You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Radical_20

Will the 4 DDs become part of the research tree?

10 comments in this topic

Members
120 posts
6,525 battles

Question. What will happen to the four (4) RN DDs (Acasta, Icarus, Jervis, Lightning) when the RN DD line goes live?

Right now, they designated as premium ships. Will the Premium designation go away and they become part of the research tree? Or will they stay premiums?

Any body know?

Also, any rough estimates as to when the RN DD line will become live?

[VVV]
Members
359 posts
2,271 battles
5 minutes ago, Radical_20 said:

Will the Premium designation go away and they become part of the research tree?

Yep, they'll be just like regular ships.

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,773 battles

They will become regular ships. The XP earned on them will stay. The captain point earned will stay with the captains.

Whatever ships you got are yours to keep and you will be grinding from there on to the next one in the line, using the XP already in place.

The RN DDs should be available in the tree sometime in mid October (0.7.11).

Edited by alexf24

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
3 hours ago, alexf24 said:

The RN DDs should be available in the tree sometime in mid October (0.7.11).

0.7.10 is when they've been stated for release.

With all the XP I've been getting on the Jervis I should have the Lightning fully researched when the tree comes out, if RNGsus doesn't grant me it before then that is.

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,773 battles
4 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

0.7.10 is when they've been stated for release.

With all the XP I've been getting on the Jervis I should have the Lightning fully researched when the tree comes out, if RNGsus doesn't grant me it before then that is.

0.7.10 is even better.

I have Jervis and am almost to the Lighting purchase price. Will be past it by release date.

[V_KNG]
Members
560 posts
8,732 battles

I'm at Lightning and almost enough to buy Jutland - My question is will the captain Auto Train to the ship or will I have to train him? I'm running a spare Emerald captain on it currently. 

[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,478 battles
On 9/29/2018 at 3:34 PM, Radical_20 said:

Question. What will happen to the four (4) RN DDs (Acasta, Icarus, Jervis, Lightning) when the RN DD line goes live?

Right now, they designated as premium ships. Will the Premium designation go away and they become part of the research tree? Or will they stay premiums?

Any body know?

Also, any rough estimates as to when the RN DD line will become live?

As others have said, the early access DDs become regular tech tree ships when the line goes live. Patch 7.10 on October 17th is when the line is supposed to go live. 

8 hours ago, Pete_Darling said:

I'm at Lightning and almost enough to buy Jutland - My question is will the captain Auto Train to the ship or will I have to train him? I'm running a spare Emerald captain on it currently. 

Captains will need to be retrained according to the patch notes.

This was what was in the Wiki before patch 7.9 dropped and the wiki was scoured of a lot of UK DD info. I figure the final XP numbers will be somewhere around this. This does not include B Hulls, Fire Control and/or torp modules to grind up from stock, so you will need more than this to jump from one tier to the other.

T2 Medea - 650 XP

T3 Valkyrie - 2,150XP

T4 Wakeful - 6,000 XP

T5 Acasta - 11,500 XP

T6 Icarus - 36,000 XP

T7 Jervis - 65,000 XP

T8 Lightning - 112,000 XP

T9 Jutland - 165,000 XP

T10 Daring - 240,000 XP

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
84 posts
3,577 battles

So....probably a dumb question, but if we received any of the 4 DDs, do we get to keep them once the British DD line is released in the next release?

[PVE]
Members
9,797 posts
7,478 battles
3 hours ago, strykerpsg said:

So....probably a dumb question, but if we received any of the 4 DDs, do we get to keep them once the British DD line is released in the next release?

Yes. They become regular tech tree ships once the line is released. You can grind on from there and start grinding the lower tiers at the same time. Any XP you grind now stays, but you can not research the next ship until the full line drops.