19 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
5,163 battles

It's been over a year since I've had to wear pink in this game.  Now twice in one week I'm getting shellacked by the Pink because of [edited] penalties and situations I cannot control.

First my game crashes.  Three battles until I'm no longer pink.  The next day WoWS gives free camo because the client is messed up and this happens to, like, everyone...

Then I'm playing in a low tier match (Derzki, I'll never leave you and your ten second torp reload...) and some buffoon drags me halfway across the map AND I GET PENALIZED AND END UP PINK.  What in the everloving HELL are they thinking???

Stop penalizing players that aren't [edited].

(I've checked, I'm definitely not an [edited].  Proof; My dog says so)

[edited] = but whole person

Edited by mag00monster
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
1,825 posts
12,872 battles
6 minutes ago, mag00monster said:

and some buffoon drags me halfway across the map AND I GET PENALIZED AND END UP PINK

Sorry to inform you but, the automatic system doesn't just give you pink because of accidental bump and drag. It does continue to take friendly DMG. IF you accumulate enough DMG because neither of you two have the common courtesy of moving out the way. Then the pink slips will show up.

As a DD player with over half my matches in a DD, I never been pink because I was bumped into and taken for a ride. Until you prove to the forum that the automatic system did something out of its parameters, you're guilty according to the automatic system.

Do you your time and move on (nothing to see here boys)

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,751 battles

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
43 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

Pink is a warning

I could care less what color the boat is, but if pink is a warning, why does it say penalty?

[HYDRO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,751 battles
12 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

I could care less what color the boat is, but if pink is a warning, why does it say penalty?

The "penalty" only has to do with you having the colour and trying to avoid any friendly damage for a set number of battles. You are allowed to play any game mode you want at any tier.

Continued team damage or being afk leads to the true penalty, turning orange (you only see it, rest of people still see pink) and being forced into Co-op.

When you are pink it's your responsibility to avoid damage but other than that you have no restrictions.

The system is far from perfect especially when it comes to people being afk (I know from experience) but doesn't restrict you otherwise.

Last, because the system is automated and as far as I know won't be reverted, it is much simpler to do a few battles in Co-op or Operations, or just be extra careful in any other mode.

Edited by warheart1992

[ROTTN]
[ROTTN]
Members
4 posts
1,903 battles

Same things happening to me. Game crashed to login screen while awaiting battle #1 — penalized 5 battles. Worked through 3 of them and crash while awaiting battle #2 — penalized for 9 battles.

There's phrase that ends with "and the horse you rode in on!"

I'm done! Game deleted from my system in 3..2..1..

And World of Tanks.

And World of Warplanes.

Edited by unpocoloco

Members
4 posts
5,163 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Sorry to inform you but, the automatic system doesn't just give you pink because of accidental bump and drag. It does continue to take friendly DMG. IF you accumulate enough DMG because neither of you two have the common courtesy of moving out the way. Then the pink slips will show up.

As a DD player with over half my matches in a DD, I never been pink because I was bumped into and taken for a ride. Until you prove to the forum that the automatic system did something out of its parameters, you're guilty according to the automatic system.

Do you your time and move on (nothing to see here boys)

Until it happens... 

Sure, call [edited] on me but I'm telling you I was stuck on that boat and I got dragged along.  That's happened before too.  I also lean towards DD play and have my fair share.  I'm admittedly not a terribly good player (I'm an old guy) but I've never been penalized twice in one week for instances that I have zero control over.

I stand by my whiney complaint.  Hope it doesn't happen to you but... if it does enjoy your pink frosty covered coloring.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
On 9/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, mag00monster said:

It's been over a year since I've had to wear pink in this game.  Now twice in one week I'm getting shellacked by the Pink because of [edited] penalties and situations I cannot control.

First my game crashes.  Three battles until I'm no longer pink.  The next day WoWS gives free camo because the client is messed up and this happens to, like, everyone...

Then I'm playing in a low tier match (Derzki, I'll never leave you and your ten second torp reload...) and some buffoon drags me halfway across the map AND I GET PENALIZED AND END UP PINK.  What in the everloving HELL are they thinking???

Stop penalizing players that aren't [edited].

(I've checked, I'm definitely not an [edited].  Proof; My dog says so)

[edited] = but whole person

Something doesn't smell right with your"story" here. I don't think you fully understand how the penalty system works, but that's ok, I'll enlighten you.

