You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
puxflacet

The new Islands of Ice

The new Islands of Ice  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new map?

• Yes
    • No

9 comments in this topic

Modder
341 posts
14 battles

What was wrong with the old one? It was one of my favorite maps. Firstly I must say that the old map even looked better, the current islands seem all the same...

But was the cut off A point the reason for the change? I think that gave the map its "face". It brought some variable into decision making and possible twist afterwards = excitement. Now it is just plain shooting all over the map. It is basically just ocean map but with some cover for DDs. 

Not that i would say that ocean map is bad. It is good for what it is (but thankfully you dont see it much often). Same as maze-like designs with interesting plot twists are also needed. But this new map just has no "personality"

Edited by puxflacet

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,103 battles
9 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

What was wrong with the old one? It was one of my favorite maps. Firstly I must say that the old map even looked better, the current islands seem all the same...

But was the cut off A point the reason for the change? I think that gave the map its "face". It brought some variable into decision making and possible twist afterwards = excitement. Now it is just plain shooting all over the map. It is basically just ocean map but with some cover for DDs. 

Not that i would say that ocean map is bad. It is good for what it is (but thankfully you dont see it much often). Same as maze-like designs with interesting plot twists are also needed. But this new map just has no "personality"

I prefer both of the previous versions by a long shot. Definitely not a fan of the change.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,480 posts
11,142 battles

I much liked the original version of it. Yes it had issues but its just It looked much better and had more ambush places for DD play.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,657 posts
9,053 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

The new map version shouldn't be called Islands of Ice, but rather Glacier Range.

^

24 minutes ago, Battleship_DukeofYork said:

The original Islands of Ice (from beta and early launch) was one of the best maps in the game. Everything since has been mehhhhhhhh.

Yeah, we saw it far too often in testing but it was a really good map.

[KENT]
Members
54 posts
366 battles
29 minutes ago, Battleship_DukeofYork said:

The original Islands of Ice (from beta and early launch) was one of the best maps in the game. Everything since has been mehhhhhhhh.

I really hope one day we'll have event with all these old maps and, maybe, old ships, mechanics and features. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,725 posts
14,997 battles

I think it is a great map. It heavily rewards good spotting plays by DDs and good positioning while punishing bad positioning extremely hard. 

• Bad 2

[-AH-]
Members
38 posts
3,146 battles
2 hours ago, puxflacet said:

What WG has done with the new Islands of Ice is actually a good thing. The old version of it made the map boring and it was the same thing over and over again of a stalemate at the B and C caps with next to no one going to A cap. Anyone who went A was the team who won the battle 90% of the time. The new version of it makes the map much more enjoyableand there are less islands that Crusiers can HE spam from behind also the islands are bigger so Battleships CAN HAVE A REAL influence on the game