Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Decisions, decisions.

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

429
[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts

I've got a bit over 200,000 Elite XP sitting around, and several choices of where to spend it:

Dallas with an 11 point captain nearly to 12.

Lyon, with a 15 pointer 3/4 of the way to 16- and 3 unused points.  (being groomed for Alsace)

Minsk with 14 3/4 points;  and

Myoko with 12 and 2 unused.

I've also got a 14 pointer in Alsace that's going into Martel whenever I get around to it.

  How shall I spend em??

I have 2 19 pointers- one in Des Moines, the other getting shared between Missou; Alabama and Nor Cal.   So there's no problem getting more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles

Always to the one with the most points. I have my Leander captain at 15 points and have 640,000 elite XP. I need at least another 380,000 elite XP to get him to 19. Hang on until you have enough to go clean to the top at 19 without dipping into your free XP bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,680
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,839 posts
11,534 battles

I wouldn't waste it on tech tree ships, just save it up for one of the FXP ships or one of the upcoming ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
[-WPG-]
Members
802 posts
3,352 battles

Save it until you can get the Dallas to 14 points for IFHE.  I have two 19-point captains, too, but outside if clan battles takes a while to build back up to 200k. 

And remember the Mogami needs IFHE, too, so assuming you have concealement as your first 10 point skill you might need some elite xp to get to 14 pts on your IJN cruiser captain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts
17 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Save it until you can get the Dallas to 14 points for IFHE.  I have two 19-point captains, too, but outside if clan battles takes a while to build back up to 200k. 

And remember the Mogami needs IFHE, too, so assuming you have concealement as your first 10 point skill you might need some elite xp to get to 14 pts on your IJN cruiser captain. 

  I already respecced Dallas for IFHE.   CE is less valuable in Co-op than it is in Randoms/Ranked- the bots know where you are anyway, lol.    I was thinking of using it on that one, as I think I'm going to grind this line next.    Myoko has been an on again/off again grind for a long time, lol   Not a bad little bote, but I want Helena and Worcester more than I want Mogami and Zao.

  Also, the second pair of Froggie ships should have read ALGERIE, not Alsace, lol.

  A couple more I just found.  I'm re-familiarizing myself with my tier 5's in preparation for Ranked, and Nicholas needs a boost BAD.  It's only got 7 points, lol.   Very effective lollibote, and I love playing it- but I keep stealing it's captains for other things...

Krispy Kritter and Oktober  both have low pointers, too.  Krispy/Svietlanas is at 13 1/3, and Oktober's is at 11.  Koney only has a 6 pointer!!

Krispy's has BFT, IFHE; Last Stand, and PM.

Texas will get my 19 point BB captain,  and I may just put DM's 19 pointer in Marblehead.  (Omaha lost it's captain to Dallas, and I've got nothing to replace it.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
14 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  I already respecced Dallas for IFHE.   CE is less valuable in Co-op than it is in Randoms/Ranked- the bots know where you are anyway, lol.    I was thinking of using it on that one, as I think I'm going to grind this line next.    Myoko has been an on again/off again grind for a long time, lol   Not a bad little bote, but I want Helena and Worcester more than I want Mogami and Zao.

  Also, the second pair of Froggie ships should have read ALGERIE, not Alsace, lol.

  A couple more I just found.  I'm re-familiarizing myself with my tier 5's in preparation for Ranked, and Nicholas needs a boost BAD.  It's only got 7 points, lol.   Very effective lollibote, and I love playing it- but I keep stealing it's captains for other things...

Krispy Kritter and Oktober  both have low pointers, too.  Krispy/Svietlanas is at 13 1/3, and Oktober's is at 11.  Koney only has a 6 pointer!!

Krispy's has BFT, IFHE; Last Stand, and PM.

Texas will get my 19 point BB captain,  and I may just put DM's 19 pointer in Marblehead.  (Omaha lost it's captain to Dallas, and I've got nothing to replace it.)

190k or so will get your 7pt Nicholas to 11pts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

190k or so will get your 7pt Nicholas to 11pts

  Too bad we can't play Monaghan in the next ranked- to REALLY troll CV players, lol!    "G'head, hover that fighter squadron over my DD- see what happens to it!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles

Yeah, with the B hull, the Monaghan puts out some nice mid-range DPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[WOLF2]
Members
1,329 posts
13,061 battles
1 hour ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Always to the one with the most points. I have my Leander captain at 15 points and have 640,000 elite XP. I need at least another 380,000 elite XP to get him to 19. Hang on until you have enough to go clean to the top at 19 without dipping into your free XP bank.

This is the best answer,

you want to get your next captain to 19 points as soon as possible and put him on a ship that you play often

The more active 19 point captains, the more elite xp you generate -  a multiplier effect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
4 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

This is the best answer,

you want to get your next captain to 19 points as soon as possible and put him on a ship that you play often

The more active 19 point captains, the more elite xp you generate -  a multiplier effect

Well, if you are playing some mid-tier ships, spending it to get them to 10+ points can make the grind a WHOLE lot easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[WOLF2]
Members
1,329 posts
13,061 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, if you are playing some mid-tier ships, spending it to get them to 10+ points can make the grind a WHOLE lot easier.

