when your doing the hunting, it can be quite handy even if the hunted knows they are being hunted.  Those that hunt me tend to find torpedos chucked at them at odd moments. I like to think it keeps them on their toes..

Notes:

Yep, no BFT..and no concealment buff other then the cammo.   More often then not if your acting to support your team in a ship specifically set up for long range fire max concealment jsut isn't essential.     My surface detect in this build with paint is 7.3 Km which still beats any cruiser and BB out there, and other then a torpedo shot, or the lucky magazine hit those are the ship that CAN kill me with a single salvo.  I am honestly more concerned with cruisers then I am with DD's. I'm  an accurate shot, and it's not going to be very often that any other DD that catches me is getting a free kill.  Not even the might Khab.

No IFHE.  I really don't need to have it.  With the buff to the 100mm HE pen there is only a 3 or 4 ships out there that are immune to HE penetration.  On the other hand, HE is about setting fire and knocking out modules.  And if my chosen range of engagement is 13 Km or better.. well at that range the pen of my AP rounds against ship upper works starts going back up instead of dropping as the rounds start transitioning  to falling shot and pick up a velocity boost from gravity.  At that point it's not just superstructure that starts getting penned but decks also.  At 15 Km my AP pen  exceeds 50mm and damage start to climb fast.  Even the mighty Grosser Kurfurst and Yamato is going to feel it. And any cruiser I start landing rounds on.  And I'm still faster then them.. As long as I got map room I can keep the range open.  

Of course things don't always go my way, and for any number of reasons I can't fight the battle that I want to fight, the way I want to fight it.   That's the breaks.. you do the best you can.  

Every build has it up side and down side.  I choose to have a build that's about reaching way out to punish Cruisers and BB's at range because most players don't like getting any closer then they have to anyway, so why not build to take advantage of that?  They shoot back..Kitakaze is a large target for a DD..and thats why you have a smoke dispenser. Cease fire, cut the throttle,pop smoke,turn away and re-position.  And yet, with the TAM, and RPF I can still hunt other DD's, heard them away from the big boys on my team, and keep myself between them and friendlies..  Build and commander skills determine ones tactics. Whats works what doesn't, and this build is tuned to how I like to play and it is more flexible then it seems.   LIke any DD, the most important player skill to develop is to know when to stick and know when to run.  Module pick and commander skills just enhance or not what you all ready have at hand.   (and yea, I'm still working on the stick or run bit... always will too!) 

Warlord sends

[MIA-A]
Members
2,096 posts
6,729 battles

3 hours ago, enderland07 said:

@DoIphin_Princess you almost convinced me to fxp straight to the kitikaze with that post :D

Ok, you did. Not a bad first battle (granted it was Arms Race, but still). Only have 16/19 points too...

image.thumb.png.21c00ea89849d18659020899817d5cb3.png

Edited by enderland07

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,824 posts
9,566 battles

IFHE is not mandatory, not before, and especially not after the buff.

Here is my captain build for all 3.

1. PT

2. AR, LS

3. SE, BFT

4. RPF, CE

The AP is fantastic. Learn when to use it and reap the damage numbers. 56%+ winrate in all 3. This was my last game in the Gumo.

mVhSolM.jpg

Yea, "only" 87,000. I was a little busy dealing with their Daring.

wEUYg6R.jpg

They did a grand total of 4k and change worth of damage to me.

• Bad 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,831 posts
4,724 battles

Speed on the guns...everything else is secondary. 

[NG-NL]
Members
5,013 posts
8,240 battles

Warlord describes what is a battle-cruiser approach to Kitakaze. Thing is I've not seen it used effectively yet. Most of the Akizuki/Kita/Gumo I've encountered play like stealth DPM DDs.

For captains skill, as I understand it, if you run AR and the MBM3, then don't take BFT. Diminishing returns.

It's going to be interesting whether Akizuki/Kitakaze/Harugumo can run viable AA builds come CV rework. I saw an AA akizuki fight off an entire Ranger bombing run by himself, and my Akizuki will drop red planes without warning, and only AA buff I got on her is the AA range module.

Members
1,311 posts
501 battles
17 hours ago, Reymu said:

Warlord describes what is a battle-cruiser approach to Kitakaze. Thing is I've not seen it used effectively yet. Most of the Akizuki/Kita/Gumo I've encountered play like stealth DPM DDs.

For captains skill, as I understand it, if you run AR and the MBM3, then don't take BFT. Diminishing returns.

It's going to be interesting whether Akizuki/Kitakaze/Harugumo can run viable AA builds come CV rework. I saw an AA akizuki fight off an entire Ranger bombing run by himself, and my Akizuki will drop red planes without warning, and only AA buff I got on her is the AA range module.

the only DD I LOVE more for melting planes besides my mostly AAA spec'd FLetcher is my mostly AAA spec'd Akizuki.... 

and now I have a lot more to read and see about trying out..
Thanks to you guys so far

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Sign in to follow this