You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
neptunes_wrath

those tier ten ship "personal" mission

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,326 posts
501 battles

so I have five tier ten ship "personal" missions to get HEAVY upgrades...
Has anybody finished one yet?? they last til December and so fay I am barely through the first PHASE on all of them and was not so much worried about the grind because i feel i will never do them due to the time ONE of the ships would I have to devote for it... but was just wondering if anyone got though one...

• Bad 1

Members
706 posts

some are saying the date is only a placeholder that will removed at some point, much like the "XP boost" personal mission when you get some premium ships which once had an expiration date no longer have them.

Members
1,299 posts
21,047 battles

I think you're talking about those "legendary" upgrades?  Word is the end date is due to computer limitations, and that they are to last indefinitely, and will be extended through next year.   Just like the Missouri was here to "stay" (wink, wink).

I have the Yammy and Hindenburg upgrades.  The others I'm working on casually and not grinding.

• Funny 1

Members
1,326 posts
501 battles
2 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I think you're talking about those "legendary" upgrades?  Word is the end date is due to computer limitations, and that they are to last indefinitely, and will be extended through next year.   Just like the Missouri was here to "stay" (wink, wink).

I have the Yammy and Hindenburg upgrades.  The others I'm working on casually and not grinding.

the hindy is a heal correct??? is it actually "LEGENDARY" ?  lol

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,244 posts
1,822 battles
11 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

the hindy is a heal correct??? is it actually "LEGENDARY" ?  lol

I thought the Hindenburg one was the one that made if almost fireproof.

[PVE]
Members
9,618 posts
7,466 battles

They were called Legendary before release, but now have the name Unique Upgrades.

@b101uk and @slokill_1 are correct that the Devs have said that the Dec 31st, 2018 date is a place holder and it will be reset then.

2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I thought the Hindenburg one was the one that made if almost fireproof.

Yes, the Hindenburg UU greatly reduces fire times. Here is a look at the numbers.

Here are all the UU upgrade numbers.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,103 posts
53 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

so I have five tier ten ship "personal" missions to get HEAVY upgrades...
Has anybody finished one yet?? they last til December and so fay I am barely through the first PHASE on all of them and was not so much worried about the grind because i feel i will never do them due to the time ONE of the ships would I have to devote for it... but was just wondering if anyone got though one...

Supposedly the date will reset after the 1st of the year, and yeah, I have them for Yamato, Zao, Shimakaze, and Z-52. Des MOines is currently suffering through the Hell of 40K base xp.

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles

I'm almost done Conqueror legendary mission when I did some research and the upgrade is totally not worth getting. The biggest gain is rudder shift which does little since the ship has such a large turning circle.
You give up the best BB concealment in tier 9-10. 
I'm not going to bother with Shima either since the sacrifice isn't worth it for that ship. Do your research. I know there are some ships that benefit like Yamato.

[PVE]
Members
9,618 posts
7,466 battles
14 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm almost done Conqueror legendary mission when I did some research and the upgrade is totally not worth getting. The biggest gain is rudder shift which does little since the ship has such a large turning circle.
You give up the best BB concealment in tier 9-10. 
I'm not going to bother with Shima either since the sacrifice isn't worth it for that ship. Do your research. I know there are some ships that benefit like Yamato.

Yeah, if you want better concealment, then the Conq UU is not for you. If you don't mind losing 1.4km in stealth, you can offset the -13% turret traverse nerf in the slot 6 reload, with the UU +13% turret traverse buff and get some faster rudder shift as a bonus.

Edited by Kizarvexis