Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Quick list for good legendary upgrades?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

Does one exist? just got my first... boy I didn't feel legendary, more like Sluggish, like a wet sponge.....

See the source image
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,459
[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
3 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Does one exist? just got my first... boy I didn't feel legendary, more like Sluggish, like a wet sponge.....

See the source image
 

Did your ship really needed to be more overpowered then the tier 8s you regularly sail with?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

Did your ship really needed to be more overpowered then the tier 8s you regularly sail with?

well, it felt like a tier 8 ship with the upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,459
[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
1 minute ago, APA_204 said:

well, it felt like a tier 8 ship with the upgrade. 

Great, now make your own legend and send the vid to Jingles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Okay, uh... Which one do you have? "It sucks" isn't terribly specific.

That said, people seem to like the Yamato one, Hindenburg's with a survival build turns her into a monster tank of a cruiser, and Hakuryu's is a flat-out upgrade without question.

Looking at Worcester's, I personally don't think I'll mount it. Extra duration on ALL consumables is nice, but not worth concealment mod. Republique's is another I'd avoid. Extra RoF is nice, but in exchange for a QUARTER of your effective range and 13% traverse speed? No thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
39 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Does one exist? just got my first... boy I didn't feel legendary, more like Sluggish, like a wet sponge.....


 

Here is a list of the Unique Upgrades with the math done to show you what they do to the numbers.

 

The Unique Upgrades are for providing an alternate play style and are balanced so that they are not overpowered. The goal, as stated by WG, is to have a ship with an Unique Upgrade be balanced vs a ship without an Unique Upgrade.

 

 

Edited by Kizarvexis
snipped the pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[-VT-]
Members
337 posts
6,659 battles
42 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Okay, uh... Which one do you have? "It sucks" isn't terribly specific.

That said, people seem to like the Yamato one, Hindenburg's with a survival build turns her into a monster tank of a cruiser, and Hakuryu's is a flat-out upgrade without question.

Looking at Worcester's, I personally don't think I'll mount it. Extra duration on ALL consumables is nice, but not worth concealment mod. Republique's is another I'd avoid. Extra RoF is nice, but in exchange for a QUARTER of your effective range and 13% traverse speed? No thanks.

The traverse speed is not an issue, since it replaces the reload mod that has the same 13% penalty to traverse speed.  Basically you gain about -2 secs to your reload for a penalty of 7km off of your range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
1 minute ago, DemonGod3 said:

The traverse speed is not an issue, since it replaces the reload mod that has the same 13% penalty to traverse speed.  Basically you gain about -2 secs to your reload for a penalty of 7km off of your range.

I'll still take the reload mod. 7km is longer than some detection ranges, that's not a distance to sneeze at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[-VT-]
Members
337 posts
6,659 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

I'll still take the reload mod. 7km is longer than some detection ranges, that's not a distance to sneeze at.

Ya, basically go from around a 26km range to a 19km one, still workable but could be a pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
10 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

The traverse speed is not an issue, since it replaces the reload mod that has the same 13% penalty to traverse speed.  Basically you gain about -2 secs to your reload for a penalty of 7km off of your range.

8 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I'll still take the reload mod. 7km is longer than some detection ranges, that's not a distance to sneeze at.

6 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

Ya, basically go from around a 26km range to a 19km one, still workable but could be a pain.


I'm confused. Which UU are y'all talking about?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm confused. Which UU are y'all talking about?

Republique. Turn your battleship into a heavy machinegun at the cost of 24% of your range!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
6 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Republique. Turn your battleship into a heavy machinegun at the cost of 24% of your range!

Ah, so you get a 19.7s reload at 19.8km. You are giving up 6.3km of range for -4.3 seconds in reload.  You have the same traverse nerf as the reload module. Unless you really, really want the fastest firing guns and you don't like shooting at range, I would take the other upgrades over the UU. But if you are going to push and want fast guns when you do, then the UU might be for you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×