You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
So_lt_Goes

Thanks for the free DD's!

38 comments in this topic

[ICE9]
Members
836 posts

So "missions accomplished!" Got all 3 Brit DD missions from earned and arsenal crates (bought with sovs from the earned crates).

Jervis was the one I really wanted, since Tier 7 is my new happy place. I was going to grind Icarus if I had to, but no need now. Easy peasy. Free as in beer.

I'm going to put some effort into learning the Jervis. Might move J. D. (not the whiskey or Hill Street detective...) from Gallant to give her a nice 19-point skipper.

Thanks WG!

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,061 posts
8,148 battles

Hate to say it, but if you want all of them there is one left to go.  (I really like the Jervis, too):

"Apart from their usual contents, the containers can also include a combat mission with a chance to obtain one of the following ships:   V Acasta;   VI Icarus;   VII Jervis; and   VIII Lightning."

Edited by ExploratorOne

[ICE9]
Members
836 posts
14 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Hate to say it, but if you want all of them there is one left to go.  (I really like the Jervis, too):

"Apart from their usual contents, the containers can also include a combat mission with a chance to obtain one of the following ships:   V Acasta;   VI Icarus;   VII Jervis; and   VIII Lightning."

No worries, mate. Doubt I'll ever buy or grind another T8. I've got plenty of T10's already should the need for a high-tier ship arise.

Like I said, T7 is my comfort zone, my sunny well-cultivated potato field. :cat_cool:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
5 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I HAVE YET TO GET ONE..... starting to think I will never get any

Still half the patch of RN containers to go.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
55 posts
2,275 battles
14 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I didn't have any until today.

Earned 5 containers today and have now got Icarus and almost completed Acasta.

Edited by mulafasi

[ANZ4C]
Members
127 posts
4,037 battles
15 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Same here, though I do have a Gallant that I got in a Christmas crate.

Edited by BlindAF

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
24 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I got the Acasta but that still leaves me out in the cold for completing the RN DD missions that require tier 7 or 8. :Smile_sad: Those should be bonus missions that only appear if the player has a tier 7 or 8.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I got the Acasta but that still leaves me out in the cold for completing the RN DD missions that require tier 7 or 8. :Smile_sad: Those should be bonus missions that only appear if the player has a tier 7 or 8.

It's no different than any other tier gated mission. ARP ships, T10 Super containers, T7 Operations, etc, etc, etc.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's no different than any other tier gated mission. ARP ships, T10 Super containers, T7 Operations, etc, etc, etc.

I don't remember having missions that could not be completed in a new line arc. This is basically forcing unlucky players to fork over at least $43 for the Cossack. Like I said they should be a bonus mission.

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles
25 minutes ago, mulafasi said:

I didn't have any until today.

Earned 5 containers today and have now got Icarus and almost completed Acasta.

I have opened more than 24 Containers I think.....

esOCHMR.gif

• Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't remember having missions that could not be completed in a new line arc. This is basically forcing unlucky players to fork over at least $43 for the Cossack. Like I said they should be a bonus mission.

It is a bonus mission. You can complete every directive without any UK DDs.

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles

I GOT IT I FINALLY GOT THE ACASTA..... and ow I realize that I should not have been all that concerned that I didnt get it sooner.....

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
21 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

It is a bonus mission. You can complete every directive without any UK DDs.

It should be tagged as a bonus mission then. I know you don't have to do them to complete that weeks missions but the way they are presented they look like they are required. I still say that since they are not required they shouldn't even be visible unless the player has a ship that can accomplish the mission.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
38 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It should be tagged as a bonus mission then. I know you don't have to do them to complete that weeks missions but the way they are presented they look like they are required. I still say that since they are not required they shouldn't even be visible unless the player has a ship that can accomplish the mission.

For the 5 Mission Directives, you only need to complete 3 Missions to complete the Directive. For the 6 Mission Directives, you only need to complete 4 Missions to complete the Directive.  For the 7 Mission Directives, you only need to complete 5 Missions to complete the Directive. It's right there at the top when you start a Directive.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
36 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

For the 5 Mission Directives, you only need to complete 3 Missions to complete the Directive. For the 6 Mission Directives, you only need to complete 4 Missions to complete the Directive.  For the 7 Mission Directives, you only need to complete 5 Missions to complete the Directive. It's right there at the top when you start a Directive.

True but you have to complete all of one of the weeks sets to get into the Hall of Fame and the sooner you get that full completion the sooner you can work on earning points to climb towards the top there.

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but you have to complete all of one of the weeks sets to get into the Hall of Fame and the sooner you get that full completion the sooner you can work on earning points to climb towards the top there.

You only need to complete the four Directives to start getting HoF points. You do not have to complete every Mission.

[POP]
Members
173 posts
5,362 battles

So, are the British DDs premium?  They have the gold ring and the additional upgrades just needed to be mounted, not researched or bought.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You only need to complete the four Directives to start getting HoF points. You do not have to complete every Mission.

I didn't start getting them until I completely finished the first weeks set. I am not worried about doing well in the hall of fame anyway and haven't even made it into the second to lowest level.

1 minute ago, Carniolan said:

So, are the British DDs premium?  They have the gold ring and the additional upgrades just needed to be mounted, not researched or bought.

Temporary premiums until the full line drops so have the captain you want on them before that or they will automatically be trained to that ship.

Members
321 posts
9,478 battles

I have enough XP on the Jervis to walk right into the Lightning upon release, so of course in the last crate today I got the Lightning

I am certain my RNG has Aids

Edited by Gary_P
  • Funny 1

[AAA]
Members
438 posts
5,475 battles

Got lucky and got Lighting on the first day. Got 100k xp on her. So hoping to walk into the Jutland when the next patch drops. Do like having a t8 for the easy directives requiring a t7-8 Rn dd