It works on damage "you" caused to the "other player", moreover it's based on the "percentage of the other players overall health pool"...

So if this teammates "drug you half way across a map", there is no way that you caused enough of a percentage of damage to become pink, even if it was a Destroyer pushing you.

What I feel happened was, a BB or Cruiser hit you due to one or both of you not paying attention. In turn one or both of you got upset and the other player didn't slow down enough for you to make an exit. What's the likely conclusion? You torp him to "teach him a lesson", because after all, he rammed you and he should have slowed down right?

So, how close am I OP? 

EDIT: Forgot about the game crash issue you apparently have/had. I've played since OBT and can count on one hand with fingers to spare how many times my client has "crashed".

None of them though caused me to become pink and I was able to load right back in, in under 30 seconds.

Edited by BURN_Miner

Members
4 posts
5,163 battles

Appreciate your candid comments.  I swear to the RNGesus that I didn't torp anyone, shoot anyone or do anything other than try to get away from the other boat.  I understand your skepticism but I promise you it was me getting pushed along. 

FWIW, there was, regarding the crash, recognition by WG that this was a widespread problem and I received compensation.  I went pink on that because I was reported as AFK.

When I have to reboot my system and reload everything it takes substantively longer than a minute.  I'm a cheapskate using a year old computer I guess...

Happy hunting.

Members
10 posts
4,341 battles
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, BURN_Miner said:

Something doesn't smell right with your"story" here. I don't think you fully understand how the penalty system works, but that's ok, I'll enlighten you.

It works on damage "you" caused to the "other player", moreover it's based on the "percentage of the other players overall health pool"...

So if this teammates "drug you half way across a map", there is no way that you caused enough of a percentage of damage to become pink, even if it was a Destroyer pushing you.

What I feel happened was, a BB or Cruiser hit you due to one or both of you not paying attention. In turn one or both of you got upset and the other player didn't slow down enough for you to make an exit. What's the likely conclusion? You torp him to "teach him a lesson", because after all, he rammed you and he should have slowed down right?

So, how close am I OP? 

EDIT: Forgot about the game crash issue you apparently have/had. I've played since OBT and can count on one hand with fingers to spare how many times my client has "crashed".

None of them though caused me to become pink and I was able to load right back in, in under 30 seconds.

You can also get a penalty warning when your game doesn't load up, when you finally get back in you are either dead or the game is over.  A couple of these and you get pinked.

An automated system that penalises legitimate play and or inactivity that is no fault of the player, is flawed and frustrating.

On the entry screen it shows if a player is in the game or not.  Clearly WOW hasn't made the quantum leap to include this in their penalty parameters.

Basically its [edited]

Fully understand the reasoning for such a penalty, however the current construct requires review and updating

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

Wearing the pink does not have the same stigma that it used to. For those players who have been around a while it can be tough since it was always associated with team killers. The hassling of pink players either thru chat or by purposely griefing them to extend their pinkness is pretty much a thing of the past because so many people are pink now. Honestly I don't think anyone actually cares anymore. It seems they made a cure for a problem that didn't really exist except in the minds of the developers or forum whiners who ranted on about AFK players. Wargaming seems to excel at fixing things that were not broken. 

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,102 posts
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Wearing the pink does not have the same stigma that it used to. For those players who have been around a while it can be tough since it was always associated with team killers. The hassling of pink players either thru chat or by purposely griefing them to extend their pinkness is pretty much a thing of the past because so many people are pink now. Honestly I don't think anyone actually cares anymore. It seems they made a cure for a problem that didn't really exist except in the minds of the developers or forum whiners who ranted on about AFK players. Wargaming seems to excel at fixing things that were not broken. 

And not fixing those that are.

• Cool 1

Members
265 posts
On 10/1/2018 at 3:19 AM, BURN_Miner said:

So, how close am I OP? 

Well, I can tell you for an absolute fact that due to Hurricane (now Tropical Storm) Michael, my power went out tonight RIGHT when I was in the middle of loading into a match.  It's been over an hour and now it's finally back.  

Just loaded into the game and I'm pink.   Reason given was "Quitting a battle early" and "Inactivity in battle".   