Yeah, a few comm xp to get you over the top here and there is always good too o7

Just bank most of it for the next 19 pt captain 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles

I have 21 19 point Captains. Go with the ship/captain you like to play most first and then farm the rewards out to the others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[WOLF3]
Members
6,417 posts
2,387 battles
2 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Dallas with an 11 point captain nearly to 12.

I'm not sure what you mean by these options. 

You mean FXP to Dallas, then spend FXP to raise the captain's skills?

  • Yes, FXP the ship IF it doesn't cost much - are you trying to avoid playing Omaha altogether?  FXP to the Omaha C hull and try it.  It's not a bad bote at all.
  • NO, don't waste FXP on commander points.  It's way to easy to accomplish the same with maxed camo and signals. Or the EXCP that you already have and can get.
  • Remember that you still need the Credits to buy the ship and upgrades.

IMO, just hang onto your FXP.  200K isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things.  I'm sitting on 800K+ and bleeding off a little here and there to shorten a grind.  When I spend a large chunk it will be on something truly significant.


I thought I edited this, but never mind.  See below.

 

Edited by iDuckman
Started over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I'm not sure what you mean by these options. 

You mean FXP to Dallas, then spend FXP to raise the captain's skills?

  • Yes, FXP the ship IF it doesn't cost much - are you trying to avoid playing Omaha altogether?  FXP to the Omaha C hull and try it.  It's not a bad bote at all.
  • NO, don't waste FXP on commander points.  It's way to easy to accomplish the same with maxed camo and signals. Or the EXCP that you already have and can get.
  • Remember that you still need the Credits to buy the ship and upgrades.

IMO, just hang onto your FXP.  200K isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things.  I'm sitting on 800K+ and bleeding off a little here and there to shorten a grind.  When I spend a large chunk it will be on something truly significant.

 

He has 200k of Elite Cmdr XP, re-check the first post. :)

 

So he can raise the Dallas' 11pt commmander to 12pts with ECXP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts
Just now, iDuckman said:

I'm not sure what you mean by these options. 

You mean FXP to Dallas, then spend FXP to raise the captain's skills?

  • Yes, FXP the ship IF it doesn't cost much - are you trying to avoid playing Omaha altogether?  FXP to the Omaha C hull and try it.  It's not a bad bote at all.
  • NO, don't waste FXP on commander points.  It's way to easy to accomplish the same with maxed camo and signals. Or the EXCP that you already have and can get.
  • Remember that you still need the Credits to buy the ship and upgrades.

IMO, just hang onto your FXP.  200K isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things.  I'm sitting on 800K+ and bleeding off a little here and there to shorten a grind.  When I spend a large chunk it will be on something truly significant.

 

  No, I have Dallas with an almost 12 point captain.  And 204k  Elite XP.    As for free xp, I'm sitting on 2.7 million of them, lol.    92.3 million credits, too.

  I was just trying to decide which captain to boost first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[WOLF3]
Members
6,417 posts
2,387 battles
2 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I've got a bit over 200,000 Elite XP sitting around, and several choices of where to spend it:

You mean ECXP?  That's not something that we can answer without looking at your current skills and desired skills. 

For instance, if a commander (on e.g. Dallas) has is IFHE and 12 points, I will gladly boost him to 14 to add CE.  But we can't tell you that based on what you've described.

 

Edited by iDuckman
This was supposed to be post #13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[WOLF3]
Members
6,417 posts
2,387 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

He has 200k of Elite Cmdr XP, re-check the first post. :)

 

So he can raise the Dallas' 11pt commmander to 12pts with ECXP.

You're too quick.  Response edited.  See above.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[WOLF3]
Members
6,417 posts
2,387 battles
1 minute ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  No, I have Dallas with an almost 12 point captain.  And 204k  Elite XP.    As for free xp, I'm sitting on 2.7 million of them, lol.    92.3 million credits, too.

  I was just trying to decide which captain to boost first.

As I say, we can't help based on just what you've told us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

You're too quick.  Response edited.  See above.

 

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

You mean ECXP?  That's not something that we can answer without looking at your current skills and desired skills. 

For instance, if a commander (on e.g. Dallas) has is IFHE and 12 points, I will gladly boost him to 14 to add CE.  But we can't tell you that based on what you've described.

 

  Dallas has IFHE; Demo expert;  Adrenaline rush, and preventative maintenance.   I'm 19k shy of getting my 12th point.     I think I'm going to go for AFT/BFT for the AA, as this captn is going to get moved on up the line- and I like killing planes.   (it annoys me to no end when those dorks won't leave you alone.)

I think Nicholas probably needs them the most currently, as I intend to play it in Ranked next season.  That only has Priority Target;  Last Stand, and BFT on it.  *likely to be re-specced to PM; LS; BFT.   And a single unused point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×