No, I did not damage anyone as I was never in the game.   No, I had not damaged or run into any teammates in my 2 matches I'd played right before that, either.  

So maybe you are the one that doesn't fully understand how this game works.   As far as the game crashing, happens about once a month to me.   Usually I can reboot and get back in the game before it's over, but not always.  Happens more often than that to my son's computer.   Can't tell you how many times we've both been loading into matches or already in the match and his freezes and he has to reboot.  Luckily I'm already in those and tell everyone that he's rebooting so they won't jump the gun and report him, but it DOES happen, and frequently.  

Edit:  What was even worse about my power outage that made me go pink was, I had loaded my New Orleans up with good camo and 8 signals....all wasted. 

Edited by JuiceEFruit

[PIRAT]
Members
79 posts
2,839 battles
On 10/11/2018 at 8:43 PM, JuiceEFruit said:

Well, I can tell you for an absolute fact that due to Hurricane (now Tropical Storm) Michael, my power went out tonight RIGHT when I was in the middle of loading into a match.  It's been over an hour and now it's finally back.  

Just loaded into the game and I'm pink.   Reason given was "Quitting a battle early" and "Inactivity in battle".   

No, I did not damage anyone as I was never in the game.   No, I had not damaged or run into any teammates in my 2 matches I'd played right before that, either.  

So maybe you are the one that doesn't fully understand how this game works.   As far as the game crashing, happens about once a month to me.   Usually I can reboot and get back in the game before it's over, but not always.  Happens more often than that to my son's computer.   Can't tell you how many times we've both been loading into matches or already in the match and his freezes and he has to reboot.  Luckily I'm already in those and tell everyone that he's rebooting so they won't jump the gun and report him, but it DOES happen, and frequently.  

Edit:  What was even worse about my power outage that made me go pink was, I had loaded my New Orleans up with good camo and 8 signals....all wasted. 

I have a crash issue at least once a week that WG support keeps telling me is due to me timing out and the problem being on my end.  Sent back a email laughing at that explanation as the employees in my section won't dare to let their bosses internet connection go bad and the box that services my home is used as a training and monitoring station for the area (I run the local cable internet providers installation and repair tech department.)  So I really don't give much credence to support as they appear to follow the same procedures the tier 1 support for my company follows, parrot a predetermined line as being the cause and close it out asap to make their numbers look good.  Add that my experience with networks and internet, I'm smart enough to rule that out before I send in a ticket.  Add that to the map freezes on the cv since the last patch, I think I'm going to be pink for my cv for a long time.

As to the OP, seeming inactive gets you reported extremely quick nowadays.  Getting reported for unsportsmanlike conduct gets you reported faster especially if you irritate a division as all of them will report you.  That's probably why you got pinked for that.  But getting stuck on another ship seems to be getting more common.  I got a cruiser stuck on the NPC cv's during the cruiser operation and I couldn't break free.  One of the other players ended up having to ram my stern and force me closer to the cv in order to get my bow further off it's starboard side.  And I can't blame superstructure off the cv getting tangled on me as i was stuck just forward of the stern.  I just couldn't move and the NPC kept dragging....

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,569 battles

Back in the day if you saw a pink boat you knew it was pink because they screwed up and sank a friendly or were a real Serial Team Killer .. yes they did exist ...

now often the pinky is pink through no fault of there own when there internet or game crashed, last week I got 5 games pink when my computer crashed a bunch of times and also got Ill call them threats that if it happens enough I’ll only be allowed to play Co-op for an unspecified amount of time 

about as long as it takes this wallet warrior to uninstall the game ... at that point

[PIRAT]
Members
79 posts
2,839 battles
5 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Back in the day if you saw a pink boat you knew it was pink because they screwed up and sank a friendly or were a real Serial Team Killer .. yes they did exist ...

now often the pinky is pink through no fault of there own when there internet or game crashed, last week I got 5 games pink when my computer crashed a bunch of times and also got Ill call them threats that if it happens enough I’ll only be allowed to play Co-op for an unspecified amount of time 

about as long as it takes this wallet warrior to uninstall the game ... at that point

Haven't payed WG a dime in a couple years and don't see the need.  If they want to screw up, they can do it on someone dime....  And this comes from someone who spends 2-300 per month for games that the devs of those games are actually trying to keep a good balance.

Edited by IronStumpjumper